Dr. Disrespect permanently banned from Twitch

Caporegime
Whatever it is it's nothing compared to what is happening with Gab. The owner (and his family just for being associated with him) has effectively been banned from the real world economy for providing a platform of free speech under US law, rather than corporate T&C's like Twitter etc.

https://news.gab.com/2020/06/26/soc...d-my-business-and-my-family-for-building-gab/

It's like our countries are being run by corporations, government is nowhere to be seen in trying to stop it.

Caporegime
it will be business related. guarenteed. its either to accomedate shroud and ninja or boost views or a new platform. its all coincided with mixer closing.

Soldato
Didn't watch him but his whole set up was fantastic, the character, the community and how he streamed and engaged with his watchers were excellent. He was a great entertainer, whether you liked him or not. I wonder what he did wrong?

Man of Honour
Whatever it is it's nothing compared to what is happening with Gab. The owner (and his family just for being associated with him) has effectively been banned from the real world economy for providing a platform of free speech under US law, rather than corporate T&C's like Twitter etc.

https://news.gab.com/2020/06/26/soc...d-my-business-and-my-family-for-building-gab/

It's like our countries are being run by corporations, government is nowhere to be seen in trying to stop it.

Wow that is bad :( I don't see a proper thread on here for it, unless my search skills are failing me.

Soldato

Interesting, could easily have happened to us.

Well Americans will learn over the next few years why a monarchical system was needed in Britain/Europe - to suppress these kinds of uprisings. I guess this is the weakness of the American idealistic Republic system, when it works it works well but it's very open to being hijacked which is what's happening now, they tried it before in the 20s and 50s and now they've finally broken through.

That's why they called us tyrannical, I was always sceptical of that word, it's just what was needed throughout the times to maintain stability and law.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Scare

Soldato
There's no way this is business-related lol... Why would Amazon endorse Twitch pulling all of this nonsense for a streamer that slept with 4 women behind his wife's back and will be under the racism magnifying glass for repeatedly impersonating Asians.

Amazon is enormously above pulling this off for a stunt, especially in the current climate where everyone famous is under the scope and Doc is anything but a saint.

Plus Doc is no way a good enough actor to pull off that 8-minute clip where he looked scared as a deer in headlights, that and he's usually averaging about 60-80% of Timthetatman's viewers and around 50% of Asmongold's, at a guess.

It's all theories but this is an interesting tweet by Abissi if you watch the 8-minute clip: https://twitter.com/abssii_/status/1276805418480738309

Man of Honour
its a sign of being really old.

I only vaguely know some of them because my kids watch them. Dont understand the attraction.

Not necessarily, I'm probably older than many on the forum and I find some streamers, in particular Cohhcarnage to be very useful. He is extremely polite and well mannered, doesnt engage in swearing or politics and his reviews and run through of games has been very useful in helping with some of my purchasing decisions.

V F

V F

Soldato
Not necessarily, I'm probably older than many on the forum and I find some streamers, in particular Cohhcarnage to be very useful. He is extremely polite and well mannered, doesnt engage in swearing or politics and his reviews and run through of games has been very useful in helping with some of my purchasing decisions.

That is why I find twitch useful. See what the game is like, mechanics, style, story, combat, end game and hearing what the smaller streamers think of it. Not these so called big names getting pushed by sponsors.

Some I'll watch even if it's games I'll never purchase. Sometimes it's just nice to see what games I may or may not like to watch.
Sometimes I've helped streamers level up in different games or struggled with missions.

Man of Honour
That is why I find twitch useful. See what the game is like, mechanics, style, story, combat, end game and hearing what the smaller streamers think of it. Not these so called big names getting pushed by sponsors.

Some I'll watch even if it's games I'll never purchase. Sometimes it's just nice to see what games I may or may not like to watch.
Sometimes I've helped streamers level up in different games or struggled with missions.

And as well as those things, after watching Cohh I've ended up actually buying some games that I would most likely have never even considered as possible purchases. Sometimes the best way to truly judge a game isnt on screenshots and trailers but to see someone actually playing the game, not a dev who knows their way around their title but someone who is going in blind and having to pick the game up and learn it as they go.

