• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Associate
Anyone having any issues with micro stuttering?
Using a Vega 64 Nitro+ and have noticed since the new drivers that games feel jerky.
Frames are locked pretty much at 60 fps. Could be a frame time issue but never dealt with something like this before

Soldato
anyone else noticed on the 20.5.1 enhanced sync causes black screens on vega, spent all day narrowing it down and I've finally figured out disabling enhanced sync stops it!!
Gonna give it a go. 20.5.1 has been working well on my Vega 64 so fare but I don't really use any of the features like enhance sync, chill, and so on.

Associate
anyone else noticed on the 20.5.1 enhanced sync causes black screens on vega, spent all day narrowing it down and ive finally figured out disabling enhanced sync stops it!!

It's been in the release notes under 'Know Issues' for a while now.

Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.

Associate
It's been in the release notes under 'Know Issues' for a while now.

Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.

oops missed that one, i saw the other black screen note. will pay more attention next time thanks!

Associate
Is it just me or are AMD very slow at updating their drivers at the moment.

20.4.2 were released 26th May
20.5.1 were released 10th June (Non-WHQL)

On the other hand NVIDIA seem to get updated drivers on a weekly or two weekly basis.

Soldato
I think there sorting or testing more cos of the new windows os update that came out not long ago. As we dont want the fiasco again of bad drivers like when 2020 drivers showed up cos of the new interface. Rather them test em more instead of new releases as 20.4.2 whql seem to be fine for most ppl atm. So no rush.

Soldato
Yeah Im in favour of if it aint gonna be stable - dont release it! Do nvidia really release them every week or bi-weekly? Cant imagine that either.
100% agree on this one. Personally I think the last two releases haven't been upto much and now back at March which is so solid it's untrue. Personally drivers should be fixing things, not creating new issues, we just seem to rob peter to pay paul lol.

My personal advice to anyone is, once you find a stable set, stick with them if they run all your games perfectly or do what you need them to do... I used to always be the first to upgrade, problem with that is, you get all the bugs!

Soldato
20.5.1 has been fine for me so far. Not sure why video profiles no longer work with firefox but work fine in internet explorer when watching youtube videos. Some insight in the release notes would be appreciated.

Soldato
Yeah Im in favour of if it aint gonna be stable - dont release it! Do nvidia really release them every week or bi-weekly? Cant imagine that either.
100% agree on this one. Personally I think the last two releases haven't been upto much and now back at March which is so solid it's untrue. Personally drivers should be fixing things, not creating new issues, we just seem to rob peter to pay paul lol.

My personal advice to anyone is, once you find a stable set, stick with them if they run all your games perfectly or do what you need them to do... I used to always be the first to upgrade, problem with that is, you get all the bugs!

I understand where you are both coming from as I certainly would prefer stable, bug-free drivers myself. However, you don't have to go back that many years where AMD would get hammered for not releasing a driver every 2 weeks to a month. So, in the end, you just cannot satisfy everyone. But on a personal level, I'm in the same boat as you. I would prefer a 100% stable driver. That said, I haven't had any issues with the last few so I'm golden.

Caporegime
Anyone having any issues with micro stuttering?
Using a Vega 64 Nitro+ and have noticed since the new drivers that games feel jerky.
Frames are locked pretty much at 60 fps. Could be a frame time issue but never dealt with something like this before

Only if i'm recording or have the pre-record reply feature on......

I know i keep going on about this but i do a lot of recording, or used to. it does this in all games, even Warframe for goodness sake.... but its worst in Star Citizen.

Just fix this please.

Caporegime
You using obs or streamlabs, as wouldnt use stuff from a driver to capture games clips tbh.

Mirillis Action, that was ok but even that is now not anymore.... there is a lot about this online, it seems to be when there's high GPU load, sudden changes in texture streaming or FPS.

The above video is the worst example, its a very hardware intensive game but there is a small amount of it in many other games.

Look at this #### https://youtu.be/XxL8QxgHCPY?t=190

Back
Top Bottom