Police dealing with incident on London Bridge amid reports of shots fired

Soldato
You implied that, your prejudice was clear for all to see.

Maybe some of you who are using this horrific attack to further your racist/anti immigrant agenda should take not of what the father said about Jack:

63HHsuZ.png

Or maybe from Jack himself:

RUvz3mb.png

Sounds like we lost a loving, kind and compassionate soul. RIP Jack

Soldato
You implied that, your prejudice was clear for all to see.

Maybe some of you who are using this horrific attack to further your racist/anti immigrant agenda should take not of what the father said about Jack:

63HHsuZ.png

Or maybe from Jack himself:

RUvz3mb.png

Sounds like we lost a loving, kind and compassionate soul. RIP Jack

Sadly all it proves is what most people realise and that's some are not possible to be turned around and reintegrated.

Soldato
@Greebo @dowie give it a sodding rest. Page after page of your playground bickering. Two people are dead and all you two can do is behave like morons. If neither of you have anything useful or sensible to say, which seems to be the case so far, the say nothing at all. You'll both appear far more intelligent.

Show some respect and shut up.

Soldato
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news...ker-had-asked-for-help-to-deradicalise-lawyer
The London Bridge attacker had asked for help to be deradicalised while he was in prison, but none was forthcoming, his solicitor has claimed.

Vajahat Sharif told the Guardian Usman Khan had come to realise that violent extremism was wrong and accepted his understanding of Islam was deficient.

Khan was one of nine members of an al-Qaida-inspired terrorist group convicted in 2012 of plotting to bomb the London Stock Exchange and build a terrorist training camp in Pakistan that was disrupted by MI5 and the police. He was also a supporter of al-Muhijaroun, the extremist group with which scores of terrorists were involved. However, Sharif said Khan became disillusioned with the group after his imprisonment, and that extremists may have targeted him to be “re-groomed” after release from jail, with devastating consequences.

He said Khan first mentioned wanting to be free of Islamist extremism after his conviction in 2012, and then repeatedly throughout his time in jail, last mentioning it in 2018 before his release.

“He requested intervention by a deradicaliser when he was in prison,” Sharif said. “The only option was the probation service and they cannot deal with these offenders. He asked me on the phone to get assistance from a specific deradicaliser.

“He asked [me] once or twice before he was released in 2018. Probation do a good job with conventional offenders but they can’t deal with ideological offenders.”

Khan, 28, killed two people and injured three others before being shot dead by police during a stabbing rampage at London Bridge on Friday afternoon. After his conviction in 2012 he was given an indeterminate jail sentence, with a minimum term of eight years. On appeal in 2013, it was replaced with a 16-year, fixed-term sentence and an extended period on licence.

Sharif said Khan, whom he last spoke to in March, was released to a bail hostel from where he had to report to a police station every day, had interactions with the probation service and had to wear a tag.

“In prison he begin to realise his Islamic thinking was not correct; he accepted that. He criticised the al-Qaida ideology and violent extremism. He did recognise that his Islamic understanding was incomplete. A lot of these characters pick and choose from different sermons, it’s like an echo chamber.”

Sharif said the policy for terrorist prisoners needed to change to boost efforts to turn them away from supporting ideologies that incite violence: “There is a flaw in the policy. You should have substantial ideological evaluation of these individuals before they are released on licence.”

Sharif said Khan appeared to be rehabilitated and was a model prisoner during his time in HMP Whitemoor: “He was having a go at Isis before his release. I’ve no idea what happened after his release, that is what is shocking. Maybe he was not ideologically robust enough to resist the radicalising groomers – I thought he was a reformed character.”

Soldato
I don’t have much to add but I feel the Polish tusk guy and the plain clothes copper should be given the George Cross for their actions.

The convicted murderer, despite his unforgivable crime should also be recognised but no awards. He may be rehabilitated he may not but, his actions quite possible helped stop any other deaths/injuries. I’ve heard some news reports the terrorist announced he had a suicide vest in fishmongers hall, it makes sense he would as it may deter people trying to apprehend him. If that it the case then the it makes the actions of the murderer and Narwal tusk warrior even more exceptional and deserving of recognition.

The willingness of people to politicise this event does disappoint me though, questions need to be asked of course but attacks such as these I suspect could happen regardless of funding or political climate.

Last edited:
Soldato
I love the fact that this ISIS coward was brought down by a couple of members of the general public armed with those well known offensive weapons of a fire extinguisher and a 5 foot Narwhal tusk!!!

Those guys were obviously not terrorised by him and gave him a good dose of decency/bravery and care for their fellow citizens, amazing.

Soldato

What obvious nonsence he told the authorities what he thought they needed to hear to secure his release nothing more nothing less

He said Khan first mentioned wanting to be free of Islamist extremism after his conviction in 2012, and then repeatedly throughout his time in jail, last mentioning it in 2018 before his release.

Changing one's views as I have said before is something that needs to be accomplished internally other people can help and may provide the questions to start the process but the idea that someone who apparently has realised their ideology is deficient needs someone to hold their hands so they don't go out and get all stabby in the name of said ideology is risible.

Soldato
Do you want a big shoe horn and some straws to go with all the grasping and jamming of extremities into footwear?

What narrative are you on about? I'm sure plenty of ardent Brexiteers actually have a fair amount of admiration for the poles as a people for the stoicism and bravery many have shown and for the refusal from many of their leaders to accept the EU's attempts to foist unwanted migrants on them.

Its not at all incongruent to respect and admire the Polish people in general and not want the UK to remain in the EU and not to want the accompanying free movement that goes with it.
Actually, on reflection, you're right.

I think it was me projecting, and the "narrative" was the wrong assumption I made that it was "So British that this guy was taken down by plucky Brits with a narwhal tusk and a fire extinguisher."

Soldato
This scumbags execution was glorious to watch on Twitter....its just a shame he killed two people before it happened.
As for the whole release issue, its clear Priti Patel can not be trusted, shes mouthing on Twitter to labour about policies that are flat out lies! Pretty gross.

vuPz13C.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Corbyn didn't need to be mentioned in this particular thread at all, but some people just can't help it. I don't even like him but can see what a joke it is.

I actually think it's really pertinent given this is a real and present threat. We need confidence that a new government can deal with it, so it's legitimate debate IMO.

Soldato
Must be bloody awful for that girls family to see their daughters murderer be lauded as a hero.

There's got to be the opportunity for turning over a new leaf though too and in this instance you couldn't have more of an example of two individuals at polar opposites. Just goes to show in the heat of the moment someone with a bad past can instinctively know not only a right course of action but a very brave one too. I don't think it detracts from his earlier conviction it just goes to show someone needn't not change because of their past.

Back
Top Bottom