Caroline Flack RIP

Soldato
What is crazy is she had looks, Money and a partner. Social Media showing white sandy beaches with some nice wine. And you have many men out there like vets in much poorer states. Living rough, Having no kids or mates and yet all the sympathy and air time goes on this one.

Wtf :(

You’re right in that we should be doing more to help with anyone with mental health issues. (id wager a large percentage of rough sleepers suffer.) Fairly local to me we have a RBL estate that has a cafe, rooms/apartments for veterans and also I think they make the remembrance poppies and stuff in mini factories/workshops. There was a story of a local guy who was having problems with ptsd and they got him a room and stuff and were helping him out. (Not sure if this is a nationwide thing with the RBL though??) However, a lot of these people really struggle with the idea of accepting help and believe rightly or wrongly that they can fix it on their own..

However, Caroline’s situation also highlights that despite her having seemingly ”everything”, it obviously wasn’t enough... :(

Permabanned
You’re right in that we should be doing more to help with anyone with mental health issues. (id wager a large percentage of rough sleepers suffer.) Fairly local to me we have a RBL estate that has a cafe, rooms/apartments for veterans and also I think they make the remembrance poppies and stuff in mini factories/workshops. There was a story of a local guy who was having problems with ptsd and they got him a room and stuff and were helping him out. (Not sure if this is a nationwide thing with the RBL though??) However, a lot of these people really struggle with the idea of accepting help and believe rightly or wrongly that they can fix it on their own..

However, Caroline’s situation also highlights that despite her having seemingly ”everything”, it obviously wasn’t enough... :(

How much do you need to not seem overly greedy? If someone gave me 100k i could say i would have all i need in life and my dreams had came true. I would buy a house cheaply in NI. I do not want or need a holiday etc or shiny watches or an iphone x. For me it is house and family thats it. So how do you get 6m or 250k plus 1m from Loveisland and still want to kill yourself?

It is so unbelieveable, She had no real problems apart from her own views she has cultivated of the world. This is what happens when you spoil yourself and create a generation of celebs and consumers. When real trouble happens they have no tools to deal with trouble.

Caporegime
So how do you get 6m or 250k plus 1m from Loveisland and still want to kill yourself?

Well firstly you don't know that she did have 6 million...

She's was perhaps at the peak of her earnings so far up until the crisis - she's obvs done OK in previous years but it might well have been some low six figure sums etc... Also you don't know the real breakdown of those things - the 250k might be before the agent/management company deducts 10-20% and then the tax man deducts another big chunk too.

Yeah she apparently landed some "1 million" deal, how much of that went to her directly rather than the production company too - that presumably depends on her contract re: what she gets to wear - does the main presenter get to independently do a deal for what was essentially product placement in the show? Also agent/management company taking a cut, it's probably not a lump sum and also is probably contingent in part on her still being the host!

She'd just lost that gig - ergo if there were due to be substantial payments made to her for wearing those clothes on the show they might well have immediately ceased.

We do know that she attempted to sell her flat, then she looked at renting it. For all we know she might have had a mortgage to pay and with a sudden loss of income and uncertainty (based on potential negative publicity along with gender/age) of her career/earnings continuing, paranoia over losing partner, potential to be someone the public turns on etc..

So you have a 40 year old woman who was very successful but then suddenly lost her job, faced public ridicule/criticism, might have faced losing her home & partner (or at least was already paranoid about that before the attack)... might not be in any position to carry on in the entertainment industry etc.. That's potentially a huge blow, big lifestyle change.

Caporegime
I assume debt comes into play a lot, just because they have a lot of money, doesn't mean they actually own any of it.

Also that one's lifestyle is typically linked to one's wealth, some people can keep them separate, but someone running a massively vain TV show all about your appearance?

Pfft, no chance.

Permabanned
Well firstly you don't know that she did have 6 million...

She's was perhaps at the peak of her earnings so far up until the crisis - she's obvs done OK in previous years but it might well have been some low six figure sums etc... Also you don't know the real breakdown of those things - the 250k might be before the agent/management company deducts 10-20% and then the tax man deducts another big chunk too.

Yeah she apparently landed some "1 million" deal, how much of that went to her directly rather than the production company too - that presumably depends on her contract re: what she gets to wear - does the main presenter get to independently do a deal for what was essentially product placement in the show? Also agent/management company taking a cut, it's probably not a lump sum and also is probably contingent in part on her still being the host!

