• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Ryzen 3900X thread

Associate
That is perfectly normal. You will see up to 1.5v under low/single core loads. All cores loaded you don't really want to be seeing above 1.35v maximum.

This is perfectly normal for the 3900X. You can use a negative offset which will bring down the temps though it may increase/decrease performance. This varies between boards/bioses but on an Asus X470-f gaming my sweet spot was -0.1v offset for performance and also ~10c drop in temps. Whereas exactly the same CPU on a Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 wifi any decrease in voltage dropped performance though at stock it still outperformed the Asus board with the -offset tweak.

Ok thats great, thanks guys. Going to have another play around later.

Also big thanks to OCUK for getting these goodies to me this weekend :)

IMG-20191201-142557.jpg

Permabanned
This is perfectly normal for the 3900X. You can use a negative offset which will bring down the temps though it may increase/decrease performance. This varies between boards/bioses but on an Asus X470-f gaming my sweet spot was -0.1v offset for performance and also ~10c drop in temps. Whereas exactly the same CPU on a Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 wifi any decrease in voltage dropped performance though at stock it still outperformed the Asus board with the -offset tweak.

I think it's because the Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wi-Fi as a premium board is tuned and optimised for higher performance no matter what, while the Asus X470-F Gaming is tuned for efficiency and power savings.
Also, their power delivery circuitries must be different, with the Gigabyte one able to sustain higher voltages.

Soldato
I think it's because the Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wi-Fi as a premium board is tuned and optimised for higher performance no matter what, while the Asus X470-F Gaming is tuned for efficiency and power savings.
Also, their power delivery circuitries must be different, with the Gigabyte one able to sustain higher voltages.
I think that's just an uniformed guess.

The Asus board is still a top board and in terms of VRM quality is just one down from the Gigabyte Gaming 7 which shares the same VRM quality as the top of the range Asus X470 Crosshair.

The most probably reason is just down to the bios creation team. Asus are much, much slower to update and release bioses whereas Gigabyte have done more than I care to count over the last few months for just this one board.

When it comes to memory though the Asus board is better and has tighter sub timings at stock than the Gigabyte when using the same memory and consequently has slightly less latency.

Last edited:
Soldato
So running PBO for the past day or two.

All i have changed is..

Voltage Offset to -0.100
PBO = Enhanced 1

and then have set these from the 1usmus Power Plan page.

Global C-state Control = Enabled
Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
CPPC = Enabled
CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled
AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
PPC Adjustment = PState 0

Trying to keep temps down and have been seeing mid 60's on full load with R20.

Cinebench R20 Multi ~7200 / Single ~519

Seeing clock boosts of around 4550 on some cores with this.

Still learning but holy **** this CPU is a beast! :D

Soldato
Just Received my 3900X, Aorus Elite X570 32gb of 3200 Vengeance and 1TB PCI4 Gigabyte M.2 :D

Waterblock should arrive tomorrow (left it off the order doh!), build on Friday.

Last time I used AMD I was phase change cooling, looking forward to welcoming an old friend.

Soldato
It is not being rude. You are just guessing and you are also uninformed. Maybe I'll get added to "Troll Honour Roll" (That's an inane sig :rolleyes:)

Pretty sure calling others trolls is frowned upon not sure why some are allowed to have such a list as a sig.

I know all these people and their 3900x's are sure testing my will power in waiting for next gen ryzen before i upgrade :(

Soldato
So running PBO for the past day or two.

All i have changed is..

Voltage Offset to -0.100
PBO = Enhanced 1

and then have set these from the 1usmus Power Plan page.

Global C-state Control = Enabled
Power Supply Idle Control = Low Current Idle
CPPC = Enabled
CPPC Preferred Cores = Enabled
AMD Cool'n'Quiet = Enabled
PPC Adjustment = PState 0

Trying to keep temps down and have been seeing mid 60's on full load with R20.

Cinebench R20 Multi ~7200 / Single ~519

Seeing clock boosts of around 4550 on some cores with this.

Still learning but holy **** this CPU is a beast! :D
Super beast!
With the latest bios, I finally managed the Holy grail, 4.4ghz all core [email protected] 3800mhz ram at cl14! IF AT 1900!
60.3 latency, cpuz 455 single and 8992 multi
Thanks Lisa su

Soldato
Super beast!
With the latest bios, I finally managed the Holy grail, 4.4ghz all core [email protected] 3800mhz ram at cl14! IF AT 1900!
60.3 latency, cpuz 455 single and 8992 multi
Thanks Lisa su

I still have a latest 'Patch B' BIOS to update but its running good right now, also just had DPD drop off a Red Devil 5700XT half hour ago :) just letting the condensation dry off it before installing it :eek: Not sure where they have had this stored (probably left in a van at the DPD depot overnight) but then its been thick fog where i am outside here in Stoke on Trent so must be that.

Yes i am lazy and cant be bothered to visit the OcUK shop every time :D

My CPU-Z at stock hits around 555 Single with Multi around 8500 so im happy to sacrifice some Multi perf for higher Single core perf :)

Last nights test stream was nothing but amazing, up to 40% TOTAL CPU usage while streaming DayZ with SLOW preset, 7500kbps bitrate @ 720p60 on Twitch. WTF! :eek:

900p60 on Medium preset was a breeze too but Slow at 720p60 quality looked way better on the viewers end.

These chips are beasts.. Lisa Su is a beast too! (as CEO) AMD please dont hold back, we need this :D

Last edited:
Soldato
I still have a latest 'Patch B' BIOS to update but its running good right now, also just had DPD drop off a Red Devil 5700XT half hour ago :) just letting the condensation dry off it before installing it :eek: Not sure where they have had this stored (probably left in a van at the DPD depot overnight) but then its been thick fog where i am outside here in Stoke on Trent so must be that.

Yes i am lazy and cant be bothered to visit the OcUK shop every time :D

My CPU-Z at stock hits around 555 Single with Multi around 8500 so im happy to sacrifice some Multi perf for higher Single core perf :)

Last nights test stream was nothing but amazing, up to 40% TOTAL CPU usage while streaming DayZ with SLOW preset, 7500kbps bitrate @ 720p60 on Twitch. WTF! :eek:

900p60 on Medium preset was a breeze too but Slow at 720p60 quality looked way better on the viewers end.

These chips are beasts.. Lisa Su is a beast too! AMD please dont hold back, we need this :D
I think I might of meant 555 also sorry. Its 524 on stock bios

Soldato
@Illuminist Which TridentZ Royal are you using, if you run them at 3600/16,16,16,16,36 what CPUz score do you get? CPUz I'm currently getting SC 541 and MC 8430, just looking for a comparison.
Hello there, I use the trident z royals rgb 4000 cl17 and I run them at 3800 14,16,14,14,32,42, I get 555 single and 8992 multi on cpuz

Last edited:
Soldato
For you Panos, sure, at work right now but I will do.
Are you going to emulate it yourself?

Thank you :)
Have to give a try as my ram can do 4133C17 on the Z370 platform and can do 3800C16 & 3866C16 easily. 3800C14 while can be done some times is unstable, so something is just amiss to get to the holy grail of 3800C14 :D

If I can put together a similar set of settings like yours, maybe could be able to push it correctly :)

Back
Top Bottom