******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Considering they started out with ideas that people said couldn't be done, like fitting an entire planet inside a single sandbox, no load screens, they were ridiculed for it.

In 2015 they released this with some deserved pride.

A year later, a couple of months before the tech went live they moved from that to this.

About 6 moths ago the promised city planet is live.

I agree its taking too long, BUT, there is an enormous amount of tech in the game and despite what we can agree on there is a live game to be enjoyed, and some of us do.

Soldato
what exactly was the topic the posts were off? they were about star citizen, as per the thread. thread title doesn't specify gameplay etc, discussion of the games creation is just as valid, especially for those of us who gave them money.

Soldato
what exactly was the topic the posts were off? they were about star citizen, as per the thread. thread title doesn't specify gameplay etc, discussion of the games creation is just as valid, especially for those of us who gave them money.

* EDIT : Actually im not even going to bother commenting on our posts being deleted outside of the fact that they were all on topic and didn't warrant deleting. *

Soldato

Well people do not like to be pointed out that Chris Roberts scammed them even when something big like Forbes comes out pointing the obvious.

There is two whole new planets to explore and do missions on!!

If GTA can manage like 20hours worth of misisons in one city, what more a planet :)

LOL.

Soldato
Found the concierge moderator with buyers remorse.

Soldato
When the Hangar came out people were like: OMG, so much money and you can only look at that ship!
When other modules come out people were like: OMG, only that for so much money invested?
When updates are coming out people are like: OMG, so many years have past, just this?

Gamers, gamers never change :)

Also is hard to understand those who want this project to tank just because.

Soldato
When the Hangar came out people were like: OMG, so much money and you can only look at that ship!
When other modules come out people were like: OMG, only that for so much money invested?
When updates are coming out people are like: OMG, so many years have past, just this?

game was meant to launch in 2014.

Dont get me wrong games slip a little, even a few years but we are now 5 years past due and still no sign of the game launching. Game is meant to launch with 100 fully fleshed out systems in the game..... currently there are what, 3 or 4?

I dont blame players for losing faith, hell a lot of the backers may be dead or too old to play by the time it comes out. I tried to get a refund out of principle because certain key features were removed from the game that were key for me backing.... but I was told in no uncertain terms..... tough!.

Soldato
I totally get that some people were annoyed and disappointed that the goals of the game got extended so much. Back then there was a pole about this and the most wanted the extra features.

For 2014 I'm guessing was the original release date, without the extra stuff on. After that it should have been cleared for a lot of people that the release date would be: when it's done. Is not like they don't give updates on what they're doing, what's the status of the game, tech used, etc. That's just how things go when you do something big. I'd say about Cyberpunk and how much time it needed until it got out (when will be out), with an experienced studio and the engine quite up to the task, but it has been said so many times.

Again, I do understand the disappointment regarding the increased complexity of the project (although, considering no one else is doing something similar, I truly welcome it!), but to not understand that said complexity takes time and to want the game to fail just because, is beyond me. And then, of course, complain that games are all the same.

Soldato
I totally get that some people were annoyed and disappointed that the goals of the game got extended so much. Back then there was a pole about this and the most wanted the extra features.

For 2014 I'm guessing was the original release date, without the extra stuff on. After that it should have been cleared for a lot of people that the release date would be: when it's done. Is not like they don't give updates on what they're doing, what's the status of the game, tech used, etc. That's just how things go when you do something big. I'd say about Cyberpunk and how much time it needed until it got out (when will be out), with an experienced studio and the engine quite up to the task, but it has been said so many times.

Again, I do understand the disappointment regarding the increased complexity of the project (although, considering no one else is doing something similar, I truly welcome it!), but to not understand that said complexity takes time and to want the game to fail just because, is beyond me. And then, of course, complain that games are all the same.
no mans sky is similar mate and way bigger than this game

Soldato
game was meant to launch in 2014.

Dont get me wrong games slip a little, even a few years but we are now 5 years past due and still no sign of the game launching. Game is meant to launch with 100 fully fleshed out systems in the game..... currently there are what, 3 or 4?

I dont blame players for losing faith, hell a lot of the backers may be dead or too old to play by the time it comes out. I tried to get a refund out of principle because certain key features were removed from the game that were key for me backing.... but I was told in no uncertain terms..... tough!.

1 system with 2 planets and 1 moon. And do not forget the P2W elements started creeping into the game.
Because the new ships announced are P2W clearly.

Last edited:
Soldato

Also is hard to understand those who want this project to tank just because.

Hangar module came out in 2013-2014!!!!!! After $100 million had been taken in, including several million from AMD sponsorship for Mantle.
Ofc people complained in 2014 that in 2 years and $100 million having a hangar module is too poor.
And today with over $300 million spend and over 7 years in development is still shy of what should be with released since 2014, year after year. Now we are talking about 2022 and IF, they have money left to be completed. As it was on the last $14mn last year with $30 on salary liabilities only.

