• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Soldato
Should be Sunday i think.

Dont get my hopes up! :D

It shall be Monday, Saturday is a premium additional charge service. But it can also depend on DPD and the area.

Cool thanks, lets hope they're in my area tomorrow. Maybe my lazy ass should have gone to the shop, i'm only 15-20 mins away :D

Edit.. Funnily enough, i just had the 'Your order has been shipped' email. :cool:

Associate

Cool thanks, lets hope they're in my area tomorrow. Maybe my lazy ass should have gone to the shop, i'm only 15-20 mins away :D

Edit.. Funnily enough, i just had the 'Your order has been shipped' email. :cool:

It will be Monday me thinks.
Keep an eye on the tracking, their might be a small window where you can upgrade it to Saturday, but probably not, at this time of year...
Me thinks DPD will be quite busy tomorrow :p

Soldato
It will be Monday me thinks.
Keep an eye on the tracking, their might be a small window where you can upgrade it to Saturday, but probably not, at this time of year...
Me thinks DPD will be quite busy tomorrow :p

Yea they deffo will be busy alright, if they land in my area theres a chance but i know most parts come from Birmingham so i can only hope i get lucky :)

Caporegime

DPD definitely deliver on a Sunday dude. Check with your local depot, could get it Sunday. I've had stuff arrive on Sunday from them.

Soldato
DPD do definitely delivery on Sundays though this is normally due to an arrangement with the etailer. As Gibbo mentioned even their Saturday service is a premium service that you have to pay extra for. I would expect it on Monday as he states, any time before would be a bonus.

Last edited:
Associate
What do you guys idle and load temps look like at stock?

I have a Gigabyte X570 I Auros Pro WiFi ITX motherboard, 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz and a Ryzen 9 3900X in a Sharkoon QB One ITX case and it's cooled by a Corsair H100X 240mm AIO with 2x Noctua NF-A12x25 fans pulling air out of the radiator, and a small Noctua R8 PWM 80mm side intake fan. Max load running AIDA64 CPU/FPU/CACHE stress test it sits around 85~87°c (running for 30min), and the fans and pump run at max (2000rpm fans and 4000rpm pump). Idle it sits around 33°c when no activity. During Blender work it runs around 72°c, Cinebench R20 around 68°c and gaming like World of Tanks around 55~60°c.

While I am happy with the 3900X I will be getting a 3950X also.

Associate
What do you guys idle and load temps look like at stock?

Idle is around 30 degrees, gaming 50s and synthetic benchmarks peak at 80 degrees... no idea if that's good on a noctua d14, but my case is the fractal define C which is small as I wanted something close to mATX.

Vrms never been above 46 degrees, GPU sits at 42 degrees gaming at 99-100% load.

My case fans are probably setup totally wrong though, as I have the 240mm read for my GPU front mounted pushing air out, x2 120mm fans pushing air out at the top ans the rear as my intake to draw directly over the vrms and through the CPU.

Soldato
Well shucky ducky quack quack, guess who just rolled up with a 3900X at my door :D :D DPD baby!

Will have a brew and let my PC warm up before switching the 2700X to the 3900X :p

Gona be a busy weekend playing with this new chip :D

People do it on the MM all the time but only there. ;)

Yea i sold on there last time, was curious if anything changed and if they made it difficult to transfer games.. will see how it goes anyway, cheers :)

Soldato
Ok so 3900X is in, got it running stock with just RAM changed to XMP and case fan speeds altered for my ears :p

Any tips for me guys? So far i have seen boost clocks to 4550Mhz in HWInfo, seems to be hitting that in a few apps i have tested so far. Am i good for leaving things as they are for a while until i read up on the BIOS settings as there is stuff in there that i have no clue what they do coming from a 2700X :)

Temps hitting high 60's in CPU-Z Bench, low 30's for idle temps.

Oh and volts are nearing 1.5 (seen 1.488v). This is something i would like to bring down if possible.

Also gotta love DPD, amazing delivery service on a weekend after Black Friday.. GG guys! :D

Associate
Ok so 3900X is in, got it running stock with just RAM changed to XMP and case fan speeds altered for my ears :p

Any tips for me guys? So far i have seen boost clocks to 4550Mhz in HWInfo, seems to be hitting that in a few apps i have tested so far. Am i good for leaving things as they are for a while until i read up on the BIOS settings as there is stuff in there that i have no clue what they do coming from a 2700X :)

Oh and volts are nearing 1.5 (seen 1.488v). This is something i would like to bring down if possible.

Also gotta love DPD, amazing delivery service on a weekend after Black Friday.. GG guys! :D
CPU-Z isn't really stressing the cpu that much. Try running the Blender Beta Benchmark eller AIDA64 CPU/FPU/Cache stress test.;)

TrM

TrM

Associate
Thanks, still a decent mark up considering they’re readily available now.

i got mine at launch ans the price is getting closer to that price again atleast not to sure if we will see it at launch price again for quite a while

OcUK Staff
Thanks, still a decent mark up considering they’re readily available now.

Our percentage markup is same as when they launched, 8% margin they cost more now because we pay more as to keep the stock levels high as in several hundred we have to buy from both official which would allow us to sell at £479 but we also have to buy unofficial stock from other countries which cost us considerably more to the point at £518.99 current price we were only making 5% but more official stock landed reducing our average cost so we’re now at 8% which I feel is not much markup and as we’re selling 50 plus a day and our next delivery is not until end of December we don’t need and can’t reduce price further. Stock is king and our price is competitive anyway hence our great sales on this part.

Caporegime

No need to lower the voltage, the CPU will decide what it needs. If you lower voltage you will get lower boost frequencies and lower performance.

See if you have an option called perfomrance enhancer in the BIOS, i know my Asus board does. Set that to level 3 (OC) enable PBO in the BIOS too. The Performance enhancer option esentially maxes out the options in Ryzen Master Tool via the BIOS to ensure maximum boost performance.

I see up to 4.675Ghz on two cores as a peak (though under very light loads) in HWINFO64 after doing the above. Using the stock Wraith Prism cooler running at a quiet constant speed via a fan controller.

Soldato

You can actually lower the voltage and increase performance which is what I found. You should only do this using the Offset method though and this will vary between motherboards.

I did this on both a MSI Tomahawk and Asus X470 gaming and both gave me a good increases of +200 in CBr20 Multi and single core stayed around the same when I lowered the voltages using offset. On the Asus X470 after testing I found -0.1v gave me the best performance and also dropped temps by ~10c. Whereas on a Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 any drop in voltage resulted in slightly decreased performance. Though the Gigabyte performed much better at stock than the others. The best thing is to experiment by dropping the voltage incrementally and doing a Cinebench R15 run to see how it affects performance.

It's probably more important to tune your RAM. As you have good memory you should at least be able to do 3600 C14 and maybe higher and get the latency down. Remember to keep the IF at 1:1 ratio. Get DRam Calculator and start with that.

Also download the 1usmus v1.1 power plan and use that.

Back
Top Bottom