• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Caporegime
Got mine Saturday for £280 used up my promotional credit, noticed price gone up on these now

3700x.jpg

Need a board though. Been looking at a few. Wonder if the chipset fan being a bit further down makes any difference to temperature on the Aorus Elite? The Asus pacman board looks decent as well.. dunno, ram i ordered shouldn't be an issue for either board, G.Skill said need to wait for BIOS update for the Gigabyte board to support the 3600mhz neo kit.

boards.jpg

I think maybe just get the Asus.

Talking of chipset fans...when I power up my X570 Gaming Edge WIFI, sans CPU, the fan kicks in 100%. Wasn't expecting that TBH. Makes a bunch of whooshing air noise whilst outside of case. Seemed louder than all of my case fans running at 100% and the cooler fans at 100%.

Associate
Talking of chipset fans...when I power up my X570 Gaming Edge WIFI, sans CPU, the fan kicks in 100%. Wasn't expecting that TBH. Makes a bunch of whooshing air noise whilst outside of case. Seemed louder than all of my case fans running at 100% and the cooler fans at 100%.
Try to set a fan curve for it or change the preset in the BIOS (if you have the option). My Asrock board had it on 100% by default but I set it to Silent.

At lest I change settings in bios and it changes settings and boots up. People constantly say but its asus tax ye tax for stuff to actually work :p Maybe we only had 3 bioses for C7H so far but at lest One is working great :)
I previously had a Strix Z270E and it worked really well, the BIOS was easy to use and it just worked. First time using Asrock and so far so good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Soldato
I must have just been unlucky with Asus stuff in the past. Only ever had issues with them and the resulting customer support was always terrible which is why I tend to avoid if I can.

Back
Top Bottom