What Retro Games Are You Currently Playing?

Soldato
Haha, I must warn you, we take it pretty seriously :)
Some of my fondest memories biking across town with a couple of n64 controllers in my pockets, off to a mates or my cousins for some 4 player goldeneye/mariokart.

I entered into the goldeneye tourney at retro revival a few years back and came 2nd :D

Its so funny watcching the younger generation struggle with the controls.

Associate
Some of my fondest memories biking across town with a couple of n64 controllers in my pockets, off to a mates or my cousins for some 4 player goldeneye/mariokart.

I entered into the goldeneye tourney at retro revival a few years back and came 2nd :D

Well done on the 2nd place. I'd love to enter one of those tournies.

As a kid, we always used to say that you're not allowed to look at each other's screen, even though we all would. Nowadays, we try to hide our location by hugging and looking at walls. All the tactics come out.

Associate

Well done on the 2nd place. I'd love to enter one of those tournies.

As a kid, we always used to say that you're not allowed to look at each other's screen, even though we all would. Nowadays, we try to hide our location by hugging and looking at walls. All the tactics come out.

Wow it sounds like you both were mirroring exactly what it was like with me and my friends. We got so good that if you kill someone and run quick enough you can catch them at the next spawn point. So you would be constantly looking where people spawned and if the died you could get to the nest spawn point and kill them lol.

We used to play 2 x 4 N64's in my garage at my parents and I'd have 7 friends over with my brother and we would have the winner of the lower skilled players swap with the looser of the higher skilled players!

Looking back I can see why my mum complained about the electric bills haha.

So much is lost now people can play online and not have to play all in the same room, or garage!!

Fun times and we did Mario Kart as well. Plus snowboarding kids and a few others.

Associate
Wow it sounds like you both were mirroring exactly what it was like with me and my friends. We got so good that if you kill someone and run quick enough you can catch them at the next spawn point. So you would be constantly looking where people spawned and if the died you could get to the nest spawn point and kill them lol.

We used to play 2 x 4 N64's in my garage at my parents and I'd have 7 friends over with my brother and we would have the winner of the lower skilled players swap with the looser of the higher skilled players!

Looking back I can see why my mum complained about the electric bills haha.

So much is lost now people can play online and not have to play all in the same room, or garage!!

Fun times and we did Mario Kart as well. Plus snowboarding kids and a few others.

Yeah, there's something special about all being in the same room enjoying a game, rather than on voice comms. Plus you get to see the anger in people's faces as you spawn camp them :D

Ah I forgot all about Snowboarding Kids. Such a great game!

Soldato
Come on @LewisRaz why aren't you playing SC2K!
Oh I have wanted to! but I got AOE2 DE for Xmas from the mrs and so did my brothers so the free time we have had to far has gone on that!
Got all of next week off tho so will be spending some good time on the windows 95 machine :)
Got deeper dungeons expansion for dungeon keeoer in the big box from my mother for xmas too.

Been really debating on this: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vintage-...rentrq:4c63d8fe16f0aa166f8a6042ffa6faaa|iid:1

But the rust around the serial ports and general rusty appearance is putting me off. The slocket is also apparently not one of the desirable versions. But still a P2 would complete my pentium generations! Just do not want to fork out money and be left with a project I cant complete.

Soldato
That looks to be a great board for Pentium 3 support - it looks like it can support (some) Tualatin CPUs. It's more fast P3 than Pentium 2, and might end up going for silly money! Obviously you can stick a P2 in there but it might be a bit wasted. I can't tell from the photo whether it has a SECC or SECC 2 brackets on the CPU slot - I would get SECC2 as it has a S370 mounting bracket, which are are later on in Slot 1's life.

If you pick up a slow / old Slot 1 board, put a Deschutes Pentium 2 400MHz or so in there, it won't need a fan making for a silent PC.

Man of Honour
Not today, but just before Christmas I ended up in Retro Replay in Norwich for a few hours....

https://www.retro-replay.games/

They're adding new things pretty regularly, so looking forward to going back. £10 to get in and all the machines are set to freeplay. Arcade machines mainly upstairs, old consoles downstairs. Played 4 player Mario Kart Double Dash on the gamecube on a projector. Was really good fun.

But... they have Time Crisis 2... :D And in honour of Uncle Menski.... I entered the bum. ;)

EMfehkiWwAAjiSi.jpg

Soldato
OP
I've been having a dabble on various games while I await the new MotoGP game.

GP-1: Part ll (SNES)
MotoGP (GameBoy)
Ayrton Senna's Super Monaco GP ll (MegaDrive)

I've also been looking at some FIFA games to see which I'm liking the best. After trying out 2002, 2003 and 2005 (all PSOne), I've decided my favourite out of these was actually FIFA 2002, so I've started a season with Liverpool.

Had a little blast of This is Football 2002 and 2003 (PS2) and just started playing the game Dark Angel (PS2).

I'm looking at more PS2 games though, so if you have any recommendations, shoot them my way!

Associate
Ive started Mario Land 2 : 6 Gold Coins again and have also got out TMNT on the Nes with the aim of finally beating it as i never did as a kid.

@Spacedeck PES is where its at for PS2 football games! what other games are you into? GTA Vice City and San Andreas, God of War, Metal Gear Soild 3, ICO are all worth a go.

Associate
Not particularly 'retro' as such but STALKER Shadow of Chernobyl, released in 2007 with the complete 2009 mod. Really good. I don't think many games have the atmosphere of this series.

Man of Honour
Just been playing Theme Hospital on a Pi3 based emulation system after playing Two Point Hospital last week for the first time.

So similar. Not surprising given some of the team worked on both. Both still fantastic games. :D

Back
Top Bottom