Oculus Quest (Santa Cruz)

Soldato
Turns out I have this on Steam not Oculus Store, so I wouldn't be getting it free anyway. Will be interested to see a review. I might be tempted to re-buy if it's good.

Soldato
Cheapest way to get this is to buy an Oculus key from the Ubisoft store for £6.30
Then a key for the DLC from Green Man gaming for £3.69

Total: £9.99 :D
Redeem these to your Oculus account and the Quest version is now free. :D

Edit: Seems like there's an extra 20% off voucher on the Ubisoft store I missed so you can get it even cheaper.

Last edited:
Soldato
Turns out I have this on Steam not Oculus Store, so I wouldn't be getting it free anyway. Will be interested to see a review. I might be tempted to re-buy if it's good.

Yeah mine's Steam too

Cheapest way to get this is to buy an Oculus key from the Ubisoft store for £6.30

Edit: Seems like there's an extra 20% off voucher on the Ubisoft store I missed so you can get it even cheaper.

Still seems annoying to have to pay for a game I already own.

Soldato
Still seems annoying to have to pay for a game I already own.

I'm happy to pay for a Quest port if it's reasonably priced. It's not as simple as pressing a button 'port to quest' to convert a PC game onto the Quest. It takes significant time and resources.

What I don't like is having to pay full price for a game I already own on the same store, like happens with some stuff on the Oculus Store - e.g. Beat Saber and Superhot. However most new games seem to be crossbuy.

Soldato
I'm happy to pay for a Quest port if it's reasonably priced. It's not as simple as pressing a button 'port to quest' to convert a PC game onto the Quest. It takes significant time and resources..

Yeah I know that it is just a new concept to me that I am not used to only ever having had one platform.

Discount is U100 coins for 20%, I've got U47 :(

Found a code "EXTRA20" at checkout gives you 20% off.

Just a little update I bought the Oculus VR version on the Ubisoft store for a £5 and I have no way of actually activating or installing the game. Not received a code or anything. On the order page doesnt say much apart from "Automatic Activation" whatever that means. I then found a FAQ for Oculus in which it says log into Oculus store and use the code to redeem the game. Which I dont have. Bit annoying.

Last edited:
Associate
I've just bought both from the Ubisoft Store after the DLC went out of stock at Green Man Gaming, only came to 11.91 with the 20% discount.

Was able to then also download the Quest version no problems.

Soldato
With games for oculus quest where do you buy the games?

Does it have a built in store?
Most easily through the Phone App linked to the Quest. Note: You initially set up the Quest using a phone app.

Ultimately you have an Oculus account (eg: which you sign in the app to). This can even be the same account you use on the PC Oculus app if you use the Rift (CV1 or S). Some titles you buy are "cross-buy" which means they will be downloadable on both platforms (Rift and Quest). eg: I've just bought the Star Trek Bridge Crew AND DLC, ploughed in the codes into the PC app to get it available on my Rift CV1. On my Phone App (for the Quest) I could then see that title was free to down load.

But if you just have an Oculus Quest... All through your phone basically...

Soldato
I've just bought both from the Ubisoft Store after the DLC went out of stock at Green Man Gaming, only came to 11.91 with the 20% discount.

Was able to then also download the Quest version no problems.

This is how ridiculous this is for the crossbuy / already own.

I bought the PC version of Star Trek Bridge crew a while ago. Works okay etc.

Now for the Quest I have to buy it again so I used Ubisoft store to buy it for the Oculus VR. You would think that okay good way to do it. Get it at a good price. No. I buy it and then receive no code whatsover. I have had to log a support ticket which was triaged initially now its had to go to a "special investigation team" so I am still waiting for the code. Ubisoft platform is a joke.

Soldato
This is how ridiculous this is for the crossbuy / already own.

I bought the PC version of Star Trek Bridge crew a while ago. Works okay etc.

Now for the Quest I have to buy it again so I used Ubisoft store to buy it for the Oculus VR. You would think that okay good way to do it. Get it at a good price. No. I buy it and then receive no code whatsover. I have had to log a support ticket which was triaged initially now its had to go to a "special investigation team" so I am still waiting for the code. Ubisoft platform is a joke.
If you already own Star Trek Bridge Crew in Oculus (not Steam), then all you need is the DLC ontop. So once you have Bridge Crew and the Next Generation (DLC) on the Oculus store (eg: on your PC), you can download Bridge Crew (& DLC included) on the Quest for free...

Note: I bought the DLC (for Oculus) on UbiSoft using EXTRA20 for £6.87. Once that installed on the PC, I could download it all on the Quest for free.

Soldato
If you already own Star Trek Bridge Crew in Oculus (not Steam), then all you need is the DLC ontop. So once you have Bridge Crew and the Next Generation (DLC) on the Oculus store (eg: on your PC), you can download Bridge Crew (& DLC included) on the Quest for free...

Note: I bought the DLC (for Oculus) on UbiSoft using EXTRA20 for £6.87. Once that installed on the PC, I could download it all on the Quest for free.

I bought the PC (Ubisoft) version of Star Trek Bridge crew a while ago.

Soldato
OK, so to clarify, by PC version you mean Steam PC? Not Oculus PC?

If so, yes, it's a pain now I agree. I bought VR titles via Steam thinking that was the wise, which of course is now not the case given cross-buy and the Quest :( In the case of Star Trek Bridge Crew (which I'd bought through Steam), I rebought it for Oculus for £5.04 via Ubisoft and EXTRA20.

Soldato
No I mean Ubisoft PC, I bought it off the Ubisoft store ages ago. So when I log into Uplay and look at my games its listed there.

So I rebought it for Oculus via the Ubisoft store and got no code. On the order history it says "Automatic activation" so I have a feeling this is why I didnt get a code. As the only way I can get it on my Oculus account is via a code I have to wait till the muppets at Ubisoft sort it out. Dont know why its taking so long.

Soldato
No I mean Ubisoft PC, I bought it off the Ubisoft store ages ago. So when I log into Uplay and look at my games its listed there.

So I rebought it for Oculus via the Ubisoft store and got no code. On the order history it says "Automatic activation" so I have a feeling this is why I didnt get a code. As the only way I can get it on my Oculus account is via a code I have to wait till the muppets at Ubisoft sort it out. Dont know why its taking so long.
Minefield isn't it!

When trying to get the Bridge Crew DLC for the Oculus I made the mistake of buying the Steam version from Green Man Gaming! As soon as I got the activation code I realised my mistake, so I've raised a ticket and hopefully they'll refund me...

Soldato
Are you able to stream independent VR apps that are not oculus/steam apps or games to the quest and play them in VR using the virtual desktop?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'independent VR apps' but most apps in Steam detect the Quest as though it were an Oculus Rift so in theory anything that works with the Rift will support the Quest?

Soldato
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by 'independent VR apps' but most apps in Steam detect the Quest as though it were an Oculus Rift so in theory anything that works with the Rift will support the Quest?

Independent, as in not a steam or oculus title that isn't available on the steam or oculus site.

Back
Top Bottom