******Official Star Citizen / Squadron 42 Thread******

Caporegime
o nsap i was going to ask u something about the attaching a gimbal to the head of the 325..

i simply cant. i got the size 3 gimbal from the same one in your video and tried to attach it to the nose of the 325 and it wont let me select it?!?!?

it says on the dps calculator you can put a size gimbal on the nose?!?!?

Size 4, you need a Size 4 Gimbal for the chin mount, once the size 4 gimbal is attached you can attach a size 3 gun to the gimbal, look closely at the video :)

Caporegime
Size 4, you need a Size 4 Gimbal for the chin mount, once the size 4 gimbal is attached you can attach a size 3 gun to the gimbal, look closely at the video :)

I should add the 325A has a size 4 chin mount, this is different to all other 300 series ships, the rest are all size 3, dps calculator may not know that, you need a size 4 gimbal for the chin of the 325A.

Associate
Please excuse the hitching, recording on AMD GPU's is not a nice experience....... that's whats causing it.

Attaching gimbals and guns, choosing the right ones is key, the Put....Put....Put.....Put ones are not good for high shield capacity ships.
------------

What you need is some Pew....Pew....Pew.... and BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD. in this case a Gimballed Panther Repeater under the chin and a couple of Gimballed Mantis GT215's under the wings.

The cutlass is not too bad, the Mantis cannons makes Mince Meat of them pretty quickly, get rid of them first. The Valkyrie is a tough nut to crack, don't allow her to hit you more than once, she is fat and doesn't turn well but the 325A has good lateral thrusters, use them to stay out of the Valkery's firing ark, the Panther Repeater will slowly peck away at her shields, Don't relent, if you allow them to recharge you have to start again... once they are gone the armour is thin and the Mantis will slice up the hull.

Keep your eye on your shields, that's where the 325A is lacking, she also has paper wings, as you can see in the first video... when the shields get low get out of there and allow them to recharge before going back in.

PS: Changed the colour of my ship. Again! Pearl white this time, not sure i like it...

Hey Humbug, so last time I played a space shooter was I-War2. Just wondering if some of the flight mechanics from that game are in this?

• Can you control your thrusters so the ship will slide to the left, right, up or down independently of your normal movement? So basically you can keep a rough heading but slide along the x/y axis.
  • Can you stop your ship bringing your speed to 0 if no thrust being applied? I can't remember what it was called in i-war but basically like turning off the computer in a car and stopping your abs/traction control. So basically could you go to max speed, kill your engine and then orientate your ship which ever way you like while keeping the original heading and speed? Allow you to strafe a large target with lasers or what have you. You could then fire up the engines and it'll start thrusting whatever way you were pointing. As soon as you turn the computer back on it'll try to bring you to a halt.
  • Guessing if the above was possible sublight speeds are capped to stop someone accelerating for 10 minutes and zipping through an area at ludicrous speed?
  • On targeting, can you see a list of ships in the area on your hud and are they marked as friend/foe etc? Couldn't see it on your vid above?
Looking forward to giving this a whirl once I get a joystick but while watching the vid felt I'd really be wanting to pull those manoeuvres above!

Caporegime
Hey Humbug, so last time I played a space shooter was I-War2. Just wondering if some of the flight mechanics from that game are in this?

• Can you control your thrusters so the ship will slide to the left, right, up or down independently of your normal movement? So basically you can keep a rough heading but slide along the x/y axis.
  • Can you stop your ship bringing your speed to 0 if no thrust being applied? I can't remember what it was called in i-war but basically like turning off the computer in a car and stopping your abs/traction control. So basically could you go to max speed, kill your engine and then orientate your ship which ever way you like while keeping the original heading and speed? Allow you to strafe a large target with lasers or what have you. You could then fire up the engines and it'll start thrusting whatever way you were pointing. As soon as you turn the computer back on it'll try to bring you to a halt.
  • Guessing if the above was possible sublight speeds are capped to stop someone accelerating for 10 minutes and zipping through an area at ludicrous speed?
  • On targeting, can you see a list of ships in the area on your hud and are they marked as friend/foe etc? Couldn't see it on your vid above?
Looking forward to giving this a whirl once I get a joystick but while watching the vid felt I'd really be wanting to pull those manoeuvres above!