She'd just lost that gig - ergo if there were due to be substantial payments made to her for wearing those clothes on the show they might well have immediately ceased.

We do know that she attempted to sell her flat, then she looked at renting it. For all we know she might have had a mortgage to pay and with a sudden loss of income and uncertainty (based on potential negative publicity along with gender/age) of her career/earnings continuing, paranoia over losing partner, potential to be someone the public turns on etc..

So you have a 40 year old woman who was very successful but then suddenly lost her job, faced public ridicule/criticism, might have faced losing her home & partner (or at least was already paranoid about that before the attack)... might not be in any position to carry on in the entertainment industry etc.. That's potentially a huge blow, big lifestyle change.

Well she should have saved it then, She spent a lot on holidays i bet and other nice things. Thats the problem people fall into money not knowing how to manage ot. Why did she not buy a home first? Shun the holidays and clothes and if something bad happened well you still have a home.

Sure it will be a lifestyle change, But all celebs go through that everyone is famous for 15 minutes, You use those 15 to set yourself up. Now if you even deducted the tax and fee from the money she still has loads left for a house outside of London. At the end of the day, Its truly all about nothing. When you are sitting in the rain cold thats when thoughts like that should be expected but not because im gonna lose my celeb lifestyle no?

Caporegime
Well she should have saved it then, She spent a lot on holidays i bet and other nice things. Thats the problem people fall into money not knowing how to manage ot. Why did she not buy a home first? Shun the holidays and clothes and if something bad happened well you still have a home.

She did buy a home. How do you know she didn't save? Most home owners, when they buy a home, take out a mortgage. If something happens to you that causes you to suddenly lose your income then you might find you can no longer pay that mortgage.

Sure it will be a lifestyle change, But all celebs go through that everyone is famous for 15 minutes, You use those 15 to set yourself up. Now if you even deducted the tax and fee from the money she still has loads left for a house outside of London. At the end of the day, Its truly all about nothing. When you are sitting in the rain cold thats when thoughts like that should be expected but not because im gonna lose my celeb lifestyle no?

I don't think you get it, sure she could go an buy a small house mortgage free in some town outside London where she doesn't know anyone and work in the local Tesco to pay the bills etc... that's a huge change still.

NVP

NVP

Soldato
I'd wager her mental instability was more focused on her social and relational situations as well as external appearance rather than anything financial.

Permabanned
She did buy a home. How do you know she didn't save? Most home owners, when they buy a home, take out a mortgage. If something happens to you that causes you to suddenly lose your income then you might find you can no longer pay that mortgage.

I don't think you get it, sure she could go an buy a small house mortgage free in some town outside London where she doesn't know anyone and work in the local Tesco to pay the bills etc... that's a huge change still.

Well dont get a mortagage then pay up front out of the 250k minus tax? Or save it until you have the upfront fee? Then after any job loss you only need money for food not the mortgage!

I do get it, So does that not imply that she maybe thought that the life that everyone else has to tolerate was not something she could do? Erm so how would a celeb go shopping then? When they get back home do they kiss the ground that it is not them behind the till? Does this sound suicide worthy?

Having to go live as a normal person =End of the world? In that case you make it sound like were all dregs and celebs are on another level. Thats the problem with rich folk, Thier life is totally unrealistic.

Caporegime
Well dont get a mortagage then pay up front out of the 250k minus tax? Or save it until you have the upfront fee? Then after any job loss you only need money for food not the mortgage!

Assuming she has a mortgage then she might not have been able to buy without it. I mean that is how people usually buy homes???

I do get it, So does that not imply that she maybe thought that the life that everyone else has to tolerate was not something she could do? Erm so how would a celeb go shopping then? When they get back home do they kiss the ground that it is not them behind the till? Does this sound suicide worthy?

Having to go live as a normal person =End of the world? In that case you make it sound like were all dregs and celebs are on another level. Thats the problem with rich folk, Thier life is totally unrealistic.

You say you get it but then don't really seem to.

Losing your home, career, potentially your partner (and then the rather amplified public criticism/scrutiny etc.. on top) would tend to be a big blow for most people.

Soldato
I'm assuming she knew she would get found guilty of the crimes she was charged with and as a result she knew full well that her career as a TV host was over. I think it's the sudden fall from grace mixed with her other demons pushed her over the edge.

Permabanned
Assuming she has a mortgage then she might not have been able to buy without it. I mean that is how people usually buy homes???

You say you get it but then don't really seem to.

