ATX in Silverstone's ITX RVZ 03- ***full water and dual 240's ??

Soldato
Is the little munchkin box of tricks not playing ball?

I can't wait for b550s for son's build as they're taking a frikkin' age - so he's definitely getting the MAX (more than suffice). But as i may have to wait to play with new tech i'm still looking at a discrete toy for the lounge - but would defiantly want a solid power plan. A peculiarity with the board - or having a play with settings?

its the first subjection under Hardware im banned from, upgrade and spec's or what ever its called
Banned from a whole sub forum - way to go.

Can't help but feel they've shot themselves in the foot - regardless of your extra nuanced advice - it was all solid/experienced advice and always delivered courteously and made OcUK look good. With you permi-banned, me AWOL until caught up with work and i'm presuming @tamzzy maybe waving his solidarity flag - that explains the the forum's new look/names.

Having said that - nothing has really changed for budgets we mainly deal with and i doubt many EPYC builds appear to break the monotony - and as for INTEL...

Soldato
OP
@Plec will be interesting for Intel x299x boards and CPU,s since per core they are priced better then z390 9th gens - but if resellers will actually sell them at face value... hard to be seen. Pricing of x299x to TRX40 boards will be like B450 entry to X570 Mainstream flagships (£90 vs £300 - but then triple it haha). Intel could strike or at least stop marketshare loss with being a lot cheaper! in theory along with 2133hz

Banned? Who got banned? And for what?
me :D

Soldato
What in the Blue Hell did you say to get banned from that sub forum?
There will be a themed list - but all under the same guise of "These items can be bought cheaper elsewhere" - but all (un)subtly disguised within the build advice.

As mentioned the goodwill and advice he gave always outweighed any faux pas regarding forum/competitors - they may be persuaded to change their minds as the forum won't have the diversity of opinion as Orbi was an INTEL shill :D (joke about occasional 9700k builds - although they did/do have merit but still fun to take the ****)

Man of Honour
tried custom powerplan on your ITX yet ?
I've seen that but no. Reason is that it basically puts all the workload onto the best cores.
So whilst yes, it will be more power efficient and also give better clock speeds, it is unknown whether this will cause the silicon of the good cores to degrade over time (currently the d power plan balances the loads between all cores)

@tamzzy maybe waving his solidarity flag - that explains the the forum's new look/names
Haha yeah. I'll only stick my nose in if I'm called specifically. Or just give generic advice

Soldato
There will be a themed list - but all under the same guise of "These items can be bought cheaper elsewhere" - but all (un)subtly disguised within the build advice.
Jesus wept, and yet 4K8K and dg can continue their whinging unabated? I'm half-tempted to just vacate once I've finished my build log. Beyond a joke now.

But anyway, back to the Raven gloriousness.

Soldato
OP
What in the Blue Hell did you say to get banned from that sub forum?

pretty much as @Plec summed up haha

aye- someone has to push the Intel so to push ryzen spec's along reason behind it :)

least OCUK finally got Micron E ram @tamzzy :) bit slow behind their German owners though .

looking forward to getting this build at least in a running state ! not going to be to pushing but to get a 240 water loop , atx board an triple slot GPU into 14-15ltr console case = a happy bunny :D

would love to push Silverstone into making newer version of this case to take on likes of Sliger and custom SFF cases that cost 4 times as much!

Soldato
OP
reasons why to triple check placement. could have and should have dropped the bottom grill by 10-15mm , but least the GPU is exposed and should be supplied with some nice clean air !
Also moved 10mm to the left as well - lessons learnt (also dont cut in work clothes , ended up stinking out the office smelling of burnt metal)

some rough cuts and a little bit lazy to fully polish off the cuts so..... silverstones 140mm and 120mm will be sandwiched between the Grill and the panel . Should hide the cuts and the boards of the filter is quite thick so one of the reasons why the cut hasn't been to the grill vent limits , plus it keeps panels rigidity a bit higher

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £16.10 (includes shipping: £4.66)

Slb9iFs.jpg
vcO45jb.jpg
eAH9UiW.jpg
0I1zqZs.jpg

Soldato
OP
Starting to plumb the water setup but hit a slight snag - but heres some nice snaps

p6ipOre.jpg

tqZBm3B.jpg

rplz3Ab.jpg

aorus 2080 will breathe!

SwJdny6.jpg

@tamzzy

hot a snag ! im 3mm too taller with the Silent Loop version of Alphacools Eisbaer LT , since the ports are at the top . would have worked if fans were in push and not pull config but then I cant get the Rad ports plumbed in... so... LT needs to be ordered !!!!

My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £74.99 (includes shipping: £0.00)

annoying is can get alphacool on trade but £10 delivery over 3 days and min order value with delivery has to be £66 odd... =/

lodckh6.jpg

AEE0taj.jpg

these are 11/8mm fittings. 13/10 i normally use should be fine as well (10 inner diameter matches the g1/4 bore size )

BmYPxpB.jpg

OkdxQyI.jpg

mmm wondering if a full 25mm silent wing 3 fan can replace the left 15mm silverstone fan...

@Plec couldnt resist a cheeky email to alphacool, see if i could grab an eisbaer LT off them and.... aorus GPU block... figured that in theory, with 4mm to spare could slap on a 25mm GPU block and another XSPC 240/20.5mm rad with another 2x (120x15mm) silverstone fans for a fuller watercooled system, with 480 rad space in 16 litres!

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
No money shot!

Well, you've 'edged ' us this far we can hold on for another day or so :p

More importantly, will it pass wifey approval when all the finer aesthetics are ironed out?

@tamzzy

kcHBOgc.jpg

3xMmFRy.jpg

ST5oF1h.jpg

few self notes. GPU warms up quickly. slightly solved with Turning Nvidia power plan to adaptive form Max power . Also hoping with dual 120's and 92mm at the bottom the Positive pressure will exhaust hot air out quickly !

Plec I think it still might end up hidden away! doesn't help its black but not white but can't complain as it was sponsored :)

Got a crazy urge to......... WATER COOL the GPU and add ANOTHER 240mm slim XSPC rad in !!! Current the height of the Shroud is 55mm. Id say there's 6mm gap between the shroud and the case panel . The rad is 20.5mm thick, fan is 15mm and then slimmest GPU block is 19mm from Phanteks .

(55+6)- (20.5-15-19)=5.0-6.5mm clearence

Back
Top Bottom