What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Can't afford to get the new turbo now. Looking to get about 40-50 extra BHP just now and get a platform for a turbo maybe next year that will bolt on.

Man of Honour
Take a guess :o

20200516_151735.jpg

Man of Honour
I have BMW 12v air pump that's part of the car but getting it out the boot, unwrapping it, connecting it, faffing with the analogue gauge then double checking it with the digital gauge after overpumping then dropping the psi to the needed number is extra faff I'm willing to pay 50p to avoid and use the petrol station pump that's brand new and calibrated :p

Plus it gets the car out so there is that :cool:

Soldato
Serviced my partner's Panda which I've done before.

Changed the brake fluid which was new to me

Sheared a nipple (on rear drum luckily) so I guess I'll soon be learning how to change a wheel cylinder too.

Soldato
I have BMW 12v air pump that's part of the car but getting it out the boot, unwrapping it, connecting it, faffing with the analogue gauge then double checking it with the digital gauge after overpumping then dropping the psi to the needed number is extra faff I'm willing to pay 50p to avoid and use the petrol station pump that's brand new and calibrated :p

Plus it gets the car out so there is that :cool:
You should get a cordless digital one. The only thing then is making sure it’s charged

Associate
49905106866_dc262ef408_c.jpg

Replaced stock turbo inlet hose and bypass valve hose for Mishimoto/Corksport alternatives. Turbo spools so much smoother, feels like it isn't working as hard, while still being rapido.

Soldato
Changed the ac pump coil. Sensible people would just buy a new pump. Nope not me :rolleyes:
I probably spent a good 7 or 8 hours on that job.
Tbf dismantling the beat up ebay pump took most of that, im sure that would have a story if it could talk, I've dealt with beat up old tractors that had less damage/corrosion than that.

Back
Top Bottom