• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Soldato
Err no. DXR Ray Tracing NOT the Nvidia proprietary RTX.
And it would be working on new Xbox with RT also.

It's funny how people shift the goal posts to still make it look like it's a Nvidia feature.
DXR is now being called RTX
Freesync monitors capable to work on Nvidia cards are being called Gsync monitors.

Soldato
It's funny how people shift the goal posts to still make it look like it's a Nvidia feature.
DXR is now being called RTX
Freesync monitors capable to work on Nvidia cards are being called Gsync monitors.

Don't start me on the latter. Dozens of Freesync 2 monitors out there don't have a single note on their eshop listings that are anything more than "gsync compatible". Same applied to TVs also!!!
Yet if you go open the pdf manual on the 4-5th page they have in a paragraph that are FS2 monitors. Even manufacturers (pointing fingers to Acer & LG) do that atm.

Is a big thread like that in reddit, damning eshops especially Amazon & Newegg listing the monitors and the culprits.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Don't start me on the latter. Dozens of Freesync 2 monitors out there don't have a single note on their eshop listings that are anything more than "gsync compatible". Same applied to TVs also!!!
Yet if you go open the pdf manual on the 4-5th page they have in a paragraph that are FS2 monitors. Even manufacturers (pointing fingers to Acer & LG) do that atm.

Is a big thread like that in reddit, damning eshops especially Amazon & Newegg listing the monitors and the culprits.
Once AMD has 75% or more of the market share (for a long time), that may change.

Soldato
Some VERY exciting news! Hoping we might see a strategy game featured.
“We’re cherry-picking some of the greatest titles from the past decades and bringing them into the ray tracing age. Thus, we’ll be giving them state-of-the-art visuals while keeping the gameplay that made them great. The NVIDIA Lightspeed Studios team is picking up the challenge starting with a title that you know and love but we can’t talk about here.”
https://www.dsogaming.com/news/nvid...er-classic-pc-games-with-ray-tracing-effects/

Man of Honour
Thief 2 remaster with RT and some updated levels to make better use of the visuals (i.e. replace some of the big blocky walls of rock and use proper vegetation in some of the levels) would be awesome. That said from what I recall making levels for the game was as much messing about in text definitions as doing any actual 3D design so probably not very easy to accomplish without moving the whole world pipeline to a new process and converting the existing levels over.

Soldato
Man of Honour
I never played Doom 3. So having that remastered with Ray Tracing would be epic! I'd definitely buy it to play

Doom 3 possibly a relatively easy one to do as well - the full source is released and the engine was breaking ground with stencil shadows and other techniques that are relatively discrete and doesn't have much in the way of hacked up baked GI effects, etc. that would have to be worked around.

Back
Top Bottom