• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
100% it'll be more than those figures in £, unless stock was paid for months ago at a much higher exchange rate (to $).

£ is getting smashed now that we're virtually certain to get either a narcissistic clown or some Brexiteer ultra as next PM.
The other candidates will just deliver a never-ending Brexit for ever and ever, amen.

I don't think that would do much for the exchange rate either.

Associate
Or you could just order one from an EU vendor, like I just listed. ;)

There is plenty of stock around, allocations are being easily fulfilled and many, many retailers are going to be fighting for your £££'s, prices will not be higher than the $ equivalents.

Umm ... and which EU vendors are going to take £, and take them at the value they were a few months ago? You seem to have forgotten how exchange rates work.

That said, the big German e-tailers will almost certainly be significantly cheaper than the UK, as usual, due to much higher purchasing power.

But most of them no longer ship to the UK, so you'll have to use a forwarding service, which will probably wipe out most of the saving.

Associate
Umm ... and which EU vendors are going to take £, and take them at the value they were a few months ago? You seem to have forgotten how exchange rates work.

That said, the big German e-tailers will almost certainly be significantly cheaper than the UK, as usual, due to much higher purchasing power.

I don't understand that thought , Ocuk being casekings sister company for example , surely Ocuk have as much buying power as German e tailors. Not sure how big the market is there compared to here.

Soldato

But most of them no longer ship to the UK, so you'll have to use a forwarding service, which will probably wipe out most of the saving.

Why is that, doesn’t the UK and Germany have a similiar population

Soldato
Makes little difference, since I can't afford it anyhow. Even the cheapest Ryzen 3 upgrade will be £500. An 8-core Ryzen upgrade £600.

Got to find me a new hobby.

Or just ride this 2500k till she gives up the ghost, then find me a new hobby :p

Or get a Ryzen 5 2600 for £120,a B450 Tomahawk for £90,and some 3200MHZ RAM for £100 - that is £310. Last year when everything was more expensive,my Ryzen 5 2600,high end B450 mini-ITX motherboard and 16GB of Samsung B-die RAM,was around £410 to £420 and I upgraded from a Xeon E3 1230 V2/Core i7 3770.

Soldato
I don't know why everyone is in such a flap about prices in Denmark, or indeed even the UK.

We know the price it will be in the US.
There is nothing stopping you buying it there and shipping it to the UK. (There is no state sales tax to pay if exporting).
To be honestly more people should grow a pair and start doing this more often and we might see UK retailer forces to gouge less.

You are the consumer, you can buy from any retailer in the planet. Just do your vat maths first.

Soldato

Seriously? I am assuming you have never used online shopping before then, I'll show you how it works.

1.) You go to the website, and put the product in your basket.
2.) You go through the checkout process.
3.) At the part requesting payment you use a credit card, (in my case a Halifax Clarity card that charges no fees for foreign transactions, and uses the inter-bank lending rate for the conversion)
4.) You wait for your parcel to be delivered to you door.

Obviously you need to make sure the retailer you chose from inside the EU ships to the UK, and there are lots and lots that do. A prime example of savings including shipping can be that of OCUK's owners, Caseking, you can often buy from them and pay about €9-12 shipping and the item can be considerably less that even if bought locally, especially if they have offers on.

Also just to make it 100% clear, if I pay €550 for something and the bank rate is £1:€1.12, I would get that product for £491.07, so I don't see what relevance the value has other than making it slightly cheaper or slightly more expensive, after all you'd only be using this method if local retailers are gouging the pricing, right?

So, are we clear now?

Soldato
Its a sad state of affairs when we all have to look abroad to purchase our hardware on new releases lol, country is in a proper sorry state. Im not buying til i see the different between the 3700x and 3800x and the 3800x and 3900x and then how Zen2 behaves on x370, x470, b450 compared to x570.

Im hoping i can get a 3900x on an x470 and maybe even the best b450 like that Asus Strix or the MSI Carbon Gaming Pro, if not the x470 Taichi, not interested in PCIE4 so trying to avoid paying for x570

Soldato
Its a sad state of affairs when we all have to look abroad to purchase our hardware on new releases lol, country is in a proper sorry state. Im not buying til i see the different between the 3700x and 3800x and the 3800x and 3900x and then how Zen2 behaves on x370, x470, b450 compared to x570.

