Red Dead Redemption 2

Soldato
Spent most of yesterday just hunting. Was quite happy when an Eagle dropped a rattlesnake right in front of me (dead). Was a perfect skin too.
Happened somewhere near Strawberry.

Associate
I spent almost 3 hours last night looking for something in a certain area, only to find out it's not in game until I do a specific mission :D

Those 3 hours flew by as I was taking in the scenery and adding many pelts to the back of my horse.

Associate
I spent almost 3 hours last night looking for something in a certain area, only to find out it's not in game until I do a specific mission :D

Those 3 hours flew by as I was taking in the scenery and adding many pelts to the back of my horse.

I spent 4 hours getting a 3 star badger, I have now found a tree which one spawns every few nights, although not always a 3 star.

Associate
For anyone using Vulcan with a gsync monitor make sure you update to the latest Nvidia driver as it appears that when using Vulcan and vsync is off in game it doesn’t enable gsync. I’ve just tested it and it’s much better with the latest driver runs much smoother. Just getting wired issue on the menu when paused but game defo running better for me now.

edit: seems like this issue with the pause menu happens in game as well.. just fishing and all the screen went purple.. game running but everything one colour also when pausing the game you lose half of the screen!!

edit 2: rolling back driver!! It’s causing issues which is a shame!

Last edited:
Associate
mine is still freezing, was a little better with an older driver, re-tried the latest Nvidia driver and its worse again freezing more often and for a longer time, also I am getting white blocks down the right hand edge sometimes, I will have to revert to an earlier driver again, I wonder if they are going to release a new patch, Rockstar seems to be quiet at the moment

Man of Honour
Spent most of yesterday just hunting. Was quite happy when an Eagle dropped a rattlesnake right in front of me (dead). Was a perfect skin too.
Happened somewhere near Strawberry.

I spend loads of time in online just hunting, I've become at expert at catching animals with the lasso to get Perfect skins :)

Associate
mine is still freezing, was a little better with an older driver, re-tried the latest Nvidia driver and its worse again freezing more often and for a longer time, also I am getting white blocks down the right hand edge sometimes, I will have to revert to an earlier driver again, I wonder if they are going to release a new patch, Rockstar seems to be quiet at the moment
are you running it with dx12, vulcan api is more stable

Man of Honour
Got the fishing rod last night after ranking up but we were too busy hunting for me to try it out. Hoping it's something you can zone out and play peacefully.

Its actually pretty in depth, most games fishing is nothing more than clicking to cast and then clicking to catch the fish, the fishing in this though is more detailed with you having to cast, hook the fish and then reel in, reel out, let the fish run, hold the spool position, all at the right times. It can be a real fight to land the bigger fish without the fish getting away or the spool breaking

Soldato
Its actually pretty in depth, most games fishing is nothing more than clicking to cast and then clicking to catch the fish, the fishing in this though is more detailed with you having to cast, hook the fish and then reel in, reel out, let the fish run, hold the spool position, all at the right times. It can be a real fight to land the bigger fish without the fish getting away or the spool breaking

Will try it when I get time, that system sounds more like bass fishing I had back on the Dreamcast with the fishing rod.

Soldato
For a new horse as soon as possible from Valentine stables.
I don't know if its a random choice of what is available but it was free and much better than the starting horse.

Back
Top Bottom