McDonald's and sheeple

Soldato
This "sheeple" thing is getting a bit overused. How many kool kids can you fit on the back seat of this bus we call society? Everyone thinks they're different because their too clever by half these days.

The mile long queues at McDonalds etc.. is more about celebrating a little step toward normality than it is about culinary experience.

Caporegime
This "sheeple" thing is getting a bit overused. How many kool kids can you fit on the back seat of this bus we call society? Everyone thinks they're different because their too clever by half these days.

The mile long queues at McDonalds etc.. is more about celebrating a little step toward normality than it is about culinary experience.
According to this forum, anyone who eats McDonald’s or uses an iPad or iPhone is a sheeple.

Soldato
OP
^^ iPad / iPhone users is a good example but I wasn't having a go at them. I was taking a swipe at the fact that some people are more docile and perhaps a bit gullible. It's a mindset where they more easily conform to the press/establishment e.g. the paracetamol / pasta panic buying pre-lockdown, and also big corporations e.g. the recent reopening of McD and KFC. The slang word derives from herd behaviour. The opposite of this is people avoiding these situations, like me going to a themepark when it's less busy. The disadvantage of this, using the panic buying example again, is that when I was doing my normal scheduled shopping pre-lockdown, a lot of items were missing because most shoppers zerg rushed in before me and the other shoppers.

Soldato

*they're

Silly sheeple

Soldato
^^ iPad / iPhone users is a good example but I wasn't having a go at them. I was taking a swipe at the fact that some people are more docile and perhaps a bit gullible. It's a mindset where they more easily conform to the press/establishment e.g. the paracetamol / pasta panic buying pre-lockdown, and also big corporations e.g. the recent reopening of McD and KFC. The slang word derives from herd behaviour. The opposite of this is people avoiding these situations, like me going to a themepark when it's less busy. The disadvantage of this, using the panic buying example again, is that when I was doing my normal scheduled shopping pre-lockdown, a lot of items were missing because most shoppers zerg rushed in before me and the other shoppers.
This is incredible drivel. Top marks!

Man of Honour
@Pawnless Endgame themepark nut you say? I was due to go to Holiday World, Kings Island, Dollywood, Carowinds, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Kings Doninion, Six Flags Great Adventure, Hersheypark, Kennywood and Cedar Point in August!!! ****ing pandemic!!!! :( :( :(

Soldato
Hadn't realised Mcdonalds employees don't have to wear a face mask during food prep ... according to BBC Question time ...
there had been an earlier discussion, here, that virus's on foods eg pizzas. would be killed during cooking ...
but nonetheless I though it was mandated now.

Soldato
Got to be sausage, or the wrap. Nothing else will do.
Their bacon is utter fail... like plastic.

Sausage & Egg McMuffin, now you're talking.

I did try to make my own a while back when I grabbed a ******** of sausage meat from Sainsbury's (yellow stickered all the way down to 10p a pack). Used a cooking ring to ensure the patty and the egg were uniform in size for the muffin. They worked out OK.

Soldato
This is incredible drivel. Top marks!

He's right though. What he's said has actually been backed up by scientific studies.

You have two burger vans at a festival. The one on the right is a headed up by a secret michellin star chef, the one on the left is using the cheapest lowest grade ingredients you can find cooked by a man who's never worked in a burger van before.
Then you get 50 actors to form a queue at the left hand side van.

Guess where people generally navigate towards.

People assume the masses know something they don't.

The day before lockdown the mcdonalds drive through near me had a queue of cars tailing back right round the shopping centre, back onto the main road and all the way down to the bypass roundabout. It was well over an hours queue, if not more. You see a few cars queue, then more, then more, it's because people love joining in. There will be some of those people waiting who don't really like mcdonalds, or certainly wasn't planning on having one.

Soldato
Sausage & Egg McMuffin, now you're talking.

I did try to make my own a while back when I grabbed a ******** of sausage meat from Sainsbury's (yellow stickered all the way down to 10p a pack). Used a cooking ring to ensure the patty and the egg were uniform in size for the muffin. They worked out OK.
I would normally never buy a Rustlers, but I saw they did a sausage muffin and thought I would try it. I made a fried egg in a ring, toasted the muffin, microwaved the sausage and it was actually really good!

Back
Top Bottom