• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
Without wanting to scare you, only 50% of the Ryzen 3000 can do all core 1.325v safely without starting a pretty rapid silicon degredation that destroys the chips within months.

https://old.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/ejd5c9/1325v_is_not_safe_for_zen_2/

That doesn't apply when CPUs are left to boost on their own.

Uh huh half you say? Where is the evidence? All I see is hearsay. Maybe buy from Silicon Lottery then you can use high voltage and get replacement if it dies under warranty.

I'm happy that I only needed 1.30v for my overclock but I haven't seen any evidence that I should be concerned anyway. Always remember than only the people with bad experiences complain.

people are quick to forget that just a year ago we thought 90% of 2080tis were dying because of all the internet complaints. It turned it was it was just 4%

Soldato
Uh huh half you say? Where is the evidence? All I see is hearsay. Maybe buy from Silicon Lottery then you can use high voltage and get replacement if it dies under warranty.

I'm happy that I only needed 1.30v for my overclock but I haven't seen any evidence that I should be concerned anyway. Always remember than only the people with bad experiences complain.

people are quick to forget that just a year ago we thought 90% of 2080tis were dying because of all the internet complaints. It turned it was it was just 4%

When AMD says anything over 1.27v at 100% all core load is dangerous and at 1.3v+ expect to have a dead CPU in 6 months, I take their word.
Now yourself feel free to put 1.32 and 1.35v to it. But don't cry when it dies.

Soldato
When AMD says anything over 1.27v at 100% all core load is dangerous and at 1.3v+ expect to have a dead CPU in 6 months, I take their word.

Please show us where AMD said this? Or did you get this information by praying to a statue of dead FX chips?

Last edited:
Soldato
AMD show's you this when you enable PBO. All you have to do after that is run Cinebench along with Hwinfo64 and watch the core cpu speed drop along with Core voltage. Not rocket science to be honest.

Oh so AMD didn't actually say anything, thanks for letting us know.

Right now Silicon Lottery is selling 3950x CPU's overclocked with 1.325v AND come with warranty. Poor Silicon Lottery they are going to go bankrupt soon with all the dead 3950x's that will be coming back since they've far exceeded your arbitrary 1.27v number.

Caporegime
AMD show's you this when you enable PBO. All you have to do after that is run Cinebench along with Hwinfo64 and watch the core cpu speed drop along with Core voltage. Not rocket science to be honest.

Mate my CPU runs at between 1.37v and 1.39v high stress, in games it runs at about 1.45v PBO or not it makes no difference. i'd like to see where AMD said "When AMD says anything over 1.27v at 100% all core load is dangerous and at 1.3v+ expect to have a dead CPU in 6 months" because if they did this thing is getting sent back for replacement.

Soldato
Mate my CPU runs at between 1.37v and 1.39v high stress, in games it runs at about 1.45v PBO or not it makes no difference. i'd like to see where AMD said "When AMD says anything over 1.27v at 100% all core load is dangerous and at 1.3v+ expect to have a dead CPU in 6 months" because if they did this thing is getting sent back for replacement.

Look, you know as well as i do what PBO does. What i'm fairly shure you don't know is that a 3950X is capable of a hell of lot more you think it is. I already have the highest score in your own thread.......................got an even bigger score if i want it when needed. The point is, peeps only get high scores in anything unless they take risks.
That involves risk, As a former Bencher myself, i know that so really couldn't give a small leak about a duff cpu.

Caporegime
Look, you know as well as i do what PBO does. What i'm fairly shure you don't know is that a 3950X is capable of a hell of lot more you think it is. I already have the highest score in your own thread.......................got an even bigger score if i want it when needed. The point is, peeps only get high scores in anything unless they take risks.
That involves risk, As a former Bencher myself, i know that so really couldn't give a small leak about a duff cpu.

I'm not disputing that, i'm telling you my CPU runs at well over 1.3v no matter what its doing out of the box, so if AMD said running the CPU at 1.3v expect a dead CPU in 6 months then i have a serious problem, or not?

Soldato
I'm not disputing that, i'm telling you my CPU runs at well over 1.3v no matter what its doing out of the box, so if AMD said running the CPU at 1.3v expect a dead CPU in 6 months then i have a serious problem, or not?

Well, as i'm posting here now i can tell you my 3950X is at 0.312v Yes it drops vCore and Core to 3.6Ghz ...........................no big deal because it can still do anything i want, and that is all core.

Soldato

All fluff

Soldato
I don't know if is it normal but every week i do cinebench test and ryzen master show lower and lower clock, now my ryzen 3800x all core clock is 4080 mhz.

So your stock 3800x is degrading, amazing.

love to see the above people justify and explain it.

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Now yourself feel free to put 1.32 and 1.35v to it. But don't cry when it dies.
Link?

Not that it matters, max I go is 1.275v for my 4.4GHz all core ;)

I'd like to know this too because, uh, well... this CPU should be dead by now, this is stock.

ijDyObE.png
Poor humbug, that is one poor clocker you got there. Needs so much juice for hardly any OC. Lol.

OcUK Staff
Im sure @Gibbo or 8pack can input on what is a safe voltage for these chips. As long as its better than the stock coolers, I cant see being below 1.4 causing it to be useless in 6 months.

I've not personally tested, but same old age rule applies when overclocking, bumping voltage should always be accompanied by improve cooling, if the stock CPU is managing voltage around 1.30v, then bumping the voltage to around 1.35v with a 1.40 absolute maximum should not cause harm on the basis you make sure the CPU does not run any hotter, or even better cooler.

It is additional heat for prolong periods that impacts life of silicon, unless of course your massively ramping voltage then of course your going to kill it pretty much irrelevant of cooling and most extreme benchmarkers know this and expect as such.

Keep it cool and I see no reason why 1.35v and below 1.40v would cause an issue, use common sense, cool it well and it shall last.

Back
Top Bottom