• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
don't be silly - that requires common sense lol

Ouch ?? some people are just impatient and want new shiny ..if AMD state it will be supported then they expect that.. i myself not too fused and agree peeps should wait but try telling that to the peeps i know i am just trying to help them out thats all ..

Just to check a few things, if you use flashback, try the following.
  1. Download the .zipped BIOS from MSI
  2. Extract file, and then rename it to MSI.ROM, ensure that file extensions are turned on in Windows so you can see the extension change.
  3. Format any USB pen drive type device to FAT32/NTFS, and then copy the file across, eject the stick to ensure writing has completed.
  4. Remove old CPU and RAM from the motherboard
  5. Insert the USB stick into the flashback port on the read I/O
  6. Turn the system on
  7. Press the flash back button a few times, then it will go red.
  8. Wait ~5 minutes.
Follow that and you'll have no issues, to many people are skipping steps and causing themselves massive headaches. :)

thx again Journey ..out of interest did you use the bios on the standard mortar b450 page
Version
7B89v17
Release Date
2019-06-24
File Size
10.11 MB

Or the one on the are you ready for ryzen page the b450 mortar Ti E7B89AMS.A7M

Soldato
Ouch ?? some people are just impatient and want new shiny ..if AMD state it will be supported then they expect that.. i myself not too fused and agree peeps should wait but try telling that to the peeps i know i am just trying to help them out thats all ..

thx again Journey ..out of interest did you use the bios on the standard mortar b450 page
Version
7B89v17
Release Date
2019-06-24
File Size
10.11 MB

Or the one on the are you ready for ryzen page the b450 mortar Ti E7B89AMS.A7M

This one.
http://download.msi.com/bos_exe/mb/7B89vA7M.zip

It's listed as Titanium but it is the same board, afaik and worked fine.

Soldato
Because first gen were terrible for gaming :D
i'm on a 1st gen, gaming away without issue. :p - i get what your saying though but i just don't understand why the rush for 1st gen users. it was being said far and wide that the bios updates needed would be slower to surface for the x370 boards as the mb vendors focussed on x570, then x470

Associate
which is why i don't understand those on x370 boards rushing out to buy the 3xxx chips. surely you wait till the dust settles somewhat and bios revisions start to filter down.

Yup exactly what I'm doing.

Theres already a bios available for my Gigabyte Gaming 5 but I'm going to sit here and watch with interest as the kinks of this release are all ironed out. Then hopefully the upgrade will be problem, and more importantly, stress free!

Soldato
bit off topic but anyone with any ryzen 3000 cpus are you noticing your psu is running warm, looking around mine system checking cables and noticed radiant heat of my corsair 1k platinum unit at idle and under load?

Soldato
Yup exactly what I'm doing.

Theres already a bios available for my Gigabyte Gaming 5 but I'm going to sit here and watch with interest as the kinks of this release are all ironed out. Then hopefully the upgrade will be problem, and more importantly, stress free!
aye, on the same board and it's calling to me everytime i look at it to have a 3xxx series chip plonked into it. but i'm not giving in until the bios revisions are in place my sanity is more important to me! the current f40 bios to support Ryzen 3xxx was released on the 14.06.19 - anyone in their right mind thinking that bios will be anything but a place holder/token gesture/piece of ***** needs their head looked at.

OcUK Staff
No one else been playing with a 3700x? Really don't know if 89 degrees max at around 1.47 to 1.49v for 4.1 all core is ok? This is with Evo 212 cooler not wraith prism

That seems like a lot of voltage for a 7nm part, it may be safe but I’d probably be wanting to stay under 1.40v and under 80c for longevity of the part and OC stability. But others can probably advice better!

Soldato
No one else been playing with a 3700x? Really don't know if 89 degrees max at around 1.47 to 1.49v for 4.1 all core is ok? This is with Evo 212 cooler not wraith prism

definatly back off the volts at 4.1ghz you should be closer to 1.3v or lower if you can, my 3900x was at 4099mhz at 1.42v and hitting over 90 i started overclocking and got 4.35gz at 1.2875v and temps have peaked at 75 degrees which is miles better, (i'm running custom 360mm rad aftermarket watercooling)

Back
Top Bottom