• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Associate
@TNA
You upgrading to Zen 3 Shac? I guess it’s the only way you will beat my score in the cinebench thread without upping the volts? :p;):D

Ah well you see i could disable the second CCD and just use the fastest one to reduce temps that may do it.....

But then again i cant be asked to do it atm. Jobs to do around the house to stop the missus chuntering.
And you know what its like once you start it becomes a time sink!

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
@TNA

Ah well you see i could disable the second CCD and just use the fastest one to reduce temps that may do it.....

But then again i cant be asked to do it atm. Jobs to do around the house to stop the missus chuntering.
And you know what its like once you start it becomes a time sink!

Yeah I know what you mean. I am sure you could beat it. I just enjoy teasing you about it. The thought of you blowing up your CPU trying is funny, well won't be funny if it happens but you know what I mean :D

Caporegime
what nice light up ram you have, what type is that?

Its the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro. :)

There's no way a 3700x with an aio will be loading at 44c. Tack about 25-30c onto that and it's more likely.

Well ive never seen it go above 44 yet, and thats well after an hrs gaming, unless iCUEs reading the temps wrong. :p

I was surprised it was so low myself.

Last edited:
Associate
@Richdog

By all means chase those marginally lower CPU temps, it's your right and your money, but lets not pretend is has any particularly worthwhile actual benefit.

Please do not assume i am promoting this for others as a must buy. I simply replied that I have one sitting on my desk waiting to be fitted.
Besides which if I or any others wish to spend money trying to maximise performance for our computers then that is for us to decide if its worthwhile.

On Ryzen every 10°c temp reduction increases cpu frequencies.

Associate
@TNA
I know what you mean i enjoy teasing you with MOAH VOLTS!
And yes if I did blow it the first reaction would be cussing but I would soon grin at my stupidity :)

Soldato
Its the Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro. :)

Well ive never seen it go above 44 yet, and thats well after an hrs gaming, unless iCUEs reading the temps wrong. :p

I was surprised it was so low myself.

Could be wrong but I think iCUE reads the coolant temp? Also have a H100i. I can't run Ryzen master to check as it throws a fit a vitualisation being enabled and I need Hyper-V :rolleyes: HWMonitor shows my package temp at 38c and iCUE reads 30.5c

Caporegime
Besides which if I or any others wish to spend money trying to maximise performance for our computers then that is for us to decide if its worthwhile.
Well yeah... that's exactly what I said. I was talking about the actual practical benefits of chasing that extra couple of degree though. :)

Caporegime
I am keen to to get to grips with Ryzen 3000 oc'ing so ran some tests yesterday at stock. My highest boost clock looks to be a shade under 4.4, and all core around ~4.0. However I seemed to notice some throttling yesterday. R20 wouldn't really push temps beyond 60C so I switched to Prime95 which settled on a similar temp for a while, but eventually climbed to ~66C. Once it got to that though, the clock dropped to around 3.8 on all cores. I know Ryzen is big on cooling and thermal performance but I presumed the temps at which it would do this might be higher, 65C doesn't seem that hot (Kraken X52).

Caporegime
I am keen to to get to grips with Ryzen 3000 oc'ing so ran some tests yesterday at stock. My highest boost clock looks to be a shade under 4.4, and all core around ~4.0. However I seemed to notice some throttling yesterday. R20 wouldn't really push temps beyond 60C so I switched to Prime95 which settled on a similar temp for a while, but eventually climbed to ~66C. Once it got to that though, the clock dropped to around 3.8 on all cores. I know Ryzen is big on cooling and thermal performance but I presumed the temps at which it would do this might be higher, 65C doesn't seem that hot (Kraken X52).
Are you sure that your temps are being accurately reported?

Soldato
I see Asus are keeping to their normal low, low prices. :p

ASUS ROG STRIX AMD B450-E GAMING ATX Motherboard - £139.99
ASUS ROG STRIX AMD B550-E GAMING ATX Motherboard - £259.99

Entry level chipset, at Crosshair pricing.

Back
Top Bottom