1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*** PC Gaming - Daily Deals Thread ***

Discussion in 'PC Games' started by ThundyCat, Jan 10, 2014.

1. FoxEye

Capodecina

If it's anything like Icewind Dale (I played IWD2), then there are builds that work and make things easy, and builds that suck horribly and are a slog from the word "go". If it's anything like IWD2 :p

I've been meaning to pick this up at some point, regardless.

2. WantoN

Capodecina

That's very much the case mate yes. I tried to loosely follow some guides. The general premise though, is that levelling custom characters rather than story mode one's is more effective. Fortunately you can re-roll, so I may need to do so.

The combat itself is also very unforgiving, you need to combine debuffs with specific attacks and damage types, and I just don't have the sort of time to dedicate to understand the mechanics properly. I'm a drop in, drop out kinda guy these days. The times of dumping hundreds or thousands of hours into a game are behind me.

It's all excellently done with a really fab storyline and side quests, it's very much an ode to the old games of the genre, and the The White March is specifically a nod to Icewind Dale. I think you'd love it. A fiver for all the DLC is disgustingly good, especially as the DLC is hefty, and sell for £15ish each.

Very much recommend it.

3. mark43

Mobster

CDKeys currently have 10% off a £50 steam wallet top-up (UK only), so £45 for a £50 card. Useful for anyone picking up stuff in the steam sale.

4. .Lethal

Soldato

Bookmark https://steamdb.info/upcoming/free/ An easier link to view free games than the one suggested to you earlier.

5. koooowweeee

Soldato

If you use code PayPal 2020 you get 90p off as well.

According to HDUK

6. bigmike20vt

Wise Guy

Don't forget topcashback!.

I am not 100% sure it would work but a voice is telling me to get 19 of these codes and save over £100 on a valve index. My more sensible head is telling me to wait and see how good reverb G2 is and see if oculus announce anything at connect tho.

7. Kautya

Gangster

8. Daytrader

Mobster

Thx for that link, is that free to keep or can it be just like a free to play for a few days or week ? cheers

9. .Lethal

Soldato

Both. They'll say "Keep" under type if it's permanent and/or weekend x days if it's tempoary.

10. Daytrader

Mobster

Ah ok, cheers

11. Raz

Mobster

Witcher 3 GOTY edition is £8.99 on CDKeys at the moment.

12. Unseul

Hitman

Been wondering whether or not to finally pick this up. That price convinced me.

EDIT - Keyboard and mouse, or controller?

13. Raz

Mobster

I'm using kb and m and it works great.

14. Kelt

Capodecina

Controller all the way.

15. Unseul

Hitman

I played shadow of war and batman games with controller, found it much more easy to string together combos and react. Similar play style?

16. Kelt

Capodecina

I guess so.

I just prefer these type of games with a controller.

I even play SWBF2 with one, though not PVP, I get owned, as I should! :p

I tried it with a m/kb and I've lost whatever skills i had with them (used to play a lot of COD UO and CODMW back in the day).

Plus the game was designed around one anyway.

17. Unseul

Hitman

Sounds like controller then. I've tried the more precise games using keyboard and mouse, and I struggle with the finger dexterity to hit the right buttons on the mouse in a hurry :D.

18. Tupro

Wise Guy

its down to personal preference really, i tried with a controller and just couldnt get used to it for aiming/looking around.. however using abilites and melee combat was much easier with a controller

your in for a treat whichever one you use, Witcher 3 is an amazing game

19. Unseul

Hitman

It's a bit weird getting used to the movement and looking around with the controller atm, but I'm already finding myself making wide use of multiple attacks, dodges etc, so I think I'm going to stick with it for now.

20. arc@css

Caporegime

Picked up Trackmania for free on Epic.