I got me 3D printer, awesome!

Associate
After a week or so of running my FLsun QQs delta i'm very impressed it was easy to setup and get working consistently. After autoleveling i manually adjusted them a little and the prints have been very consistent and very quick thanks to being a delta. Think i'm gonna get hooked on this though already looking at the new ender 3 v2

Associate
After a week or so of running my FLsun QQs delta i'm very impressed it was easy to setup and get working consistently. After autoleveling i manually adjusted them a little and the prints have been very consistent and very quick thanks to being a delta. Think i'm gonna get hooked on this though already looking at the new ender 3 v2

It's easy to get hooked, I like playing with the hardware as well as printing, that's why I have so many printers, lol. 9 FDM printers and 2 resin, not all working/built but still they are here.

Associate
Would you recommend resin printing that seems to be becoming more affordable with the likes of the elegoo mars or would you say get fdm dialed in first and move to resin if you need more fine detail.

Associate
Would you recommend resin printing that seems to be becoming more affordable with the likes of the elegoo mars or would you say get fdm dialed in first and move to resin if you need more fine detail.

I have an Elegoo Mars and just got the Anycubic wash & cure station, although my setup is not in use currently as I'm making space for a move around.

I mean resin, printing is a totally different beast. It's messy, getting supports right is very important. I mean it comes down to what you want print and what detail. The quality from a resin printer is amazing but only really needed for miniatures.

Man of Honour
I bought one, broke it and am now building a home brew printer from scratch. This 3d printing lark is properly addictive!

To be fair the one I bought was one of these cheap chinese Prusa i3 clones and that taught me more than enough to get me on my way. £75 to learn all about it and try seems not bad.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Got a new board today - Its a geeetech GT2560 rev A+ board that im playing about with. Seems a nice board so far, doesn't like the cheap 2004a lcd I have at the moment which has the analogue buttons but have a new lcd on the way to test it properly:

Have put the latest Marlin on it directly over USB and added BL Touch and some changed adjustments for the rods im planning on using etc so no problems there. Still waiting on drivers and am going for a mix of drv8825 and a4988 and am also waiting for the rest of the bits to finish up the build :)

Associate
Got a new board today - Its a geeetech GT2560 rev A+ board that im playing about with. Seems a nice board so far, doesn't like the cheap 2004a lcd I have at the moment which has the analogue buttons but have a new lcd on the way to test it properly:

Have put the latest Marlin on it directly over USB and added BL Touch and some changed adjustments for the rods im planning on using etc so no problems there. Still waiting on drivers and am going for a mix of drv8825 and a4988 and am also waiting for the rest of the bits to finish up the build :)

Have you tried using virtual Studio Code for Marlin, it's a nice interface.

Man of Honour
Have you tried using virtual Studio Code for Marlin, it's a nice interface.

I haven't I only got into this 3d printing stuff a few weeks ago with a cheap i3 clone from ebay that was £75. I printed on it for a week solid, blew a stepper motor driver and am waiting for a new board for that machine. In the meantime I have decided to build my own machine from scratch using either this board or one of the others I went and bought. I dunno what one is best but am on a bit of a mission to find out.

Associate
I haven't I only got into this 3d printing stuff a few weeks ago with a cheap i3 clone from ebay that was £75. I printed on it for a week solid, blew a stepper motor driver and am waiting for a new board for that machine. In the meantime I have decided to build my own machine from scratch using either this board or one of the others I went and bought. I dunno what one is best but am on a bit of a mission to find out.

Oh ok cool, when you say your building a printer from scratch are you designing all the parts or...?

Man of Honour
Oh ok cool, when you say your building a printer from scratch are you designing all the parts or...?

I've put a load of stuff together in cad yes. I'll be using mostly v-slot 2020 for the frame but I haven't finished the design I want entirely yet. A lot of it will need to be printed on my current printer so things like motor mounts, an adapter for the bed im using as the rail bracket im using doesn't match up, you know that kind of stuff. Some of the stuff I can take from thingiverse and remix such as the 2020 motor mounts that already exist.

It's just a project to waste time and build something cool :)

Associate
I've put a load of stuff together in cad yes. I'll be using mostly v-slot 2020 for the frame but I haven't finished the design I want entirely yet. A lot of it will need to be printed on my current printer so things like motor mounts, an adapter for the bed im using as the rail bracket im using doesn't match up, you know that kind of stuff.

Cool, please share your progress in the thread. I can't do the designing stuff, but love building printers from kits.

I printed and build my CoreXY and that's been modded far away from stock.

If you need any help with firmware/software side of things let me know.

Man of Honour
Cool, please share your progress in the thread. I can't do the designing stuff, but love building printers from kits.

I printed and build my CoreXY and that's been modded far away for stock.

If you need any help with firmware/software side of things let me know.

Ill put occasional updates in here. I am also doing a build thread off the back of another project thread I was doing here:

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/t...d-build-changes-to-3d-printer-build.18879975/

I think the foray into 3d printing starts on about page 15 (small size pages) or so and you can follow the destruction of my current printer as well as some of my early designs for my printer. Initially I was going to do my own build with mostly rods until I discovered extrusion and wheels.

Associate
So I've decided to start making YouTube videos again and released a new one today. It's just a quick update on my printers and the future of my channel, if you have any suggestions or requests for videos let me know in the comments.

Oh and hit that subscribe button, please ;).

Man of Honour
So I've decided to start making YouTube videos again and released a new one today. It's just a quick update on my printers and the future of my channel, if you have any suggestions or requests for videos let me know in the comments.

Oh and hit that subscribe button, please ;).

I watched it and that's quite a few printers :) I would happily watch some more. Given I am a massive noob just anything 3d print etc related is interesting to me :)

Back
Top Bottom