• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Caporegime
OP
Off topic I know but what do you do now ?
A few things Pete, now a Tech support engineer.

I create FAQs, knowledge based articles (some of the stuff found here) L2/3 tech support (via service request on the amd website and the AMD Support forums).

I stopped being the official AMD community manager of OcuK back in May 2015.

I visit here as a user now not as a rep of AMD so anyone looking to report issues should do it through the official channels.

Caporegime

I create FAQs, knowledge based articles (some of the stuff found here) L2/3 tech support (via service request on the amd website and the AMD Support forums).

I visit here as a user now not as a rep of AMD so anyone looking to report issues should do it through the official channels.

AMD on are their way up and up and.... We need a new forum rep. :)

Caporegime
Not my call unfortunately. :)

How are you getting on with your Asrock 5700 XT bug? I'm betting it's no 7870 is it.

In performance terms its everything i wanted, its really quick and the power efficiency is pretty good too, ASRock could have done a much better job on its cooler tho, its not a cooler for a card of its calibre, i have to work on keeping it within reasonable temps and i know what i'm doing.

The Navi GPU its self is very good i like it.

I have had problem with the drivers, it freezing and even BSOD very occasionally when loading Youtube, and the Image quality for recording is frankly not comparable to the image quality on the GTX 1070 it replaced, i'm using Mirillis Action to get that quality but i'm using AMD's encoder... so it can do it, it just doesn't, AMD recording software need work on the image quality.

As for the new software UI and features... love it, Nvidia could learn a lot from it, their software is ridiculously dated in comparison.

I made a detailed bug report about the freezing / black screen / BSOD issues....

Some constructive feedback i hope :)

Soldato
Np. Hope it helped a bit.

Also check monitor drivers, dunno if i said that, if official crashes try the generic windows one, helped me with freesync to work at least. Also refresh rates, also if ur mb is using pcie4 try pcie 3 setting, some say it might help if u get more crashing.

Caporegime
Np. Hope it helped a bit.

Also check monitor drivers, dunno if i said that, if official crashes try the generic windows one, helped me with freesync to work at least. Also refresh rates, also if ur mb is using pcie4 try pcie 3 setting, some say it might help if u get more crashing.

You did, i never install Monitor Drivers, just use the generic windows ones, Motherboard is PCIe 3 only.

Soldato
I've gone back to the March 19th I think they are... the 20.3.1 drivers... both the 20.4 and 20.5 both cause problems with a white screen during gameplay and dropping out 2 of my 3 DP monitors... now I've gone back to these 20.3.1, nothing and solid as a rock. So, I won't bother upgrading drivers as I don't necessarily use the latest and greatest games so, if it ain't broke don't fix.

Soldato
Anyone have Doom 2016?

In Vulkan mode, its fine in OpenGL mode.

https://youtu.be/Mfrev0drkRw?t=100

Could be a setting causing it in gfx options, ive read changing aa to SMAA (1TX) may help. Maybe go through em to try find one causing it. If its not the aa options. Try directional occlusion to off also. Try different modes like windowed or the other ones, could be vsync issues.

Last edited:
Soldato

Nice, was that a choice in job roles or more of a promotion thing, Just being nosey :)

Tell ya boss you're getting flak for deserting us OCUKers :D

Caporegime
I think I've found the problem with your 5700xt woes

:D

lol.....

Could be a setting causing it in gfx options, ive read changing aa to SMAA (1TX) may help. Maybe go through em to try find one causing it. If its not the aa options. Try directional occlusion to off also. Try different modes like windowed or the other ones, could be vsync issues.

I'll try that.

Back
Top Bottom