1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

really getting fed up with the posts stating RTX/DLSS does not work this gen

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by sunshinewelly, Aug 16, 2019.

1. CuriousTomCat

Hitman

There's two sides to it though. It's wrong to skimp for the sake of fun/happiness, I'd never do that. However, if you have too much fun when you're young, you'll have no fun when you retire and have to rely on a state pension. That's the way I look at it. I like to find a happy medium so I can have moderate fun now as well as moderate fun when I retire.

I know people who never save money. If they have £20 left over before payday, they'll go shopping so it's not wasted. They say stuff like "life's too short, I could get hit by a car tomorrow".

2. ljt

Mobster

I'm afraid I hate debt so my priorities are to be debt free as quick as possible and by debt I basically mean mortgage.

I get far more pleasure saving that spending, unless that spending is paying off debt, then it's a great feeling. I basically don't want to be reliant on having to work to keep a roof over my head. So until that time I will scrutinise every unnecessary purchase. I won't go into any more debt to buy material things, so unless I can afford something outright then I don't purchase it. It's why I have kept my car for 10 years, I won't go into debt for another one, and thankfully I don't use it that much, so it doesn't cost much in wear and tear either.

Ideally I want to be mortgage free by 45, so I can go part time and not have to worry about never having a roof over my head, that gives me far more pleasure than any material purchase like cars, pc parts, holidays etc.

3. TNA

Capodecina

Sounds good to me. Still worth setting a little aside as disposable income though imo.

4. ljt

Mobster

Yeah I do have a savings pot for luxuries but the other pots have higher priority when it comes to topping them up

5. TNA

Capodecina

I see, same as me then :D

6. Treetops422

Associate

Digital foundry tried to justify RT on a below 720p crt monitor lol. shill or fool?

7. Nasher

Capodecina

Both.

8. TNA

Capodecina

:D

9. Grim5

Wise Guy

they don't shill. Unless everyone pays them cause they have said nice things at one point in time for everyone including nvidia AMDMicrosoft Sony Nintendo etc.

If you've watched DF for a while you'll know they have some "interesting" tastes.

for example they swear by motion blur, something most gamers hate. And most recently they've got hold of a old crt tv screen and been testing it out and saying it's better than a lcd screen.

I disagree with their assessment but it's funny as hell to see them jam games in a CRT. The Ray Tracing thing has nothing to do with it, they've had the screen for a while now, they didn't get it just to suggest everyone should play rayvtracing on a crt tv.but don't get wrong, LCD screens are all junk but that's besides the point, I still wouldn't use a crt.

10. Treetops422

Associate

They bought a 1440p crtv thats only place in gaming would be competitive multiplayer gaming. Ran it at sub 720p levels on only RT single player games. They failed at every level. They were like "dir you can play at sub 720p and get great response times then use RT, dir" at least that's how I heard it.

11. TNA

Capodecina

There was a guy on this forum that pretty much showed how biased they are, forgot who it was. I do not trust them personally, not that I fully trust any source. I just take data from many difference sources and come to my own conclusion.

12. Hades

Capodecina

Keep it up man. It's worth it. Well done!

13. Grim5

Wise Guy

Any link to the post? Keen to read

14. TNA

Capodecina

I think it was this post:

Maybe you can ask Razor to go into more detail.

15. Bluntwrapped

Mobster

Some people would sell their granny down the river for Nvidia's latest iteration then try and justify it after saying "she was just sitting there doing nothing.."

If you have extra money to spend on a hobby great, but don't compromise your own principles then turn things around into the title of this thread.

If something seems too good to be true and you're naive enough to believe and buy into it, own it.

16. Th0nt

Soldato

I cant believe there's 30 pages of this..

17. EastCoastHandle

Hitman

I was thinking the same thing.

18. Panos

Capodecina

:D

19. Panos

Capodecina

Tbh for completely different reasons I am with them. Shame cannot find a good flat CRT monitor to play my old games tbh, though need a second desk as the IKEA standing desk won't take the weight :D

Last edited: Oct 2, 2019
  20. Grim5

Wise Guy

Heck despite the drawbacks there are still tons of people who refuse to use anything but plasma screens even in 2019