Escape from Tarkov

Associate
is it not ? its basically filling a gap left by dayz. by dayz i mean the mod not the SA. what is really different in this to dayz the mod ? if BI would have made standalone properly games like this probably wouldnt exist or get much popularity. the realness of it is people want a game in this kinda genre no one seems to do it right and people flock to each kinda simular game hoping it is the next dayz mod kinda survival game. which generally it isnt because you already played 90 percent of it before in dayz mod.

its popular hope it does well for those that love it.

The gameplay experience is nothing like Dayz tbh (either standalone or original mod), its way more action based and the gunplay is easily the best i've come across in any shooter, it really is exceptionally good in that regard.

I wouldn't really call it a survivial game either given the majority of a servers players will probably die during each 20-50 minute raid.

Associate
yeah but call of the wild isnt a survival game or something i play like a fps. dayz the mod on big servers were hectic big battles. often the problem is people think of dayz as the standalone instead of the mod. scum was is pretty fun but to me slightly boring. as said ive done everything in scum and other survival games before . so why would i get yet another game like tarkov to just do the same thing ? :p arma had this kinda game play over 10 years ago. loot army weapons vehicles and npcs. on a map.

not saying tarkov is bad just doesnt appeal to me. i hoped it would.

hopefully there is some free trial weekends. to give it a proper try.

I bought Tarkov recently and agree with what everyone is saying. It's a breath of fresh air to not be hand held with everything you do.

Given the amount of games I have seen you post in (and therefore like i.e PUBG, DayZ etc) you are missing out if you don't give this a try! It really is great frustrating fun!!!

Caporegime
The gameplay experience is nothing like Dayz tbh (either standalone or original mod), its way more action based and the gunplay is easily the best i've come across in any shooter, it really is exceptionally good in that regard.

I wouldn't really call it a survivial game either given the majority of a servers players will probably die during each 20-50 minute raid.

sounds good. will have to give it a try in the future maybe if there is a trial on.cheers !

Soldato
That's the hardest part is working out who is who. Kwango is on his second teamkill of me :(.

I've had about 4 team kills in last few weeks, I hesitate a lot with shots though and it gets me killed as I try to ID squad mates.

I still don't want player markers but ffs, a compass would be nice.

Soldato
I've had about 4 team kills in last few weeks, I hesitate a lot with shots though and it gets me killed as I try to ID squad mates.

I still don't want player markers but ffs, a compass would be nice.

Thankfully I've had no teamkills but then again I've got very few kills as it is :D.

I wouldn't mind a compass, markers would detract too much from it agreed. Solo is just so much easier.

Even if it became an unlockable high end purchase "google glass" type thing :D. Can use it but no head armour.

Associate
Thankfully I've had no teamkills but then again I've got very few kills as it is :D.

I wouldn't mind a compass, markers would detract too much from it agreed. Solo is just so much easier.

Even if it became an unlockable high end purchase "google glass" type thing :D. Can use it but no head armour.

Another vote for a compass here. I think considering you can even use a watch int he real world to get a rough idea of direction, this is something they should think about.

Soldato
Yes and will be for a couple years at least, it seems to be a long term project.

That's the hardest part is working out who is who. Kwango is on his second teamkill of me :(.

I'd say it's worth it mate. So much to get to grips with but once they sort out the downtime they have it's in a great state from my experience so far.

thanks guys. I might check it out one day further down the line. I like the slower pace nature, I'm nearing my limit with COD lol

bJN

bJN

Soldato
So what's the point of the game? Is it, drop in, loot as much as you can and extract like The Division just more hardcore?
There's an entire universe of lore behind the game that drives the narrative for it. As an overview of what it entails, in its current state, then you're not far from what the game offers. There's a heavy emphasis / involvement of PvP and no real way of shying away from it. There's also a whole game economy with the introduction of the player Flea Market, some people solely play it to "make money" so to speak. The in-game weapon customisation is second to none. The ballistics are some of the most realistic in a game to date, though there are some obvious balance issues with certain elements (no helmet in the world is rated to stop rifle calibre ammunition for example, yet it exists in game as a balance).

Soldato
There's an entire universe of lore behind the game that drives the narrative for it. As an overview of what it entails, in its current state, then you're not far from what the game offers. There's a heavy emphasis / involvement of PvP and no real way of shying away from it. There's also a whole game economy with the introduction of the player Flea Market, some people solely play it to "make money" so to speak. The in-game weapon customisation is second to none. The ballistics are some of the most realistic in a game to date, though there are some obvious balance issues with certain elements (no helmet in the world is rated to stop rifle calibre ammunition for example, yet it exists in game as a balance).

Thanks for the description. When you say "make money" you mean virtual in game money right to buy better gear?

Associate
So what's the point of the game? Is it, drop in, loot as much as you can and extract like The Division just more hardcore?
Some similarities to the Division dark zone I suppose. It is PVE and PvP. But you lose almost all on death.
You can insure gear and get it back as long as no one escapes with it

Back
Top Bottom