Raspberry Pi - $35 Linux computer

Associate
Got any pics of the setup? Sounds pretty cool.
Here's a picture:

IMG-20200101-154625.jpg

But if you want to see the project then check out the ETA Prime video on Youtube :)

Soldato
I want to set up a basic Wiki prototype to show some people.

Will a RP4 run Media Wiki in a Docker Container? Assume it consists of Media Wiki + PHP + MySQL + Apache but not sure at this stage.

Would probably be a less than 5 concurrent users at peak, real world use will be 1 or 2 connections. Articles would be a mixture of full text articles and user guides with text and screenshots. Maybe 20 - 50 articles to begin with.

If the prototype is successful we will find some hardware to migrate it to.

Have lots of experience with the 3B and some experience with Buster. Not touched a 4 yet.

What do you think? Right tool for the job or not?

Soldato
Can anyone help?
I have been trying to update my RPi4 cbut gettin ghtis error:

Ign:8 http://repo.mongodb.org/apt/ubuntu xenial/mongodb-org/3.4 Release.gpg
Reading package lists...
W: GPG error: http://repo.mongodb.org/apt/ubuntu xenial/mongodb-org/3.4 Release: The following signatures were invalid: EXPKEYSIG BC711F9BA15703C6 MongoDB 3.4 Release Signing Key <[email protected]>
E: The repository 'http://repo.mongodb.org/apt/ubuntu xenial/mongodb-org/3.4 Release' is not signed.

How to fix this?

Permabanned
I just wrote a little backup script that backs up my pi important files to /dev/sda2 (USB STICK) - and it runs via a cron job every hour, tested and it's working great. Shared below if anyone wants it. If anyone can think of any more important files to backup let me know! - that would be great!

rsync-backup.sh
Code:
#!/bin/bash
basePath="/home/bu/Backup"
outputPath="/var/log/rsync"

# Script to backup important files to /dev/sda2.

echo "Backing up important files to /dev/sda2.  Please wait.."
echo "" 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
echo "-------------------------------------------------------------------------------" 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
echo "$(date) $(ls -1 | wc -l)" >> ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
echo "-------------------------------------------------------------------------------" 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt 
rsync -av /var/www ${basePath}/var/ 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
rsync -av /etc/motd ${basePath}/etc 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
rsync -av /etc/ssh/sshd_config ${basePath}/etc/ssh/sshd_config 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
rsync -av /etc/update-motd.d/10-uname ${basePath}/etc/update-motd.d 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
rsync -av /etc/caddy/ ${basePath}/etc/caddy 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
rsync -av /etc/ssl/ ${basePath}/etc/ssl 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
rsync -av /etc/thelounge/ ${basePath}/etc/thelounge 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
rsync -av /etc/samba/smb.conf ${basePath}/etc/samba 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
rsync -av /etc/ssh/sshd-banner ${basePath}/etc/ssh 2>&1 | tee -a ${outputPath}/rsync-output.txt
echo "Backup Completed Successfully to /dev/sda2.."

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I just wrote a little backup script that backs up my pi important files to /dev/sda2 (USB STICK) - and it runs via a cron job every hour, tested and it's working great. Shared below if anyone wants it. If anyone can think of any more important files to backup let me know! - that would be great!

rsync-backup.sh

you're missing a "tee" call on line 11

Soldato
https://www.cnx-software.com/2019/12/08/rock-pi-sata-hat-targets-rock-pi-4-raspberry-pi-4-nas/

Maybe interesting for some - somewhat addresses the lack of native SATA on the pi4

So I have been looking more into this as I saw 'Novaspirit tech' do a video review on it.

I was first thinking of using it as a Plex server as I could just add drives when they get full but actually want I am wanting to do is setup a Raid1 array for some more critical backups... Not sure if that's possible?

Seems to be sold out now anyway :(

Permabanned
Back
Top Bottom