LG 48CX OLED - 4K 120 Hz

Associate
Just spoke to one of there advisors on FB to check on my order and he said they have stock coming in on the 9th ( tomorrow ) so I should get my delivery details in the next day or two.

jkfHQdq
Nice 1 mate :)

Soldato
Nope 2000-series and 1660's only afaik.

That's a pity. I don't intend to buy a 3000 series Nvidia card as they've price gouged the 2000 series to oblivion without the Covid excuse, so who knows how badly they'll gouge the 3000 series.

I've had my eye on one of these screens for a while so just need to see if I can convince myself it's worth it for general viewing/movies/Netflix. :)

Caporegime
That's a pity. I don't intend to buy a 3000 series Nvidia card as they've price gouged the 2000 series to oblivion without the Covid excuse, so who knows how badly they'll gouge the 3000 series.

I've had my eye on one of these screens for a while so just need to see if I can convince myself it's worth it for general viewing/movies/Netflix. :)

Once you go OLED you never want to go back to IPS/VA.

Soldato
Once you go OLED you never want to go back to IPS/VA.

It's inevitable that I'll buy one :p

I don't want to buy from Curry's and have sent Richer Sounds a query to see if they are due any stock soon. If not, hopefully John Lewis get some in.

I'm still disappointed in the lack of gsync, it might hold me back at that price point.

Associate
OP
Soldato
That happened to me as well when I tried to add the care plan and pay for the care plan monthly, I added it as a lump sum for the 5 years and it let me order and pay for the TV. Normally I wouldn't bother but I've had 2 new screens in my other OLEDS from them due to burn in :/ so thought better had

I just noticed that the Curry's product page lists this as having a 5 year guarantee. Why would you pay a further £200 for a 5 year care plan? It doesn't cover accidental or cosmetic damage?

I'm not asking in a "why are you so stupid" context; I was intending to hold out for Richer Sounds 6 year warranty, but if Curry's do 5 years then I could settle for that unless I'm missing something that's worth the extra £200.

Soldato
Just another crappy LCD panel with PWM flickering brightness control and image quality that turns to garbage in low-lag game mode. No idea why anyone would even consider something like that when the 48CX is out.

My post was just pointing out that SAMSUNG are trying to enter LG's market. That is all.

I wouldn't buy one, same as I wouldn't 'yet' by an OLED only to have to turn down the resolution to 1440 currently to use high refresh, AND then have to spend another £1000 to get a new HDMI card to run 4k 120hz...which aren't out yet. Pay +£1000 for a panel you have to turn down the resolution at 120hz just for blackest blacks?

Associate
I just noticed that the Curry's product page lists this as having a 5 year guarantee. Why would you pay a further £200 for a 5 year care plan? It doesn't cover accidental or cosmetic damage?

I'm not asking in a "why are you so stupid" context; I was intending to hold out for Richer Sounds 6 year warranty, but if Curry's do 5 years then I could settle for that unless I'm missing something that's worth the extra £200.

They shafted me in the past with my first OLED saying that screen burn wasn't covered in the 5 year guarantee , but I've had a new screen fitted on the care plan to repair screen burn-in another OLED in the past :)

Associate
Thanks for the additional info. As always with a big purchase like this, I'll research it to oblivion. :p

No worries at all buddy. I'm hoping with careful management screen burn wont be an issue with this one.

Will be using Wallpaper Engine for the wallpaper so no static image, hiding the taskbar when not in use as well and also turning on that new logo hiding feature so fingers crossed will be OK :)

Associate
Im guessing you used an earlier oled as a monitor ?

Nope just as a normal TV. The first time I had a picture of Peppa pig burnt in, that was fun. Second time not sure how but it was the Netflix splash screen, not even sure how that was possible.

The second one was a curved 3D OLED screen and they had to replace it with a curved OLED as they had stopped producing 3D.

Think I've just had bad luck, both early models though.

Associate
Nope just as a normal TV. The first time I had a picture of Peppa pig burnt in, that was fun. Second time not sure how but it was the Netflix splash screen, not even sure how that was possible.

The second one was a curved 3D OLED screen and they had to replace it with a curved OLED as they had stopped producing 3D.

Think I've just had bad luck, both early models though.

It does scare me though but I did a lot of reading and its tended to be the earlier models but you never can tell.

Associate
I do think on Thursday when the PS5 Live streams that could lead to sales of this TV even more. I know many people have bought the 2019 samsung Q90R tvs as they are on offer but they don't have HDMI 2.1 . Even the new samsung Qled TVs 2020 only have 1 HDMI 2.1 and the rest are normal. I can imagine a lot of buyers remorse depending on what they say.

Back
Top Bottom