• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD on the road to recovery.

Soldato
Some people here really need to stop being so emotional, going from fanboy to hater back to fanboy etc. Stop being so dramatic. Got disappointed on price, didn't meet what you expected = complete turn around.

I have the same with a new product release last month that is a overwhelming success, but you get the drama queens coming in with posting hate on Facebook, refusal to take advice. When they actually apply the advice... tada.... the product beats their expectations and suddenly it's a miracle product, it can do no wrong..... until the next time they screw something up themselves..... then it's "I must post this immediately to the largest Facebook group!!!!" (rather than engaging the brain).

Back on topic: It's good to see AMD doing so well again. I have slight concern about the chip longevity, and if it will turn out to be a true issue or not. Seems to me that the process for the Zen 2 7nm still needs to mature.

TrM

TrM

Associate
Some people here really need to stop being so emotional, going from fanboy to hater back to fanboy etc. Stop being so dramatic. Got disappointed on price, didn't meet what you expected = complete turn around.

I have the same with a new product release last month that is a overwhelming success, but you get the drama queens coming in with posting hate on Facebook, refusal to take advice. When they actually apply the advice... tada.... the product beats their expectations and suddenly it's a miracle product, it can do no wrong..... until the next time they screw something up themselves..... then it's "I must post this immediately to the largest Facebook group!!!!" (rather than engaging the brain).

Back on topic: It's good to see AMD doing so well again. I have slight concern about the chip longevity, and if it will turn out to be a true issue or not. Seems to me that the process for the Zen 2 7nm still needs to mature.

thats the problem though people will allways change there views on differnt things though. Be it price the leaks last decemeber showed amd was going to give you 12 and core 16 for the same price as the 3700x with more performance per core then intel and less then 3000 pounds no matter how much we wanted ti to be true it was never going to live upto the leaks/hype.i was shown on anotrherb thread that amd prices havent changed much from generation to generation. But to me ppaying for a 480 cpu felt like i personally have spent more on the 3900x then any other of my systems over the eyars on a cpu so i fell like i have the prices have gone up.

but amd has some major flaws like thew bios problems temp and teething problems and i have felt like a beta tester:) and spending more on the cpu then i have ever done felt quite strange tbh but im rerally impressed with amd and ryzen 3000 overall though .

but that also brings us to the next problem atlot of people are sued to intel cpu's and since intel have been on 14nm for a few genererations now were used to node and the platform maturing i dont think amd wil be in a such a postion for that. from there road map there going to be hitting the new nm node as soon at its realsed 7nm uv next then 5nm for zen 3. also weve seen the bios problems older boards have had no forward thinking on bios size and even ahving to have 2 bios for a b450 board one for ealier cpu one for later cpu's that keeping with the amd4 sockat has caused its own challanages. Now will amd keep with am4 for next cpu's or will they chose to move to am5 cpu socket and make the enxt launch easier for asus/msi etc since they said they will suport it till 2020 which they have done really

and as for fan boys ive neevre understood being loyal to one brand buy the best you can right now for the price you can pay be it ryzen 5 money or intel i9 money both amd and intel offer compelling cpu's for your money even though i personally think amd are ahead atm

Permabanned
AMD Unveils CPU Market Share Statistics – Highest Market Share Since 2014, Captured All Segments Including Server, Desktops, and Notebooks https://wccftech.com/amd-cpu-market-share-highest-since-2013-ryzen-threadripper-epyc/

It's quite interesting how the desktop market share remains flat sequentially!

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-desktop-pc-mobile-server-overall-market-share,40141.html
AMD Desktop Unit Market Share 2Q 2019 = 17.1% (+0 over Q1 2019 and +4.8% over Q2 2018)
AMD Mobile Unit Market Share 2Q 2019 = 14.1% (+1% over Q1 2019 and +5.3% over Q2 2018)
AMD Server Unit Market Share 2Q 2019 = 3.4% (+0.5% over Q1 2019 and +2% over Q2 2018)

Associate
It's quite interesting how the desktop market share remains flat sequentially!

https://www.tomshardware.com/news/amd-desktop-pc-mobile-server-overall-market-share,40141.html
AMD Desktop Unit Market Share 2Q 2019 = 17.1% (+0 over Q1 2019 and +4.8% over Q2 2018)
AMD Mobile Unit Market Share 2Q 2019 = 14.1% (+1% over Q1 2019 and +5.3% over Q2 2018)
AMD Server Unit Market Share 2Q 2019 = 3.4% (+0.5% over Q1 2019 and +2% over Q2 2018)
That's only up to the end of June, most people were waiting for Zen 2 to be released in July.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

Here's hoping AMD can use some of their CPU money to fund their anemic Radeon department.

Their cards are quite good at the price points they've chosen. Just because they've chosen not to produce a super high end card to compete with the 2080ti doesn't mean they aren't doing well.

Permabanned
It is either or... Either intel is stupid to allow their sales at an all-time low, or there is some type of agreedment between the corps helping AMD to support its operations through lack of competition.

Caporegime
OP
It is either or... Either intel is stupid to allow their sales at an all-time low, or there is some type of agreedment between the corps helping AMD to support its operations through lack of competition.

Look at the 'Rain Forest' best sellers list, if their CPU's are not good and good value, people ain't going to buy them, AMD are rapidly gaining Desktop Retail market share, even on the Steam Hardware Survey, AMD are at 19.4% vs 80.6% for Intel, AMD haven't been that high in many years.

Don
As someone who hasn't bought an AMD CPU since the Intel Core2Quad came out (my last AMD was an Athlon XP 2500), it's great to see them glancing blows with AMD in the high end Desktop CPUs again :)

Soldato
AMD were on the back foot as soon as Conroe came out but as bledd says it great to see them back in the game after all these years (especially at the high end).

Looking at those Mindshare numbers AMD's older 2600x and 2600 are selling almost the same number chips as the current entire Intel line up.

Back
Top Bottom