Also what other modules came out? The FPS module is shelved after been postponed three times to be released. SQ42 which was the initial idea, is now fragmented to gazillion DLCs as per current development plan.
And each DLC will cost as much as the full game.

Elite Dangerous is far bigger game with a tiny fraction of that budget. X4 with even smaller budget is better more playable game than Star Citizen SQ42 is after 7 years.

Do you remember Chris Roberts statements "all planets will be hand crafted not procedural generated"? And everyone was picking on ED and No Man's Sky for having "procedural generated planets"? Yet now SC will have procedural generated planet, none says anything.

I am software developer & analyst and after 22 years doing this job, having the experience to feel when a project isn't going to be done regardless if another $500million grow on trees.
Have seen such projects be run by companies like KPMG, burning millions to do a simple project and ending up with nothing resulting to client going bust.
Yet another company with just the good will, passion and ingenuity of a single developer did the job not in 1 but 3 deep mines without costing but it's normal salary.

Similarly we see this with SC against ED, No Man Sky and single player games like X4 and in some extent Subnautica as conceptually is similar game.
If Frontier or Egosoft had $100 mil funding to make a game, let alone $300 million, they could have done and dusted years ago with "Star Citizen".

And all is down to Chris Roberts with his renown and well recorded history of big failures.

Associate
Hangar module came out in 2013-2014!!!!!! After $100 million had been taken in, including several million from AMD sponsorship for Mantle.
Ofc people complained in 2014 that in 2 years and $100 million having a hangar module is too poor.
And today with over $300 million spend and over 7 years in development is still shy of what should be with released since 2014, year after year. Now we are talking about 2022 and IF, they have money left to be completed. As it was on the last $14mn last year with $30 on salary liabilities only.

Also what other modules came out? The FPS module is shelved after been postponed three times to be released. SQ42 which was the initial idea, is now fragmented to gazillion DLCs as per current development plan.
And each DLC will cost as much as the full game.

Elite Dangerous is far bigger game with a tiny fraction of that budget. X4 with even smaller budget is better more playable game than Star Citizen SQ42 is after 7 years.

Do you remember Chris Roberts statements "all planets will be hand crafted not procedural generated"? And everyone was picking on ED and No Man's Sky for having "procedural generated planets"? Yet now SC will have procedural generated planet, none says anything.

I am software developer & analyst and after 22 years doing this job, having the experience to feel when a project isn't going to be done regardless if another $500million grow on trees.
Have seen such projects be run by companies like KPMG, burning millions to do a simple project and ending up with nothing resulting to client going bust.
Yet another company with just the good will, passion and ingenuity of a single developer did the job not in 1 but 3 deep mines without costing but it's normal salary.

Similarly we see this with SC against ED, No Man Sky and single player games like X4 and in some extent Subnautica as conceptually is similar game.
If Frontier or Egosoft had $100 mil funding to make a game, let alone $300 million, they could have done and dusted years ago with "Star Citizen".

And all is down to Chris Roberts with his renown and well recorded history of big failures.

source.gif

Associate
What an awesome gif :)

I've paid my money to Chris and I'll wait to see what happens. I wanted something like Wing Commander but at least that itch has been scratched by Rebel Galaxy Outlaw. I also wanted something like Elite but Elite Dangerous scratched that itch too.I wanted fleet management but X4 did it for me :)

Not sure what itch is left for Star Citizen to fill. I really hope it succeeds though.

Soldato
I kickstarted for a 21st Century Wing Commander, w/ the FPS addition/expansion. if i'd known it was going to expand off into racing **** and sandworms etc etc, i'd never have bothered. This is a prime example of letting ****s on the internet colour your forward plans, if CR had stuck to his plan and only had polls on cosmetic things etc, everything would have been far healthier.

Associate
I kickstarted for a 21st Century Wing Commander, w/ the FPS addition/expansion. if i'd known it was going to expand off into racing **** and sandworms etc etc, i'd never have bothered. This is a prime example of letting ****s on the internet colour your forward plans, if CR had stuck to his plan and only had polls on cosmetic things etc, everything would have been far healthier.
This sums up my feelings about this game. I have a golden ticket for Star Citizen. I am in no way shape or form going to receive what was pitched to me. I have an account full and full of cosmetic stuff that someone has spent hours and hours developing that they released with each "milestone" and apology, its all pointless and will be of zero value/use to me in whatever the final product is.

Soldato
Kojima built a new studio and developed the most anticipated AAA game of 2019 in three years. According to some SC fans it takes 5 years just to build a studio. :D

Back
Top Bottom