• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

OcUK RX5700 and RX5700XT review thread

Soldato
AMD are gouging too lol.
5700XT is mid range.

It's okay ragging on Nvidia
But AMD deserve the same.

Not disagreeing with that, x60 / x70 are mid range as well and should be priced accordingly - not $499 for a FE card., and these compete with them , after all - its the biggest market! The question is - which cards are the RX57xx replacing? Vega 56/64 or RX580/590? If its Vega , then RX57xx are both cheaper. If its 580/590 then these are more expensive.

Soldato
Replacing a product stack after 5 months (still waiting for that apology) IS a problem

Replacing a product stack? a product stack is from top to bottom, so no, they haven't replaced a product stack. They are replacing one card in 5 months. What about AMD doing the same thing, to hell with all the people who bought the Radeon VII. And the people who bought the Radeon Vii paid a hell of a lot more than the people who bought a 2060.

And since you have a problem with Nvidia replacing the 2070, 8 months later, what about RX 470 and RX 570? Oh, I get it, it's only bad if Nvidia does it.

Why would I apologise to you? You have been condescending and rude, insulting anybody who doesn't agree with you, labelling them as Nvidia fanboys. You have even labelled the whole site as pro Nvidia.

Permabanned
Not disagreeing with that, x60 / x70 are mid range as well and should be priced accordingly - not $499 for a FE card., and these compete with them , after all - its the biggest market! The question is - which cards are the RX57xx replacing? Vega 56/64 or RX580/590? If its Vega , then RX57xx are both cheaper. If its 580/590 then these are more expensive.

Navi 10 succeeds Polaris, obviously.
The thing is that above RX 5700/RVII, there are 5! nvidia cards which are either on par or with much higher performance.
1080Ti, 2070S, 2080, 2080S, 2080Ti.

Soldato
Replacing a product stack? a product stack is from top to bottom, so no, they haven't replaced a product stack. They are replacing one card in 5 months. What about AMD doing the same thing, to hell with all the people who bought the Radeon VII. And the people who bought the Radeon Vii paid a hell of a lot more than the people who bought a 2060.

And since you have a problem with Nvidia replacing the 2070, 8 months later, what about RX 470 and RX 570? Oh, I get it, it's only bad if Nvidia does it.

Why would I apologise to you? You have been condescending and rude, insulting anybody who doesn't agree with you, labelling them as Nvidia fanboys. You have even labelled the whole site as pro Nvidia.

You are wrong and proven wrong. RTX 2060 was launched this year and Nvidia are dumping it in a very short, and yet you still straw man. Thoughts and prayers for your soul.

Soldato
Also I cannot understand the outcry about the performance of the 5700XT...I quickly skimped through a few reviews, it looks like that in the worst case scenario it matches the 2070, and in the best case scenario it matches the 1080ti; this is a £380 card we are talking about here, yet people are crying like AMD has kidnapped and eaten their children...I just don't understand :confused:

Also did people forget that the 2070 was mostly around the pricing of closer to the north of £450 to £500+, with the ones that are around £430 was generally Grade B chip that doesn't match the performance shown in reviews in general (with Grade A chip)?

I don't think there is an outcry about performance, just the cooler and the price. There is no point in calling the Nvidia price crap and then calling the AMD price ok?

Also, there are always a couple of games that cards do really well in. There are always outliers. You can say that there are some cases where the 5700xt matches the 1080ti but there are also some cases where the 2060 Super is nearly as fast as the 1080 ti and where the 2070 super beats it easily.

Soldato
Navi 10 succeeds Polaris, obviously.
The thing is that above RX 5700/RVII, there are 5! nvidia cards which are either on par or with much higher performance.
1080Ti, 2070S, 2080, 2080S, 2080Ti.

Tom Logun talks about that in his video - the GTX 1080Ti cant be bought new, and the 5700XT is on par (at times) with the 2070 already, 2080s hasnt even been announced (as yet). RX 640 is mentioned as well for low end (ffs, polaris lives on , yet again)

Soldato
You are wrong and proven wrong. RTX 2060 was launched this year and Nvidia are dumping it in a very short, and yet you still straw man. Thoughts and prayers for your soul.

Ah, I see, your post explains everything, AMD GOOD - NVIDA BAD. AMD replaces card in a few months, that's fine according to you, Nvidia does it, that's terrible and a sign of panic.

Just to remind you, the argument was that this somehow proves that Nvidia are in panic mode. It doesn't, far from it. It just shows that they had a plan ready to rain on AMD's launch. Which they did. Or do you think AMD lowered the prices of the cards out of the goodness of their hearts?

So, nope, not wrong.

Soldato
Performance and price look decent enough. XT trades blows seemingly with the 2070S depending on the game, resolution and settings used. 5700 does very well against the 2060S.

Will be interesting to see what the custom cards look like price wise. Assumed they will be priced comparably to the 2070S custom cards.

Also - Custom Fan profile on my 1080Ti FE (repasted with MX-4), 76C in Superposition looped (or Destiny 2 if I am gaming). Was running at 71C but then ambient has gone up a few degrees. This is with it boosting to 2Ghz. Stock profile saw it hit 82C.

Back
Top Bottom