Losing your home, career, potentially your partner (and then the rather amplified public criticism/scrutiny etc.. on top) would tend to be a big blow for most people.

She was not losing her partner though, It was only her career that was a real threat. Even then they can cash in on the story. Whats at risk really? Money? Her home is only at risk because she made bad life choices.

As i said if she used the money right, She would only lose her career. Well this happens to all celebs so i still do not get why it is suicide worthy. And why can you not have a mortgage on a house and pay it off with the 250k?

Even if you are unable to pay it off due to conditions. Then sell it and with the 250k buy another up front and eacape the interest bondage. It looks like they instead spent it all upfront on nice things like holidays and were banking on paying off the mortgage over x amount of years. Well thats pretty stupid as you never know what will happen in life or when the cashflow stops. That is the kind of hammer blow most people are not ready for in high rental homes.

Man of Honour
She would only lose her career. Well this happens to all celebs so i still do not get why it is suicide worthy

You obviously haven't got a clue how suicide works, I have a great life but it doesn't stop me from thinking of topping myself every day.
I have no debt, no mortgage, great wife & kids, great band mates, I love my job and so on.
That's my character, that's who I am and the most simplest things can tip me over.

Caporegime
She was not losing her partner though, It was only her career that was a real threat.

You're missing the point - she was paranoid about that - thus the attack in the first place!

Even then they can cash in on the story. Whats at risk really? Money? Her home is only at risk because she made bad life choices.

What is at risk? Well the things already mentioned - reputation, career, home etc...

Bad life choices - do you mean the violent attack or your bizarre take on getting a mortgage?

As i said if she used the money right, She would only lose her career. Well this happens to all celebs so i still do not get why it is suicide worthy. And why can you not have a mortgage on a house and pay it off with the 250k?

Even if you are unable to pay it off, Then sell it and with the 250k buy another up front and eacape the interest bondage. It looks like they instead spent it all on nice things and were banking on paying off the mortgage over x amount of years. Well thats pretty stupid as you never know what will happen in life or when the cashflow stops.

I think at this point you're actively trying not to understand either this situation or indeed why most of the UK's population makes use of mortgages when buying a home.

Permabanned
You're missing the point - she was paranoid about that - thus the attack in the first place!

What is at risk? Well the things already mentioned - reputation, career, home etc...

Bad life choices - do you mean the violent attack or your bizarre take on getting a mortgage?

I think at this point you're actively trying not to understand either this situation or indeed why most of the UK's population makes use of mortgages when buying a home.

I understand it, The bad choice was the assault and the mortgage. Most people in the UK have a mortgage as they need one. She could have paid hers off thats my point and arguement.

Her partner seems loyal, So its reputation and career and home at stake. As i said shes not like the UK population you mentioned shes rich in comparison. So use the money on the house get it paid of asap! Tell me if she did that whats to lose? Its only her career the press seem pretty ok about her reputation. Indeed i think we already covered that bit where she was getting off easy compared to woman beaters. So it only boils down to losing love island.

I know people who are a lot worse off, With zero assets or savings and they still have to truck on. Some with PTSD barely leave thier homes and still they have to keep going with the daily grind.

Caporegime
I understand it, The bad choice was the assault and the mortgage. Most people in the UK have a mortgage as they need one. She could have paid hers off thats my point and arguement.

You don't know she could have paid hers off, assuming she had one.

Her partner seems loyal, So its reputation and career and home at stake. As i said shes not like the UK population you mentioned shes rich in comparison. So use the money on the house get it paid of asap! Tell me if she did that whats to lose? Its only her career the press seem pretty ok about her reputation. Indeed i think we already covered that bit where she was getting off easy compared to woman beaters. So it only boils down to losing love island.

So you don't understand it - "her partner seems loyal" - it pretty irrelevant, she's a 40 year old woman with a much younger partner who had recently gone into a jealous rage and attacked him in her sleep, she'd then been separated from him as a result of that. Whether you think he seems loyal isn't relevant, it's her paranoia about losing him etc.. that is relevant.

How is she going to get the flat paid off ASAP if she's no longer working?

I know people who are a lot worse off, With zero assets or savings and they still have to truck on. Some with PTSD barely leave thier homes and still they have to keep going with the daily grind.

Thats rather missing the point.

For example when I went tracking in the Himalayas there were plenty of happy people in a Nepalese village that were far poorer than literally any UK citizen.

Not like those unemployed people in a rich country like the UK - they get free accommodation, free money from the state etc.. why should they have any mental health concerns?

