• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
Exactly this, all of this

On my x470 ultra gaming I was getting 4.35ghz single core boost and 4.15 multi.

On this 3x the price x570 i get 4.2ghz and 4.1 multi.

Every setting I change takes 5 minutes to post.

Not only was my x470 faster, it boosted higher
Even though it was hitting ppt and edc 100% limits

This x570 is using 20% and won't even boost as high....
Glad You found way to get it Running with 1 setting at the time. I tried cheanging all settings at one. No freaking chance to post its lik WTF. I wuld not use Auto overclocking tends to pump loads of volts in to 3900x. I know that PBO in ryzen master Worked and not made bioss crash so maybe try this and you will Maybe get back to Stock boosting of 3900x.

Fully stock on ny c7h 3900x boosts to almost 4600 - the few mhz as it is on not locked 100bclk.;

Looks like C7H would have been better than brand new x570 gigabyte motherboard :/

@GIGA-Man can You tell us what to hell is up with booting up of those x570 motherboards ?? Why if We change more than 1 setting at the time there is option of not posting up at all and board reverting to default after 5 minutes lol

@humbug i goggled a bit and found out It's a gigabyte thing :/ I remember You said I will be impressed with changes made to bios. Indeed I am impressed how bad it posts compared to my molested 17 month old Crosshair 7 motherboard

Last edited:
Caporegime
It's not boosting as high as hes x470 was with crap vrm LOL

aka

Single core Should be boosting to almost 4600 not 4300 tho..

There is a rant post somewhere on the net, OC.net or Redit about AMD pulling back the volts / clocks slightly because of people getting hyperbolic about seeing <1.5v in hardware monitoring software, which of course is completely normal but when you have the internet freaking out about it you have to be seen to do something about it.

I don't know if they did that through Chipset drivers or BIOS.

however getting them to boost to 4.6Ghz ST has always been a rare thing, some reviewers saw 4.5Ghz or slightly higher but never 4.6Ghz, most actually only saw about 4.4Ghz, because of the way these CPU's boost i would imagine it will only get there under very light electrical current loads.

Permabanned
@humbug remember I posted full on optimal settings on MY pc and it was boosting almost 4600 NO PROBLEM 4566 not locked bclk to 100 its 99.8 as You see.
i0E8t2z.jpg

Just few minutes ago made this quick vid to show ya how system SHOULD boot up. And was interested how long it actually takes atm. @Illuminist @opethdisciple @GIGA-Man
I have FAST BOOT DISABLED btw so no cheats or trix.

2 minutes 28 from Bios reset to loading profile and windows loaded. This is on 2501 bios with 1.0.0.2 agesa. So Its or AMD's new agesa being total crap or implementation of em in gigabytes motherboard. I would like to actualy know WHY it's working so poor on BETTER x570 motherboards...

Last edited:
Permabanned
Good choice, some people take up vaping.
I started quitting with Vaping but not like the mongols that look like Thomas the Tank engine when passing by with batteries size of mopet one. Started with 16mg nicotine then moved to 8 then moved to no nicotine. Then I got bored of Vaping and moved to cheewing gums.
I do still smoke my Gandalfs pipe full of Shires finest pipe weed ;) But thats to kill my back pain and get some sleep in evening like now off 2 sleep :D

HRL

HRL

Soldato
Exactly this, all of this

Every setting I change takes 5 minutes to post.

Not only was my x470 faster, it boosted higher
Even though it was hitting ppt and edc 100% limits

This x570 is using 20% and won't even boost as high....

Jesus, you’ve not had much luck with your new mobo. Perhaps it is worth me getting a 3900X for my X470 Gaming Ultra after all, crappy VRM’s or not.

Soldato
You chewing gum? :D

Ok, its just that you said you got 4.35Ghz on the old board, 4.2Ghz on the new one. :)
He was quoting me when he said that.

This posting scenario is totally ridiculous,

@Zeed what if I force a manual overclock, how would I do that and what's the safe volts I can set?
Should I aim for 4.5 all core of 4.6? Or lower?

Also if I want to get the IF from 1800 to 1900 is there anything I need to increase to do that?

Last question, anyone here with the 8 Pack 3200 cl 14 that's managed 3800mhz, if so what timing and volts?

Associate
clocks speeds was downclocked straight away on 1.0.0.3Agesa, only 1.0.0.2 Agesa were able to get 4,6ghz+ clocks, It doesnt matter which board you are using.. I Will add my clocks on 1.0.0.2 on x570... after first bios update to 1.0.0.3AB it never past 4.525.. https://prnt.sc/opdcnu

Motherboard problems? What motherboard problems? [/S]
Mine won't even attempt to post as with CPU in socket it cuts out the power supply. Good old X570 designed specifically for 3rd gen Ryzen.
I've RMA'd the CPU, ordered a new one, and will test it when it arrives tomorrow. Then if still no joy I will need to RMA the X570.

In other news, I purchased a PSU tester and a mobo POST speaker/buzzer which arrived last night, so I will look to test the PSU properly today too.

Associate
Mine won't even attempt to post as with CPU in socket it cuts out the power supply. Good old X570 designed specifically for 3rd gen Ryzen.

I've RMA'd the CPU, ordered a new one, and will test it when it arrives tomorrow. Then if still no joy I will need to RMA the X570.

In other news, I purchased a PSU tester and a mobo POST speaker/buzzer which arrived last night, so I will look to test the PSU properly today too.

But other than these very minor setbacks, how are you enjoying your new Ryzen 3000 system? :D

Soldato
In Ryzen master, the software shows you which is your fastest core, 2nd fastest etc. But through other monitoring software (HWInfo) for me, these chips are the slowest regarding max boost. Or are these fastest chips the fastest at prolonged tasks? Or Ryzen software/BIOS/Chipset drivers not allowing the fastest cores to be picked up.

Permabanned
He was quoting me when he said that.

This posting scenario is totally ridiculous,

@Zeed what if I force a manual overclock, how would I do that and what's the safe volts I can set?
Should I aim for 4.5 all core of 4.6? Or lower?

Also if I want to get the IF from 1800 to 1900 is there anything I need to increase to do that?

Last question, anyone here with the 8 Pack 3200 cl 14 that's managed 3800mhz, if so what timing and volts?
Well if Your lucky You can get 4.4 all core passing cb20 with gihg volts :p
Id start from setting 1.35 and 4300 all core see ho that works how Vdrop is and work from there up. Onc I'w had Elite finally running vdrop and overclocking was working fine.

Associate
@Zeed "paying Asus motherboard tax prices with a smile on my face" lol Asus BIOS is really good in my opinion. I still was not able to find the BCLK OC, I think is Auto Overclock on my Asrock board but not sure.

Associate
I have a question for everyone, or at least the one that has experience with Hydronaut. I had ran out last week and nearest store only had Hydronaut in stock so I bought it. I recently bought Kryonaut again to have for when Hydronaut runs out. Should I swap them since Kryonaut is technically better? I honestly haven't noticed difference in temps but we also have a new chipset driver which is not as aggressive as the previous one, so that could be why as well.

Back
Top Bottom