Fortnite players to become millionaires

Caporegime
That was pretty exciting. The action was so fast, the Twitch bandwidth couldn't cope and often went blocky. Shame there was not a single female in this event. What are all those booby Fortnite streamer girls doing? :D (Selling their bath water it seems)

Caporegime
One of the kids in the tournament tweeted yesterday saying "crazy how I'm gonna be a millionaire tomorrow"

Him and his duo partner finished third, netting him 900k.

Soldato
OP
One of the kids in the tournament tweeted yesterday saying "crazy how I'm gonna be a millionaire tomorrow"

Him and his duo partner finished third, netting him 900k.

And a british teenager under the name Wolfiez came 2nd.
Quite an achievement considering 40 million applied to the competition. And it says him and his duo partner will split £1.8 million. So, same prize money as 3rd place?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-49141738

Soldato
Fortnite is a fantastic game, albeit in small doses.

One thing the devs really, really need credit for is somehow keeping the community fairly decent. That's one hell of a task with free games, just look at LoL's community.

Have you ever experienced the DOTA community? Pure cancer.

Soldato
Didn't realise you were 12 years old. Explains a lot

Person on internet mocks "childish" game with childish insults?

Epic have done a great job with keeping Fortnite alive. It's free, it constantly evolves while keeping the core game familiar, there is no competitive advantage to paying. And most importantly, it proves you don't need expensive realistic graphics to make a game fun. A good concept backed by a great engine is all you need.

Caporegime
Epic have done a great job with keeping Fortnite alive. It's free, it constantly evolves while keeping the core game familiar, there is no competitive advantage to paying. And most importantly, it proves you don't need expensive realistic graphics to make a game fun. A good concept backed by a great engine is all you need.
Agreed,
They are managing to make a boatload of cash with it, runs on a potato so the player base isn’t held back by requiring an absurdly priced GPU etc, I’d imagine people like EA are watching and plotting their own route towards this cash cow.

Soldato
Agreed,
They are managing to make a boatload of cash with it, runs on a potato so the player base isn’t held back by requiring an absurdly priced GPU etc, I’d imagine people like EA are watching and plotting their own route towards this cash cow.
Precisely. I remember when Crysis came out and I thought that the game was actually developed by GPU and hardware makers. ;)

Permabanned
Agreed,

Well, Its not that dissimilar to Apex Legends, that runs on fairly low spec machines too.

Caporegime
Person on internet mocks "childish" game with childish insults?

CS:GO, Apex Legends

Both much better games and played by adults.

Both run very well and cs will run on any cpu and gpu you can buy and max out frames at 1080p I get 300-400fps at 1440p

Caporegime
Agreed,

EA already have a much better game in apex legends

Caporegime
CS:GO, Apex Legends

Both much better games and played by adults.

Both run very well and cs will run on any cpu and gpu you can buy and max out frames at 1080p I get 300-400fps at 1440p

You seem to be incapable of understanding that it is in fact possible, and many adults do, rather frequently, play more than one game? Picking one isn't a commitment, you can play whatever you want, whenever you want. It's not a competition, nobody's judging you, load up whatever you want and play it.

You do understand this, right?

Back
Top Bottom