Team Group Dark Pro "8 Pack Edition" 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C14 3200MHz Dual Channel Kit - Black

Soldato
Installed a second set of these over the weekend, running at 1.45 V XMP @standard clocks, my pc has started hanging in games and I'm experiencing periods where the pc lagging.

Any ideas what it could be?

Tried running them at stock speeds ? is it still unstable then ?

Soldato
Bit more SOC/CPU voltage might take care of that issue with the extra sticks added putting more strain on the CPU's IMC but do try what peahead suggested first. Could Memtest the new sticks as well at stock just to be sure they are in good condition, before messing about with voltage tweaks and time possibly wasted.

Associate
Installed a second set of these over the weekend, running at 1.45 V XMP @standard clocks, my pc has started hanging in games and I'm experiencing periods where the pc lagging.

Any ideas what it could be?

What SOC voltage are you running? One of the first things I saw about these Ryzen's was one of their engineers in a video saying for any memory OC, set SOC voltage at a fixed value of 1.1v and forget it. That's what I'm running mine at and can get my RAM stable at 3666, however it's faster in gaming and in general set at 3333 and 3466.

Nice choice of car too, we have one too, in grey :)

Soldato
What SOC voltage are you running? One of the first things I saw about these Ryzen's was one of their engineers in a video saying for any memory OC, set SOC voltage at a fixed value of 1.1v and forget it. That's what I'm running mine at and can get my RAM stable at 3666, however it's faster in gaming and in general set at 3333 and 3466.

Nice choice of car too, we have one too, in grey :)

I've got an 8086K mate, think off the top of my head between 1.28 and 1.29v for 5.2GHZ.

Ha, the M140i was sold a few weeks ago. I got an amazing deal on a Jaaaaag (E-Pace) through work.

Associate
I've got an 8086K mate, think off the top of my head between 1.28 and 1.29v for 5.2GHZ.

Ha, the M140i was sold a few weeks ago. I got an amazing deal on a Jaaaaag (E-Pace) through work.

Ah yeah, good point, ignore me then as I've no idea about intel clocking, last one I OC'd was an x58 through base clock p!ssing about lol.

Yeah think ours will be going soon too, it's too small for our needs due to the fact our 2 year old is the size of a 4 year old lol. Time to scratch the M5 itch!

Soldato
Ran a memtest (still running) and have a few errors.

Could I get some help deciphering the below?

Since running the test, i've got over 20 errors all in test 8.

m7foNJJ.jpg

Last edited:
Associate
I am looking at getting a 3rd gen ryzen and a b450 msi carbon pro. I may go for the 3600 for the time being and then in a few years swap that out for the 16 core 4th gen 4950X. I am thinking about getting the edition 3200 16gb low latency memory. Ideally I see reports that the sweet spot for 3rd gen ryzen is 3600-4200mhz. Presumably I will need a new x570 mobo to cope with memory faster than 3200mhz?

Associate
I'm looking at buying one of these as well so would be interested to know.
My calculated guess / advice after using Ryzen and Threadripper since release is that they're both binned similarly and so buy whichever is cheaper, however I'm accustomed to setting all timings and voltages up manually, so if you aren't, you may want to go for the 3600 kit so you can set it and forget it in the BIOS.

Associate
Just installed another 16GB and worked first time with the correct timings, but just in case you decide to do it and have ocd they changed the writing on the top from Teamgroup to Tforce

Associate
My calculated guess / advice after using Ryzen and Threadripper since release is that they're both binned similarly and so buy whichever is cheaper, however I'm accustomed to setting all timings and voltages up manually, so if you aren't, you may want to go for the 3600 kit so you can set it and forget it in the BIOS.
Thanks for that. The 3600 kit is only £15 more so I think I'll just go for that one.

Soldato
Just installed another 16GB and worked first time with the correct timings, but just in case you decide to do it and have ocd they changed the writing on the top from Teamgroup to Tforce

Due to running a lower overclock on a lower cpu voltage I had to up my cpu voltage from 1.2 to 1.26 to be stable on 4 x 8gb in case anyone gets any issues. Runs fine on 3200c14.

Associate
or as the post suggested you could save £15 and get the 3200 ones and try and run them at 3600 by relaxing the timings.
I'd rather the £15 instead of trying to run them and it not work out. In fact I'll wait for some tests on the new AMD chips and see which is likely to be the best option.

Last edited:
I have heard that 3600 to 4200 is the sweet spot for the 3rd gen Ryzens.

amd_ryzen_memory.jpg

3733 CL17 (1866.5) @ 1:1

I guess I'll probably start off at either 17-19-19-39 -or- 17-21-21-41 timings and try and work on down from there.

It's hard to say what's what until we start testing.

Back
Top Bottom