I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Associate
I would suggest Prusaprinters.org like everyone on my twitter feed, but honestly it doesn't have the files I going looking for, thingiverse will be good in a few days i'm sure.

Associate
I love having a decent heated bed, 100°C no issue for the Keenovo. Printing some 3dxtech iON ABS Nylon Alloy. New part cooling fan duct for the D-Bot coreXY.

Last edited:
Associate
Can somebody help me out with something please. I need to print the letters N S E W in 10mm height and attach them to a 3mm thick rod. (Weather vane)

My brain cannot come up with a way to print the letters and attach them to the rod without gluing? I think I'm over complicating things. Anyone able to suggest something ?

BTW im extremely new to 3D printing and modeling in 3D.

Associate
If you can do 3d modeling, then design with a hole to push the rod into, what type of plastic are you printing with?

Started 3d modeling about a 3 days ago lol. Printing with PLA. I tried doing the hole thing with the letter W and it didnt come out as planned. I'm trying to print the whole thing now in 1 print. Looks all okay in Cura preview, had to add supports but will report back in an hour.

Soldato
Added a BL Touch, a 1.15 board and a glass plate to my ener 3 pro. Took a while to get the z-offset dialed in, and for some reason it didn't like to print on my glass panel. Gone back to the magnetic sheet that came with it, and the prints are fanatastic.
Must have been something wrong with the extruder settings, or a plug not in correctly, as it was only extruding 40mm when I did the 100mm test. EVen after sorting that it was not printing properly. Used the latest version of Marlin 2.0.x.x, sorted out the BL Touch settings, and it was extruding bang on. Really strange, might have been a setting int he other firmware that I had messed up.
Thnking about buying the extension kit for the ender 3, or even making my own, which would be cheaper. Allow for bigger prints on the X and Y.

Maybe I should have just bought a bigger printer :)..

Associate
Added a BL Touch, a 1.15 board and a glass plate to my ener 3 pro. Took a while to get the z-offset dialed in, and for some reason it didn't like to print on my glass panel. Gone back to the magnetic sheet that came with it, and the prints are fanatastic.
Must have been something wrong with the extruder settings, or a plug not in correctly, as it was only extruding 40mm when I did the 100mm test. EVen after sorting that it was not printing properly. Used the latest version of Marlin 2.0.x.x, sorted out the BL Touch settings, and it was extruding bang on. Really strange, might have been a setting int he other firmware that I had messed up.
Thnking about buying the extension kit for the ender 3, or even making my own, which would be cheaper. Allow for bigger prints on the X and Y.

Maybe I should have just bought a bigger printer :)..

Did you follow any particular guide? My glass bed arrived today. I have SKR mini, BLTouch and BMG dual gear extruder on route too.

I'm going to fit 1 by 1 and test so I dont have to troubleshoot a million things at once.

Man of Honour
Glass bed takes a little getting used to, but as this point all I have to do is make sure its clean.

For PLA I bumped the bed temp 10-15 degrees compared to the textured build plate. PETG is a little more tricky and ended up bumping bed temps up about 25c to 85c. The occasional trouble some print needs a brim rather than a skirt

Soldato
Did you follow any particular guide? My glass bed arrived today. I have SKR mini, BLTouch and BMG dual gear extruder on route too.

I'm going to fit 1 by 1 and test so I dont have to troubleshoot a million things at once.

I used Marlin 2.0.0.5 firmware, just used a random site for the BL Touch settings. Minus pin 27 setting in the firmware which isn't needed anymore.

Glass bed takes a little getting used to, but as this point all I have to do is make sure its clean.

For PLA I bumped the bed temp 10-15 degrees compared to the textured build plate. PETG is a little more tricky and ended up bumping bed temps up about 25c to 85c. The occasional trouble some print needs a brim rather than a skirt
Funny thing is, my glass plate was way better than the mag plate that came with it, before I installed the BL Touch. Levelled the bed so many times, changed temps, cleaned it multiple times. Only thing I havent done is sort out the fade. The problem with the extrusion was the filament setting within the menus, for some reason when it is set to 1.75 it screws up the extrusion, I got a strange measurement of 2.35 for my e-steps. Turned that off, and my recalculated esteps was 101.

Oh, Silk PLA is just awesome to print with... Printing at 215/60 and it as smooth and shiney as anything...

Last edited:
Associate
So I've realized I forgot to update this thread, I decided to go with the Ender 5 Plus in the end. Bit of a jump in money but considering the bed is significantly bigger than the Ender 3 and it has a couple of extra features I was looking for I think it was a worthwhile purchase.

It has been printing constantly for the last 10 days and except for the first 3/4 prints where I didn't have the settings dialed in right, its printing great now.

Associate
So I have just bought an FLSUN QQ S pro delta its my first printer need something that didnt take up loads of desk space and build volume wise is more than big enough for what i want to do. Does anyone have any experience with this model of printer or deltas in particular. l have already decided my first print is going to be a modification to the printer itself as apparently the stock fan cooling vents arent angled enough to be effective so going to print off a couple that direct it closer nozzle.

Associate
So I have just bought an FLSUN QQ S pro delta its my first printer need something that didnt take up loads of desk space and build volume wise is more than big enough for what i want to do. Does anyone have any experience with this model of printer or deltas in particular. l have already decided my first print is going to be a modification to the printer itself as apparently the stock fan cooling vents arent angled enough to be effective so going to print off a couple that direct it closer nozzle.

Delta's can, if not set-up great be a pain in the rear. Leveling in particular. As for a duct upgrade, ideally it would need to be printed in a filament that can handle the heat of being near the hot end, so ABS but that in itself is a pain to print and it smells horrible.

Back
Top Bottom