*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Caporegime
Injustice: Gods Among Us Ultimate Edition is free on Steam (and PS4)
I have no idea how people find the freebies on Steam.

I've just gone through the whole store, and Injustice doesn't show up anywhere expect if you specifically search for that title.

So it's not in the specials section, it's not in the free games section, it doesn't show up when you search by price range (etc).

Literally the only way to find it is if you search for its name.

So how on Earth do people find these giveaways on Steam? On GOG they advertise it. On Steam, they literally do their best to hide such offers.

Soldato

I've just gone through the whole store, and Injustice doesn't show up anywhere expect if you specifically search for that title.

So it's not in the specials section, it's not in the free games section, it doesn't show up when you search by price range (etc).

So how on Earth do people find these giveaways on Steam? On GOG they advertise it. On Steam, they literally do their best to hide such offers.

Though it was discovered before this. People must have searched Steam because the Xbox 360 version went free. How was the Xbox 360 version found? I have no idea.

Soldato

You prompted me to start a thread I was thinking about posting - https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/where-to-find-free-games-and-deals.18890902/

Sites that help notify about game deals
  • SteamDB - https://steamdb.info/sales/ (This is a good one - bookmark it and sort the games by discount in descending order, and it helps identify free or heavily discounted Steam games)

Associate
Pillars of Eternity is a fantastic game, especially if you liked Baldur's gate etc. Absolutely love it.

I don't have White March I and II, so I'll be picking this up, thank you!!
Yep. I'll be honest I really enjoy Pillars of Eternity, along with Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, however I don't think I've ever finished one as I find it hard to keep pace on them. Either play too much and burn out on them, or play too little and forget what was going on so re-roll. I enjoy them all while I am playing them though and for under £6 it's well worth it IMO.

Soldato
Yep. I'll be honest I really enjoy Pillars of Eternity, along with Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale, however I don't think I've ever finished one as I find it hard to keep pace on them. Either play too much and burn out on them, or play too little and forget what was going on so re-roll. I enjoy them all while I am playing them though and for under £6 it's well worth it IMO.

Very true. I'm one for story over gruelling difficulty, so I play on Easy. Recently bumped up to normal and even though my characters are level 10, it's incredibly gruelling.

Gave up in a huff tonight, going to see if the main quest is any easier.

Associate
As part of the ongoing steam sales following are discounted (among others):
The Turing test - £2.24
Firewatch - £3.74

No mans sky @Cdkeys - £12.99
Nier Automata @Cdkeys - £8.99

Back
Top Bottom