Im hoping i can get a 3900x on an x470 and maybe even the best b450 like that Asus Strix or the MSI Carbon Gaming Pro, if not the x470 Taichi, not interested in PCIE4 so trying to avoid paying for x570

We won't have to, but the prices I posted yesterday were from an Italian retailer, to demonstrate that the prices shown by some click bait website were just that, click bait.

Distributors will have loads of stock, and as I mentioned the allocation of parts seems to be un-problematic presently. I am pretty confident that every major UK retailer including OCUk will have stock, and based on that will price them appropriately, due to the value add form securing a motherboard, RAM and possibly cooler sale at the same time, or in some cases entire systems.

I don't think you'll have any issue buying an older generation board, and putting a 3700X - 3900X on them, much to the annoyance of some people who seem to be trying to convince people otherwise. I think the main factor for older boards is ensuring that they are given regular BIOS updates if changes are made along the way.

Soldato
gaming x is 1H2L according to your table. so assumed it's pseudo-doubling in play...
elite just says DrMOS...so could be either...

seems to have 10 drivers - ISL6625A

https://www.renesas.com/eu/en/www/doc/datasheet/isl6625a.pdf

doublers being 5 ISL66174

https://www.renesas.com/cn/zh/www/doc/datasheet/isl6617a.pdf

Controller ISL69147 5+2 Mode - linked to 5 ISL66174 doublers - linked to 10 ISL66225A drivers - with 10 DIGITAL PPak 1H2L 60 amps.

Believe PPAK 1H2L are integrated mosfets , and in Z390 series they used 2x 4c10n + 2 x 4c06n for hi and low mosfet with ISL6617 with a lesser ISL 69138 controller .

As mentioned before everything Gigabyte has done to the Z390, they improved on with the X570

4:50 see the budget UD Z390 - then later on the Asus which got the stick !
Def looks like Good gigabyte and MSI have been listening to well know reviewers going through their ranges, gigabyte more so after x470 and z470 .

aorus elite is

GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite uses SiC634 (50A) MOSFETs

https://www.vishay.com/docs/76784/sic634.pdf

also INTEGRATED POWER STAGE units. so true 6 (6x2) doubled Phases

hope that helps a little bit. Gigabyte really screwing up phasing names now with TRUE 12/14 phases with 16 phase controllers ... doublers are good when used correctly with good mosfes . Would take anything away from X570 Godlike using doublers etc

Will still stand by that Gaming X is great entry for 8 core pushed to max and pushing 12 core on a budget with 3000hz ram and auto overclock. 16 core.. no, lacks 4/8 extra CPU pin and clean delivery of power at the price point for an expensive CPU.
also Gaming X 4 PCB layer will restrict ram speed or 4 dimms being used . would happily quote it with 3200hz ram and aorus pro to push 12 core + 3733hz ram due to being 6 layers

Last edited:
Soldato
Its almost Motherboard Russian roulette, who fancies a game. :p

its now turned into a VRM war on 4 parts.

Who can get the coldest number regardless of the set up.
Who has the most VRM count
Who can run the most VCore amps
Who has the most sophisticated set up.

you got gigabyte shooting off HIGH vrm count and Amps but would be warmer and more ripples then Aorus mid range - but they use good on Marketing for well known and well performing Mosfet units .

Least for Gigabyte/ Aorus if your going that way, Budget will define what board you get for 8-12 cores . MSI also the same personally.
ASUS has done a flip side to z390 boards which is nice to see - guessing the price will let you know though

Soldato
Think I’m going to fall into the camp of buying a 3600/3600X/3700X depending on overclocking and gaming benchmarks. In terms of the motherboard I would be looking at something capable of taking the 12/16 core chips in 1-2 years time, so would need to be spending a bit more on the motherboard now. The alternative is to a good 6/8c capable motherboard now and upgrade later with the 12/16c CPU as there will probably be newer chipsets available at a lower price point.

Soldato
Think I’m going to fall into the camp of buying a 3600/3600X/3700X depending on overclocking and gaming benchmarks. In terms of the motherboard I would be looking at something capable of taking the 12/16 core chips in 1-2 years time, so would need to be spending a bit more on the motherboard now. The alternative is to a good 6/8c capable motherboard now and upgrade later with the 12/16c CPU as there will probably be newer chipsets available at a lower price point.

was just going to use my Aorus 7 until wife had seen we need to change the living room and Dynamic case needs to become ITX sized... ;(

Back
Top Bottom