Permabanned
You don't know she could have paid hers off, assuming she had one.

So you don't understand it - "her partner seems loyal" - it pretty irrelevant, she's a 40 year old woman with a much younger partner who had recently gone into a jealous rage and attacked him in her sleep, she'd then been separated from him as a result of that. Whether you think he seems loyal isn't relevant, it's her paranoia about losing him etc.. that is relevant.

How is she going to get the flat paid off ASAP if she's no longer working?

Thats rather missing the point.

For example when I went tracking in the Himalayas there were plenty of happy people in a Nepalese village that were far poorer than literally any UK citizen.

Not like those unemployed people in a rich country like the UK - they get free accommodation, free money from the state etc.. why should they have any mental health concerns?

Ofc she can pay it off where did the 1m and 250k go then? Go on tell me how normal people are relevant here in your example when normal people will not ever have enough up front to pay off the mortgage? She did if you cannot pay it off in a lump sum later then sell that home and buy a new one upfront there you go no more house issues.

Her partner was there, Even at the very end again so again i fail to see the point, You should go meet my ex G/F and come back and tell me about relationship trauma lol.

And again you keep sayint how is she going to pay off the mortgage? She cannot! Thats my whole point ffs!! She squandered the money i guess if you get 250k and 1m and are renting well that means you clearly are stupid and are asking for trouble. So i still cannot find something here that is the end of somones life, Career sure but not a life. Though if you were gonna lose your job and had a big house and big bills it sure would make you think about life thats for sure. What use is the fancy clothes and holidays then huh?

Caporegime
Ofc she can pay it off where did the 1m and 250k go then?

See previous post further up - you don't know that she actually got 1 million from that deal etc..

Go on tell me how normal people are relevant here in your example when normal people will not ever have enough up front to pay off the mortgage? She did if you cannot pay it off in a lump sum later then sell that home and buy a new one upfront there you go no more house issues.

you don't know she could pay it off - especially given she was first looking to sell then looking to rent it out.

Her partner was there

no he wasn't, they'd been separated form each other as part of her bail conditions.

And again you keep sayint how is she going to pay off the mortgage? She cannot! Thats my whole point ffs!! She squandered the money i guess if you get 250k and 1m and are renting well that means you clearly are stupid and are asking for trouble.

You're not making much sense here - first you say she should just pay off the mortgage (you don't know that she could) now you're claiming she'd squandered her earrings..you don't know that she did.

Though assuming she had then that's yet another reason to add to the list - debt/money issues

So i still cannot find something here that is the end of somones life, Career sure but not a life. Though if you were gonna lose your job and had a big house and big bills it sure would make you think about life thats for sure. What use is the fancy clothes and holidays then huh?

Because you're actively trying not to understand. What about poorer people in the UK who end their lives - there are much poorer people in third world countries.

You're seemingly having some tunnel vision here/lack of ability to understand simply because she is (or rather was) a high earner and then somehow you've concluded that her issues are minor. Well relatively speaking even the poorest person on benefits in the UK is a high earner compared to a large chunk of the world's population.

Permabanned
See previous post further up - you don't know that she actually got 1 million from that deal etc..

you don't know she could pay it off - especially given she was first looking to sell then looking to rent it out.

no he wasn't, they'd been separated form each other as part of her bail conditions.

You're not making much sense here - first you say she should just pay off the mortgage (you don't know that she could) now you're claiming she'd squandered her earrings..you don't know that she did.

Though assuming she had then that's yet another reason to add to the list - debt/money issues

Because you're actively trying not to understand. what about poorer people in the UK who end their lives - there are much poorer people in third world countries.

You're seemingly having some tunnel vision here/lack of ability to understand simply because she's a high earner and then somehow you've concluded that her issues are minor. Well relatively speaking even the poorest person on benefits in the UK is a high earner compared to a large chunk of the world's population.

Sigh you are making a mess of these posts now. Especially the mortgage bit why are you so confused? If she never squandered the money, Then why is the house an issue? Sell it and buy a non mortgage up front home. Or use the 250k in an account to guarantee the mortgage payments. At the end of the day to put this into perspective and end the arguement she was a rich lady who we suspect earned 250k and was worth 6m and you are still using financial issues as a reason for her suicide. Its a total non issue because she was rich and if thiers any actual mortgage trouble then it a sure sign they squandered the money and self inflicted a financial mess.

Also they were split under bail only but were still a couple am i right? Or did they fully split?

Back
Top Bottom