******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
Earth will be in the game by the way at some point

900 years in the future at least they don't need to clone the real earth, other than a few key landmarks it will probably look more like ArcCorp than any earth we would recognize. :)

The Star Citizen universe is at a 1:10 scale as real sized planets are just too big to fit in, even with 64Bit precision, Jupiter has a 70,000KM radius, (140,000KM diameter) so its width is about 3X the distance from Port Olisar to Yela.

Hurston, ArcCorp and MicoTech are actually super earths, in the real universe ArcCorp is 16,000KM wide, MicroTech and Hurston 20,000KM wide, that's about as wide as rocky planets get in the real universe, even earth at 12,742KM Wide is on the large side.

Soldato
900 years in the future at least they don't need to clone the real earth, other than a few key landmarks it will probably look more like ArcCorp than any earth we would recognize. :)

The Star Citizen universe is at a 1:10 scale as real sized planets are just too big to fit in, even with 64Bit precision, Jupiter has a 70,000KM radius, (140,000KM diameter) so its width is about 3X the distance from Port Olisar to Yela.

Hurston, ArcCorp and MicoTech are actually super earths, in the real universe ArcCorp is 16,000KM wide, MicroTech and Hurston 20,000KM wide, that's about as wide as rocky planets get in the real universe, even earth at 12,742KM Wide is on the large side.
Maybe a scaled down version of it or when server meshing and full object container stream is there, we will see larger size planets

Soldato
I'm looking forward to the flight changes and some of the UI building block work... I'm playing hte tech demo a lot more now; trading to get better stuff and then going out and killing to get more stuff, doing missions cos I lost all my stuff and then getting shot for going somewhere dodgy. As long as CIG introduce PU narratives; storys and objectives for the universe such as the ebb and flow of wars, corp disuputes then the game will be 'alive' and give more opporunity for SQ42 outcomes to influence the PU

Back
Top Bottom