Caporegime
Read a bit about this today and I'm inclined to believe it's a very poorly timed publicity stunt to kill off his character and he'll be reappearing as himself or another character on Monday.

If there was a legal dispute with Twitch or he had fallen out with them, they would've pulled his stream immediately rather than allowing him to end it himself. Also, if he was raided by the police I doubt he would've tried to stay in character and there would certainly be a record of his arrest as .Lethal has just mentioned above.

Caporegime
Obligatory.
-snip-

I've watched hundreds of hours of streams in lockdown, not this sort of stream though, I have no idea how people can watch this tripe. I mean watching a naturally funny person play through an RPG in an interesting way for hours on end. I've probably watched thousands of hours of gameplay on Youtube as well.

Always while I'm doing other stuff though. I half watch it.

I do still play games, but always either singleplayer, or co-op with friends. I don't ever play with randoms.

Man of Honour
I mean watching a naturally funny person play through an RPG in an interesting way for hours on end.

I've watched hours and hours of Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse just fishing and thoroughly enjoyed it, so if the presenter of the stream is fun and a good presenter and is to my particular tastes, then not really much difference imo. (Cohh is to my tastes, Dr Disrespect isnt).

Like you, I virtually never play with randoms, not unless I am in an MMO. The rest of the time I am either playing single player or predominantly co-op with friends games.

V F

V F

Soldato
I've watched hundreds of hours of streams in lockdown, not this sort of stream though, I have no idea how people can watch this tripe. I mean watching a naturally funny person play through an RPG in an interesting way for hours on end. I've probably watched thousands of hours of gameplay on Youtube as well.

Always while I'm doing other stuff though. I half watch it.

I do still play games, but always either singleplayer, or co-op with friends. I don't ever play with randoms.

I watched DrDisrespect one time when people told me about him. It was one time for 15 minutes. I found him irritating but his chat went insane for him which I could only assume were kids. He was either on Fortnite or PUBG.

You could not read anything that the chat flew past 20 lines in 2 seconds.

summ1tg is another one I'd put on that list that is tripe.

I've watched hours and hours of Bob Mortimer and Paul Whitehouse just fishing and thoroughly enjoyed it, so if the presenter of the stream is fun and a good presenter and is to my particular tastes, then not really much difference imo. (Cohh is to my tastes, Dr Disrespect isnt).

Like you, I virtually never play with randoms, not unless I am in an MMO. The rest of the time I am either playing single player or predominantly co-op with friends games.

Randoms can be fun and annoying but I've met and teamed up with some amazing randoms on The Division 2.

My biggest gripe with randoms though is how many quit over the smallest and hardest thing. So many expect you to carry them.

Man of Honour
Read a bit about this today and I'm inclined to believe it's a very poorly timed publicity stunt to kill off his character and he'll be reappearing as himself or another character on Monday.

If there was a legal dispute with Twitch or he had fallen out with them, they would've pulled his stream immediately rather than allowing him to end it himself. Also, if he was raided by the police I doubt he would've tried to stay in character and there would certainly be a record of his arrest as .Lethal has just mentioned above.

I'm not so sure - killing off a channel tends to see a massive drop in viewers rather than driving new interest as after awhile an entertainer tends to have already captured 80-90% of their core audience + randoms. The hardcore will come back but many others won't and/or will drift back slowly.

Soldato
I had read that his sponsors all dropped him immediately, but he's still to be seen on Mountain Dew's website and Twitter feed. Whatever has happened, let's hope David Icke can smash the totalitarian left or whatever.

Soldato
Yet another theory, I'm really spreading the fake news atm but thought I'd post this. I'd never heard of this guy before this also.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TheCamcom/status/1276953166806908930/photo/1

Ebim-Iar-Xk-AAx1fe.jpg
This does seem the most plausible theory at the moment.
His sponsors have reinstated him after removing him before, so it isn't sex or race related. Someone 'confirmed' that the police have not been involved. Slasher said on a stream that another company was involved. I don't think Ninja and Shroud have said anything since the 22nd when Mixer went bust.

So a likelihood it is business related, despite the rubbish I was spouting earlier about it not being so...

Back
Top Bottom