1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Escape from Tarkov

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by Twirlywoos, Nov 25, 2015.

1. booyaka

Capodecina

get on discord - loads on there every night now....team up, go in, TK each other constantly.....:p:p

2. neckbeardthethird

Wise Guy

The gameplay experience is nothing like Dayz tbh (either standalone or original mod), its way more action based and the gunplay is easily the best i've come across in any shooter, it really is exceptionally good in that regard.

I wouldn't really call it a survivial game either given the majority of a servers players will probably die during each 20-50 minute raid.

3. CliffyG

Capodecina

Successfully completed a factory quest while getting 12 kills (only 1 PMC). Happy with that though. Solo is much easier than going in with 5.

4. 4Play

Hitman

I bought Tarkov recently and agree with what everyone is saying. It's a breath of fresh air to not be hand held with everything you do.

Given the amount of games I have seen you post in (and therefore like i.e PUBG, DayZ etc) you are missing out if you don't give this a try! It really is great frustrating fun!!!

5. ColdAsIce

Mobster

As if you don't enjoy the chaos of factory with 4 of us from Discord xD

6. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

Spend more time id'ing each other than fighting

7. ~>Dg<~

Caporegime

sounds good. will have to give it a try in the future maybe if there is a trial on.cheers !

8. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

is it still in Beta?

9. neckbeardthethird

Wise Guy

Yes and will be for a couple years at least, it seems to be a long term project.

10. Mynight

Soldato

That's the hardest part is working out who is who. Kwango is on his second teamkill of me :(.

I'd say it's worth it mate. So much to get to grips with but once they sort out the downtime they have it's in a great state from my experience so far.

11. SixTwoSix

Capodecina

I've had about 4 team kills in last few weeks, I hesitate a lot with shots though and it gets me killed as I try to ID squad mates.

I still don't want player markers but ffs, a compass would be nice.

12. Mynight

Soldato

Thankfully I've had no teamkills but then again I've got very few kills as it is :D.

I wouldn't mind a compass, markers would detract too much from it agreed. Solo is just so much easier.

Even if it became an unlockable high end purchase "google glass" type thing :D. Can use it but no head armour.

13. Locky

Capodecina

Oh so this is what all you flakes are playing these days.. any good?

14. muttclugg

Wise Guy

Another vote for a compass here. I think considering you can even use a watch int he real world to get a rough idea of direction, this is something they should think about.

15. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

thanks guys. I might check it out one day further down the line. I like the slower pace nature, I'm nearing my limit with COD lol

16. CliffyG

Capodecina

It was good fun but when we split up a bit and skavs are all over the place it gets a little tricky!

17. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

So what's the point of the game? Is it, drop in, loot as much as you can and extract like The Division just more hardcore?

18. bJN

Mobster

There's an entire universe of lore behind the game that drives the narrative for it. As an overview of what it entails, in its current state, then you're not far from what the game offers. There's a heavy emphasis / involvement of PvP and no real way of shying away from it. There's also a whole game economy with the introduction of the player Flea Market, some people solely play it to "make money" so to speak. The in-game weapon customisation is second to none. The ballistics are some of the most realistic in a game to date, though there are some obvious balance issues with certain elements (no helmet in the world is rated to stop rifle calibre ammunition for example, yet it exists in game as a balance).

19. TonyTurbo78

Sgarrista

Thanks for the description. When you say "make money" you mean virtual in game money right to buy better gear?

20. TrannyBill

Associate

Some similarities to the Division dark zone I suppose. It is PVE and PvP. But you lose almost all on death.
    You can insure gear and get it back as long as no one escapes with it