LG OLED C9 as a PC monitor - Yes, I'm crazy, Yes time to get some burn in.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Haha. Half the fun can be in the anticipation :D

How much of that $900 was state tax? Just trying to work out how much it is so I can slap on 20% VAT (Value Added Tax) here and work out how much I should be paying here in the UK.
It gives me a rough enough idea. If they can sell it at a profit over there at a certain price that is lower than here it means they can do it here and will do eventually. I am even happy to wait another 4-5 months if I have to. I know the B8 went as low as £850 before the B9 showed up.

Everyone thinks differently, but if I can get it for £900-£1000 it means I saved over £1000 vs launch price (according to camel camel). That’s more money to spend on something else. It will pay for my PS5 and RTX 3070 ;)

People all laughed when I suggested these would be this price when I mentioned it in the Alienware OLED thread. The Alienware one is a waste of money imo.

Soldato
OP
Also to everyone that has got the LG OLEd.. do you guys see what i mean now compared to any PC LCD monitor?

People can prance around with their crappy LG 38' ultrawide or 34'' ultrawide FALDs or CRG9s.. but they all look PATHETIC next to these!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Oh no lol! I'll buy it and keep it. Its directly from samsung. Using NHS discount 25% off so if they blackfriday the 75'' to say £3,000 then it looks like a steal
Was not judging. Just sounded like a funny thing to say :p

But be careful man, you may not be able to live with QLED after having OLED. Once the impressiviness of sheer size of the TV wears of you might be left wanting.

Not saying it will happen, but maybe.

Caporegime
Also to everyone that has got the LG OLEd.. do you guys see what i mean now compared to any PC LCD monitor?

People can prance around with their crappy LG 38' ultrawide or 34'' ultrawide FALDs or CRG9s.. but they all look PATHETIC next to these!

Been saying this for the past 3+ years :p

For the people looking at OLED TVs, if the B/C 9 drops to £1200 or less, just buy it, no point waiting around as it isn't going to drop that much more and you'll just be playing the waiting game when the next models get announced, rinse and repeat.

Unlike the LCD monitors, these OLED TVs are actually worth the ££££.

Caporegime
For the people looking at OLED TVs, if the B/C 9 drops to £1200 or less, just buy it, no point waiting around as it isn't going to drop that much more and you'll just be playing the waiting game when the next models get announced, rinse and repeat.

£1049 is the best I've seen so far for the B9, that's with 5yr warranty.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Been saying this for the past 3+ years :p

Unlike the LCD monitors, these OLED TVs are actually worth the ££££.
Lol. If I did that I would have had to pay 2K for the years model on release. Yea no thanks. That's mental.

I have been happy to wait for 120HZ 4K VRR OLED TV. Now we have that I wait for it to drop to under a grand. With the money saved I will get a PS5 and RTX 3070 ;)

Caporegime
£1049 is the best I've seen so far for the B9, that's with 5yr warranty.

Great price that!

In the grand scheme of things, when spending ££££, an extra hundred or 2 isn't that much really.

Lol. If I did that I would have had to pay 2K for the years model on release. Yea no thanks. That's mental.

I have been happy to wait for 120HZ 4K VRR OLED TV. Now we have that I wait for it to drop to under a grand. With the money saved I will get a PS5 and RTX 3070 ;)

Well there's bit of a difference between 1k and 2k.... :p

How long have you been saying about getting an OLED now? :D Wait till you see, next gen oleds info. will be announced or leaked soon enough and then you'll be waiting for them to be released and waiting for them to drop in price instead, and there goes another year where you could have been enjoying OLED goodness :D :p ;)

Associate
just saying a prayer for everyone who owns a 2080ti and isn't gaming an an OLED.. what a waste of cash.

My thoughts exactly. There’s no point spending a wad of cash on a 2080ti, if you’re not going to push it by pairing it with a next gen display.

“Monitors” right now are a terrible waste of money. It hasn’t always been this way and perhaps monitors will -once again- catch up; but the situation we’re in now is that monitor tech is severely lagging behind consumer TV tech (even FALD; but especially OLED).

I’m using OLEDs for all my gaming needs across PC and console.

Last edited:

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Great price that!

In the grand scheme of things, when spending ££££, an extra hundred or 2 isn't that much really.

Well there's bit of a difference between 1k and 2k.... :p

How long have you been saying about getting an OLED now? :D Wait till you see, next gen oleds info. will be announced or leaked soon enough and then you'll be waiting for them to be released and waiting for them to drop in price instead, and there goes another year where you could have been enjoying OLED goodness :D :p ;)
I have always said I would wait for 2019 models with HDMI 2.1 and then buy one once they drop in price which is what is staring to happen, so not been waiting any longer than I anticipated ;)

Guessing it should have looked more like this :D

N7Jxm8y.png
Yep. Haha.

Soldato
just saying a prayer for everyone who owns a 2080ti and isn't gaming an an OLED.. what a waste of cash.

Depends on what you want I guess. Do love my OLED, but it hasn’t replaced everything. Still probably game more on my monitor due to high refresh rate and K+M.

There was a time some years ago when I had a 32” 1080p tv which was £150. I couldn’t care less at the time for picture quality although even compared to my OLED it wasn’t half bad. I enjoyed what I was watching/playing vs what I was playing it on. I miss that.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Depends on what you want I guess. Do love my OLED, but it hasn’t replaced everything. Still probably game more on my monitor due to high refresh rate and K+M.

There was a time some years ago when I had a 32” 1080p tv which was £150. I couldn’t care less at the time for picture quality although even compared to my OLED it wasn’t half bad. I enjoyed what I was watching/playing vs what I was playing it on. I miss that.

yeah but if ur gaming on a couple of 1080p tvs.. why waste money on a 2080ti..

dont get me wrong.. my best gaming moment of this year has been final fantasy tactics on my psp. graphics arent the be all and end all but i struggle to understand why people budget for a 2080ti and smack it with a disgusting screen.

Back
Top Bottom