• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
YE BUT we are in MLCT aka 'Memory Latency Championship Trophy' You get sub 63 and you get the
ea441c91351c543757de39bf3785f2ac6d262c4e.jpeg
Can I get my award now??

4ECsDGt.jpg

Associate
@Smak I had a look what Geardown setting in Bios You got I assume You are running cl15 cause 14 is unstable ?? MAybe LOOSEN tRC to 46 going lower on tRFC than 288 i noticed no much gain on latency. As I said last night or this morning.... From going cl16 to cl14 my latency moved barely 0.1-0.2 down.

what motherboard You are on ?? And are You using performance BAIS setting do you even have it ?? I tested and posted impact of all 4 options some time ago if you got option set CB15 that could cut latency down a bit.

I can't get C14 to post unfortunately, tried more volts, looser tRC, tRFC etc

I'm using MSI MEG ACE motherboard but not aware of 'performance bais' setting you refer to?

I mean 63.5 is pretty decent but it's not 62.5 :D I will swap out the 3700X for 3900X when back in stock, maybe that is the difference?

Permabanned
I can't get C14 to post unfortunately, tried more volts, looser tRC, tRFC etc

I'm using MSI MEG ACE motherboard but not aware of 'performance bais' setting you refer to?

I mean 63.5 is pretty decent but it's not 62.5 :D I will swap out the 3700X for 3900X when back in stock, maybe that is the difference?
aaaa Post problems assume You plauyed around with CAD BUS and ODT and coldo VDDP ??

Permabanned
Lol I managed to find BCLK, but i cant use decimal points. It has to be either 101 or 102. That was with 101 BCLK.
Well depends on yours stability i cant get full 102 stable enough for me. If i cant pass ycruncher Pi at lest ONCE its not stable :p im on edge of stability blade to pass that. As I mentioned I had to up PLL to 1.82volt to get those tioghtened up timings to pass cause cpu was not having it.

Last edited:
Associate
Well depends on yours stability i cant get full 1002 stable enough for me. If i cant pass ycruncher Pi at lest ONCE its not stable :p im on edge of stability blade to pass that. As I mentioned I had to up PLL to 1.82volt to get those tioghtened up timings to pass cause cpu was not having it.
I cant even try 101.8, so I gave 101 a try to start. But Im going to leave BLCK on 100 for daily use (boring I know).

Permabanned
I cant even try 101.8, so I gave 101 a try to start. But Im going to leave BLCK on 100 for daily use (boring I know).
9/10 things I post here is my new Daily or want to be daily. As You seen had that CL14 yesterday passing quic mem check ect got down to 62.4ns but was no go to get it hci
and ycruncher stable :p

Last edited:
Soldato
The efficiency comes into play when you're running a higher end chip as the less efficient the VRM, the more heat it produces delivering the power to the CPU, and if the VRM overheats the system will crash or it'll throttle the CPU. That's the issue with some of the cheap boards, they can power a 3900x but the useless heatsink they put on does nothing to cool the VRM and it'll be unstable.

As for the Strix, it's the same VRM so only consider it if you want the extra features for £30.

Hmm maybe I should wait for prices to stabilise. I want a solid Vrm.

Soldato
Getting good results with a 3600x and a B450M board, stable voltage, doesn't bounce up and down like my x570 board did, no fans ramping up every minute, boosting to 4.25 out the box.

Associate
aaaa Post problems assume You plauyed around with CAD BUS and ODT and coldo VDDP ??

Yeah no matter what I try C14 don't post :(

I tried your C16 timings but scored lower, maybe AGESA? I'm on crappy AB until MSI release ABB

I WANT THAT TROPHY!!! :p

Back
Top Bottom