Doom Eternal

Soldato
Not sure how that would work, unless I'm missing something? You need to spend £30 to get the £5 discount, so can't get that on the main game as its £25, and the pass is £25 on its own, unless you are talking about buying the pass elsewhere?

Oh, I'm Polish and I didn't take currency difference into account, sorry for that:/

I need to spend 100PLN to be eligible for a 17.50PLN discount, the base game is 124.50PLN (that actually works out to under 25 quid with the current exchange rate) and the season pass also somewhere around that so in my case the discount applies to both. I just stupidly assumed that if I get a discount on a given purchase, everyone else around the world does as well:/

So yeah, in your case deluxe makes more sense.

Soldato
Oh, I'm Polish and I didn't take currency difference into account, sorry for that:/

I need to spend 100PLN to be eligible for a 17.50PLN discount, the base game is 124.50PLN (that actually works out to under 25 quid with the current exchange rate) and the season pass also somewhere around that so in my case the discount applies to both. I just stupidly assumed that if I get a discount on a given purchase, everyone else around the world does as well:/

So yeah, in your case deluxe makes more sense.

Haha no worries, I shouldn't assume everyone is in the same country as me. :)

Yeah £25 for the base game here and you need to spend £30 for the discount. The deluxe is £45, so £40 with the discount. Looks like you've got yourself a bargain.

Soldato
Haha no worries, I shouldn't assume everyone is in the same country as me. :)

Yeah £25 for the base game here and you need to spend £30 for the discount. The deluxe is £45, so £40 with the discount. Looks like you've got yourself a bargain.

Yeah, I'll probably grab at least the base game but I'm actually tempted by the pass as the game looks super fun and even better than 2016. Is there any info when the first story DLC is coming out?

Soldato
Yeah, I'll probably grab at least the base game but I'm actually tempted by the pass as the game looks super fun and even better than 2016. Is there any info when the first story DLC is coming out?

I've not seen any solid dates, I think they originally said both would be out within a year of the games main release.

Soldato
TBH, the combat makes 2016 seem like a snorefest, even though it's not the Doom some expected. I wouldn't call it rubbish, just different and more challenging than 2016.

I got through two levels (on a controller:D) and finding it more exciting and involving so far, platforming aside (which doesn't really grate me as it's easy and breaks stuff up).

I got the base game only, I don't know what the DLC will be and the Season Pass costing more than the base game is no from me.

Soldato
Well I loved 2016 but so far loving Eternal as well. I was stuck on one fight last night but I was still thoroughly enjoying it, despite having to keep trying again and again, it didn't frustrate me as it was just so damn fun!

Caporegime
I haven't played it for a while. I sometimes get to a point in a game where I leave it alone for weeks or even months before going back to it. In this case, I forget the area/level name but I just found it too difficult hence the break from the game.

Soldato
Got this on the steam sale, played it a few hours, think it's rubbish and I loved the 2016 one.

I very nearly refunded.

I did about four hours on launch, paid £50 as I loved 2016 so much, didn't hate it but I thought that all the additions to the gameplay made it a worse game, and I wasn't having any fun.

Haven't touched it since, apart from to uninstall it about a month ago.

Soldato
I did about four hours on launch, paid £50 as I loved 2016 so much, didn't hate it but I thought that all the additions to the gameplay made it a worse game, and I wasn't having any fun.

Haven't touched it since, apart from to uninstall it about a month ago.

I've played it about 7 hours and given up.

Soldato
I've played it about 7 hours and given up.

Couldn't be more gutted really given that 2016 is about one of the best games ever, but I was basically forcing myself to carry on with Eternal despite not enjoying it and I tend to find that just makes me resent it eventually. I might go back to it in the future, maybe not - I tend to fire up 2016 when I get the urge to rip and tear.

Soldato
The fights and the difficulty aren't the problem for me personally. It's the way the game forces you to play a certain way against certain enemies, the excessive platforming, the purple goop which serves no purpose in a fast pace game at all and the unnecessary ammo limitation in what should be a mindless blast-em-up.

Soldato
Just got this the other day on Steam sale. Wasn't sure about it at first and im useless at it. ( Had to drop it to easy). But it's enjoyable.

I'm just getting overwhelmed by all the abilitys like grenades and fire belch but I feel I'm slowly getting there. Just not sure how or if I'm improving to up the difficulty.

Soldato
Played some more, I'm some way into level 3 on Hurt Me Plenty. Still on a bloody controller, a travesty but I really like sitting farther from the screen and haven't used kb&m for ages as I don't really play shooters:p

Really having fun so far, I get the complaints how it has changed the formula (it undoubtedly has) and it's not really (that much of) a mindless shooter anymore. It does rely on weak points too much on certain enemies as well, which can be annoying when it requires so much speed and managing.

Still, it's probably the most fun shooter experience I've had in YEARS so far. The combat flows great and I really dig the mechanics of it all, it feels wonderfully arcade and satisfying to pull off.

The entire game is arcade and ridiculous, and I love it. The level design, collectibles, stupid platforming and mental combat. It doesn't take itself seriously.

You could indeed say it's not really Doom anymore and you wouldn't be wrong but whatever. All I know is that the first Slayer Gate I did, which is in level 2, gave me more of an adrenaline rush than endgame stuff in 2016 and I was actively using more of my stuff.

Back
Top Bottom