**** The Official Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Thread ****

Associate
Meh it's just not for me, been through it with two other phones before S10 and wired earphones still just work best in my scenario. Don't really want to derail this thread and accepted that after my S10e I will be forced to "upgrade" my portable audio with whatever new phone I get.

Also it's pretty annoying that they didn't add the depth sensors to the smaller Note, I'm sure they could have "squeezed" that into the chassis which would make it a better phone for those wanting a slightly more compact device with full feature set. Not having SD storage just feels needless from Samsung, I'm sure there will be a dual sim variant which easily could have had hybrid support for SD storage.

Charging the extra £100 for Plus version with bigger and higher resolution screen, bigger battery and 45W charging would have still felt fair but it just forces people who wanted the smaller experience (which I imagine is the point of having two versions?) to go for bigger version.

Apparently this is what the consumer wants ;)

Associate
Ok,
I am definately getting the 10+ Aura glow 256gb with 5G....call me a fan of the note series and new tech in general.

Only debate is who is offering the best deal?
So far only offer I have seen for trade in etc is John Lewis or Argos are offering an extra £100 on trade in value when trading my note 9 512gb in with samsung. This is available through the attached website
https://www.samsungtradeinoffer.co.uk/promo/johnlewis#claim

But I have noticed when checking value of my phone it would be worth £370 with the bonus.....
While samsung offer £400 trade in outright. Even Music Magpie offer £400

Any better trade ins or deals people have seen???

Associate
Yep, very underwhelming.

The more reviews I watch the less impressed I get with it.

Think I'll stick with my tenner a month on VOXI than waste a £1K+ for essentially the same thing with a few pointless upgrades.

Sad the state of upgrades these days :(

Soldato
Yep, very underwhelming.

The more reviews I watch the less impressed I get with it.

Think I'll stick with my tenner a month on VOXI than waste a £1K+ for essentially the same thing with a few pointless upgrades.

Sad the state of upgrades these days :(

Just out of curiosity... one is a sim card, the other is a phone? :confused:

Soldato
How do I get away from that wanting to buy a new mobile phone itch every time a shiny new model comes out :p

(I have a Note 8 & Note 9.. :o)

It really depends on whether you want something to knock your socks off or not.. it's only ever going to be incremental if you upgrade incrementally.. that said you'll likely get better returns for your newer phone so the leap is less expensive in relative terms if you do it constantly.

I never bothered doing the maths but I remember when I went through my iPhone phase I used to upgrade every year and it was in the region of £300ish I think to move.. then my GF kept her 6S literally forever and when it came time to change if she wasn't going to a work phone it would have been a relative fortune as the 6S was worthless.

Shiny is good if you're happy paying the money, just go into it with correct expectations :)

I think 5G would be the game changer here.. certainly what I'm hoping for, something's got to make Vodafone work lol

Soldato
I've got a Note 8 which was on contract, ended 2 months back so I went SIM only with VOXI in the hope of the Note 10 being something worth buying when it came out. It isn't, so I'll stick with my £10 a month for 8GB and save myself a small fortune :)

Oh god yeah.. I'll be honest I've never really grasped this expensive contract thing. I come from a time when a phone was whatever the phone was and then the contract was whatever the contract was.. The idea of getting on for £100 a month for 2 years is insane IMO

Associate
Oh god yeah.. I'll be honest I've never really grasped this expensive contract thing. I come from a time when a phone was whatever the phone was and then the contract was whatever the contract was.. The idea of getting on for £100 a month for 2 years is insane IMO

I was quite lucky with my Note 8, I got it for £28 per month on O2 and £200 upfront which is about £870 all in, only about £20 more than the SIM free price on release. Sold my S6 Edge+ for over £200 so wasn't too bad really.

That didn't work for when I went into a shop and compared my note 8 to the note 9 :o

Then there is no hope, you may as well just pre order :p

Caporegime
It's interesting that Samsung in the eu\uk don't offer an option to trade in an s10 model against the note, but in the U.S. they do. But overall we pay more and get a lower spec of phone compared to the U.S. model?

bKFO8e7.jpg

Soldato
It's not interesting, it's just how UK and European markets always get screwed compared to Uncle Sam users. That's without getting into whole Exynow vs SD comparison.

Back
Top Bottom