• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Associate
COD might just be the worst DXR yet in a game its hard to even tell the difference here.

Oh Lordy that's a pretty dreadful result for the performance hit. I've yet to see a convincing example worth the performance penalty never mind the ludicrous price. Snake oil served cold with an enormous price tag!

bru

bru

Soldato
COD might just be the worst DXR yet in a game its hard to even tell the difference here.

Oh dear, now is that a testament to how good the non DXR version is or just how bad the DXR version is? totally agree it is very hard to notice the differences. Other than the FPS counter of course, which in the static moments the hit doesn't seem too bad then they start moving.:)

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Oh dear, now is that a testament to how good the non DXR version is or just how bad the DXR version is? totally agree it is very hard to notice the differences. Other than the FPS counter of course, which in the static moments the hit doesn't seem too bad then they start moving.:)
Just goes to show how the 2000 series is woefully under equipped that a lot of devs end up with such results. Lol.

Man of Honour
Meanwhile I quickly (unbelievably horrid hack job) knocked this together in Quake 2 RTX hah

WsgAgPb.jpg

Not sure I can be bothered to knock it up into a proper scene that shows off some of the rendering tech given the limits of the engine - but yeah these devs are slacking.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Couldn't resist having a bit more of a play - struggling to achieve what I wanted to do unfortunately with the limits of the Quake 2 engine but personally I can't wait until games are using this stuff.

zihm9eC.png

Permabanned
Couldn't resist having a bit more of a play - struggling to achieve what I wanted to do unfortunately with the limits of the Quake 2 engine but personally I can't wait until games are using this stuff.

zihm9eC.png

You can almost her the 'chug chug chug chug' ...

... of the FPS :D

Man of Honour
You can almost her the 'chug chug chug chug' ...

... of the FPS :D

Thing is while I can't really give it that "ray traced" look with the limits of the ancient engine that still underpins it and limited materials that are in the Quake 2 RTX library - everything in that scene is rendered using ray tracing techniques and on a Turing GPU it manages a bit more than 10 FPS heh.

Soldato
Playing Metro Exodus at 1440P with DLSS, Max RT, Max settings etc... and getting 88 FPS on a single 2080 Ti at stock clocks, Not bad considering the game is gorgeous to look at and DLSS is really well done in this title, I don't understand all the hate and bile that people are throwing at it.

Oc12zHG.jpg.png

Caporegime
Soldato
Someone want to tell Nvidia RTX only works on SP and Gun mode 2v2 lol

They just had to release a public apology other day for posting Red Dead 2 screenshots with RTX on them
Game has no DxR

O dear, when found out they posted a rubbish cover up
https://twitter.com/NVIDIAGeForce/status/1189608344211738625?s=19

Om sure average Joe only sees the logo which reinforces the mindshare. The "mistake" may seem small to some but this is no mistake just pr/marketing taking a cheap and dirty low blow.

Soldato
Om sure average Joe only sees the logo which reinforces the mindshare. The "mistake" may seem small to some but this is no mistake just pr/marketing taking a cheap and dirty low blow.

1000% Nvidia knows dam well RTX isn't in the full online but will just say its RTX 20 series lol
We all know RTX stands for and it's not the line up.

It's win, win either way and can easy get out of it when caught out.
Again it's clever mind share and it's shady when you see it from the other side.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
It's within that link or it's not like sorry or anything it's more of a correction from being caught out.
It's nvidia doing what Nvidia does clever but very shady.

Blast RTX everywhere
You know what is going to be funny? When this game comes out and ends up looking better than any other game that has RTX. Lol.

Back
Top Bottom