• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
A proper NAS doesnt run VM's. A proper NAS is a NAS. ;)

But for home use i can see your usage model.
As a note though, that 4-core Ryzen would still be able to run most things you are trying to do pretty well, including transcoding of videos or other CPU heavy tasks, whilst running a few other VM's perfectly fine too. :)
What sort of workload do you envision to be virtualised?

I don't really know yet but I don't want to find I don't have the system capability after spending a fair amount on it. It's not that much more to have more cores in the grand scheme of things since you need all the other bits anyway.

Having the VM's on the NAS seems like the best place for them so I could access them from the PC or laptop, off loading stuff to these from a less power full laptop for instance.

Soldato
If you're running a later version of Win10 then absolutely no need to do so and a waste of time. You will just need the motherboard chipset drivers etc. from the manufactures website.

Sorry to hijack the thread and derail. I've just had a mobo swap due to an RMA and reused the same Nvme card which had win10 installed fine. When installed to the new MB, my windows install wasn't detected and I had to do a full reinstall- should I have done something? Was a brand new install of win10 (done Friday night). Im back on PC after a 10 year hiatus so out of sync with most things.

I posted in the other Ryzen 3000 / x470 thread about my experience with the CPU so far. Will post back in here with my 3600 findings once my issues are resolved.

Associate
I have same 3200CL14 RAM with zero issues at stock and seems fine to run at 3600CL16.. and thats on my 2700X.

I run it at 3200CL14 as Zen+ likes to run faster on the lower latency, as we all know :)

Cant imagine it not easily doing 3600CL16 on Ryzen 3xxx chips.

Yeah I get the impression that they're the same sticks with different profiles.

I've yet to see a good comparison of 3200 c14 and 3600 c16 on Zen 2. Seem to remember a reddit comment from 1 of the amd reps that there was mileage in phshing the IF, so I'm hoping 3600 c16 will have the edge.

I've just ordered a 2070 Super, so I'm glad my memory doesn't need changing at least.

Back
Top Bottom