Can you control your thrusters so the ship will slide to the left, right, up or down independently of your normal movement? So basically you can keep a rough heading but slide along the x/y axis.
You can use left / right / up /down thrusters to travel in those directions without pointing the nose that way, you can use it to keep the nose pointed at a target while moving in a different direction. So use the keyboard to control movement and the mouse to control which way you are facing but there will always be some thrust from the rear engines so you end you going round in circles.
Or you can decouple thrusters so the only thrust the ship gets is from the 4 directional thrusters, so if you press D the ship will slide to the right and only to the right.

Can you stop your ship bringing your speed to 0 if no thrust being applied? I can't remember what it was called in i-war but basically like turning off the computer in a car and stopping your abs/traction control. So basically could you go to max speed, kill your engine and then orientate your ship which ever way you like while keeping the original heading and speed? Allow you to strafe a large target with lasers or what have you. You could then fire up the engines and it'll start thrusting whatever way you were pointing. As soon as you turn the computer back on it'll try to bring you to a halt.

Yes, by decoupling the thrusters, when you do that the ship will drift in the direction it was traveling in before you decoupled, as long as you don't apply any direction thrust manually you can turn the ship in any direction and it will keep going on its original trajectory.

Guessing if the above was possible sublight speeds are capped to stop someone accelerating for 10 minutes and zipping through an area at ludicrous speed?

Correct, all ships have a terminal velocity even in the vacuum of space, what that is depends on the ship, they are all different.

On targeting, can you see a list of ships in the area on your hud and are they marked as friend/foe etc? Couldn't see it on your vid above?

Enemy ships are marked by a red triangle in the world hud, Friendly human as green and friendly NPC's as blue.

V to decouple, 3 to cycle enemy targets, 5 to cycle through friendly targets.

PSz7gP6.png

TNA

TNA

Caporegime
Its just an example, don't actually know what the IPC difference is.

Checking the Cinebench thread...

Single threaded.

Score 400: Intel Core i7 5820K at 4.5Ghz, RevBillyG

Score 524: AMD Ryzen R9 3900X at 4.5Ghz, redkrptonite

31%.

https://forums.overclockers.co.uk/threads/the-official-ocuk-cinebench-r20-benchmark-thread.18849380/
Yeah, and don’t forget the 3900X has double the number of cores, so overall we are talking about way over double the performance going from a 5820K to a 3900X. But if I was him I would wait and either get a 4900X or 4950X. Don’t see the point of going threadripper.

Associate
Well I absolutely love this game. Since repasting my cpu a couple of weeks ago I've not had a single crash not even a 30k. I've rarely experienced such an atmospheric experience. Just mined and traded my way to a million and need advice. Is it worth buying a ship in game during the alpha? I've heard some just disappear unexpectedly and also they don't stay if you have to reset your character. I take it they go if cig do a reset? Honestly though money isn't my motivation which makes me think **** it just go bit a cutlass lol.

Soldato
I've still got everything I bought since 3.8.2 fwiw, and I've had to do around 20 character resets during the early 3.9 cluster****.
There may be upcoming wipes, but if you're going to lose everything, that'd probably include money too, so you might as well spend it if you want to spend it.

Soldato
I've still got everything I bought since 3.8.2 fwiw, and I've had to do around 20 character resets during the early 3.9 cluster****.
There may be upcoming wipes, but if you're going to lose everything, that'd probably include money too, so you might as well spend it if you want to spend it.

Yeah cig have said something along the lines of even though they have the persistence somewhat working they still will do wipes when they feel necessary for balance or stability. This practice will stop when the final game launches.. so i would as Uncle Petey said use the money now and maybe try different things each time! you may find something you really enjoy despite not expecting to.

Caporegime
Well I absolutely love this game. Since repasting my cpu a couple of weeks ago I've not had a single crash not even a 30k. I've rarely experienced such an atmospheric experience. Just mined and traded my way to a million and need advice. Is it worth buying a ship in game during the alpha? I've heard some just disappear unexpectedly and also they don't stay if you have to reset your character. I take it they go if cig do a reset? Honestly though money isn't my motivation which makes me think **** it just go bit a cutlass lol.

Full persistence isn't in yet so what ships you buy in game are likely to disappear, items and ships did for me in the last patch, at this point just hang on to the money and buy when the new patch hits, its only a couple of weeks away now and what money you have is likely to persist into the next patch as the money earned is what they prioritise in patch to patch persistence until iCache is up and running.

Back
Top Bottom