• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
3800x shipped!
you-are-the-chosen-one-pl-ffffff.jpg

:D

Associate
Just took the plunge on an asrock taichi, 8 pack ddr4 3600 and a 3800x. Havent been AMD since the Athlon 64

Edit...

I actually got the 4000mhz ram, will i be able to down clock it to 3600 and maybe tighten the timings?

Soldato
no worries, i've been feverishly checking :p still going to hold off a bit longer till the dust settles a bit and i start to see reviews of the new bios working on older boards.
I'm in the same boat, my 1700 is cracking on just fine at the moment, I have the money to upgrade to a 570 board but at this moment I don't see the point. I will just sit and watch lol. hopefully not to many car crashes.

Caporegime
Killed.....in what way :eek:
Was being a bit odd after updating it. Not restarting properly, no bios screen. I then powered it down using the power button, and nothing since.

When I switch off from the mains, then switch on, the lights on the mobo and cooler flash for a millisecond but do nothing. Then my RGB ram lights up, but still completely dead when I switch on. Only if I switch off and on from the mains do I get that brief flash of light. Also, when I switch on for the first time, the psu makes a loud clicking noise. I've cleared CMOS using battery method and jumper, but still no luck.

Soldato
Just took the plunge on an asrock taichi, 8 pack ddr4 3600 and a 3800x. Havent been AMD since the Athlon 64

Edit...

I actually got the 4000mhz ram, will i be able to down clock it to 3600 and maybe tighten the timings?

as I posted on previous page i would not assume that you can unless 8 pack confirms so.

binning for clock speed not always same as binning for tight timings.

Associate
Sorry I missed the post. I have been at work since 3am

Spoke to a sales rep who just said he thought it wouldn’t be a problem.

If it’s an issue I’ll buy the 3600mhz ram and return the ram I just paid for.

Soldato
The coincidence would be amazing wouldn’t you say. It’s not a rubbish unit either, it’s a three year old superflower leadex platinum 850w. Never given me one problem before.
yea but if it's making a clicking noise that doesn't sound right - a psu won't shouldn't make any clicking noise, loud or quiet. only noise i want to hear from a pus is maybe a bit of hum from the fan!

Back
Top Bottom