** NEW SAMSUNG ODYSSEY G7/G9 MONITORS 27-49" AVAILABLE TO PRE-ORDER **

Associate
Should have a decent chunk of 32" landing on the 29th, and enough to fulfill all the early pre-orders of the 27".

Regarding rumours of a recall of the 49" I haven't had any official word from Samsung. I've chased them to request confirmation.

I'll keep everyone posted as and when I receive information.
30th is my birthday, this could be perfect timing :D

Associate
So I have been using this G9 now for Productivity all day, so far so good.

So far few things to note:
  • The is literally no heat from the back it so far.
  • Although the reviews say the heat is an issue? It will likely got much hotter after I get a gaming rig hooked up to this.​
  • Cannot go beyond 3840x1080 on my Latitude 5580 is 4 years old and right
  • I have the same issue with my Surface 4 Pro, both over Display Port 1.4. Not a deal breaker but I can tell its capable of much sharper text etc. If I could address that via drivers or whatnot it would be perfect.​
  • The Size it takes up is 70 deep by 115 long
  • Suprisingly it takes up much less desk space than I expected it would.​
  • And due to wide stand I can even with my laptop in front of it as a second screen its just needs 70 cm deep with both combined!​
uxDCJbdTkkC1qYnE932HxUp3hp8S1X_mE5Vyn07I3T3iHVRhNXMKTtx7ZFFMCOsodSXrMDxl9Db1JdfTFlJgn4tPKMiolM-G5yYFYaIop8ThTl_iOGL7WgP0AV6OG7FKVqiLn39buGlvFFjo1_2QiynwyzGhvxBS2ceVmhAoZesNGXybPW9b1mXu-ZlZwYGAShvz3_JX3U_PaC4GuyVITGPq_S-0WcZ9g-RHB-hHchDfp_UyqGTXwCSjHoFanTsGoXaXezmVUn9LyoIU0defpUbvKOADlqyM1NV6pQ1uJnFN3nzl9Z23Nx4M3PSRWQmGuDvlTn1CdXZbZNfTgew6HlvytYRz9QrymReMBuPHvXeX1GHje1hmHZh3ZzlZShRbuinN1MVrfPSNIdEb-hFOQD3kjwP3uND8IEUjn70ELQvoqXEUGrJfT8Pr9asChlDyR_qaF5ocZGsgDuLVdfOpfHdrsie9OImvNjy2jhhsbmmk8TGRDDo49hKzfsVG_Au1ncSkLSKOneOVy01v6JOII5aRKkSnwJ1Y58q0HuBVnrfQye_2d694JcRI5aU_0c0CNT3MdHknfnQLW_WxtjBPxusxEIV9b5gsr7D4-3M7RwiXGLKnr89YHuniaBbA76Gx1S6JqHFBvx2VE_I-H9SZg0KvTo9o2p9GrjVVPtO3oedE9oXupNnUUtUuZ5iD8g=w1881-h1037-no

Associate
well had to get a refund on the 49....and I cancelled my pre order price of the 32 from overclockers...so now I feel like an absolute melon. Gutted.

Associate
well had to get a refund on the 49....and I cancelled my pre order price of the 32 from overclockers...so now I feel like an absolute melon. Gutted.

Sorry to hear that, at least you have your money back and can re-order in the near future. How does sending it back work, are they collecting it?

I am giving it another week and then might return mine due to the stuck pixel...

Soldato
1-E6-F20-C3-B7-C9-42-DF-8868-F2-E1-D11-AC335.jpg

Very happy with my G7 32". Just my thoughts:

- colours look very good out of the box
- DP and USB cables are extremely short which is disappointing.
- HDR is very average and not worth bothering with in my view, although I didn't intend to use it anyway and honestly didn't expect much.
- curve is very pronounced and personally I like it, it is extreme and it won't be for everyone.
- HUD/UI on the monitor is very simple to use and works well.
- 240hz is something else on this screen, buttery smooth.
- I got no dead pixels and backlight bleed imo is good on mine.

If I had to score it I'd say an 8.5. If they got some decent HDR on this monitor it would be the perfect screen for me. As it stands it's a very good one and I would say the go to 1440p monitor if you want high refresh rates, it's also one for the future is not many games will push anywhere near 240hz bar CS go and a few others if you drop the settings.

Associate
So I have been using this G9 now for Productivity all day, so far so good.

So far few things to note:
  • The is literally no heat from the back it so far.
  • Although the reviews say the heat is an issue? It will likely got much hotter after I get a gaming rig hooked up to this.​
  • Cannot go beyond 3840x1080 on my Latitude 5580 is 4 years old and right
  • I have the same issue with my Surface 4 Pro, both over Display Port 1.4. Not a deal breaker but I can tell its capable of much sharper text etc. If I could address that via drivers or whatnot it would be perfect.​
  • The Size it takes up is 70 deep by 115 long
  • Suprisingly it takes up much less desk space than I expected it would.​
  • And due to wide stand I can even with my laptop in front of it as a second screen its just needs 70 cm deep with both combined!​
uxDCJbdTkkC1qYnE932HxUp3hp8S1X_mE5Vyn07I3T3iHVRhNXMKTtx7ZFFMCOsodSXrMDxl9Db1JdfTFlJgn4tPKMiolM-G5yYFYaIop8ThTl_iOGL7WgP0AV6OG7FKVqiLn39buGlvFFjo1_2QiynwyzGhvxBS2ceVmhAoZesNGXybPW9b1mXu-ZlZwYGAShvz3_JX3U_PaC4GuyVITGPq_S-0WcZ9g-RHB-hHchDfp_UyqGTXwCSjHoFanTsGoXaXezmVUn9LyoIU0defpUbvKOADlqyM1NV6pQ1uJnFN3nzl9Z23Nx4M3PSRWQmGuDvlTn1CdXZbZNfTgew6HlvytYRz9QrymReMBuPHvXeX1GHje1hmHZh3ZzlZShRbuinN1MVrfPSNIdEb-hFOQD3kjwP3uND8IEUjn70ELQvoqXEUGrJfT8Pr9asChlDyR_qaF5ocZGsgDuLVdfOpfHdrsie9OImvNjy2jhhsbmmk8TGRDDo49hKzfsVG_Au1ncSkLSKOneOVy01v6JOII5aRKkSnwJ1Y58q0HuBVnrfQye_2d694JcRI5aU_0c0CNT3MdHknfnQLW_WxtjBPxusxEIV9b5gsr7D4-3M7RwiXGLKnr89YHuniaBbA76Gx1S6JqHFBvx2VE_I-H9SZg0KvTo9o2p9GrjVVPtO3oedE9oXupNnUUtUuZ5iD8g=w1881-h1037-no
Does yours make a small popping noise when you first start it in the morning? Mine does for about 90 mins and then stops. Obviously its just as the monitor heats up but just wondering if yours does the same?

Associate
Sorry to hear that, at least you have your money back and can re-order in the near future. How does sending it back work, are they collecting it?

I am giving it another week and then might return mine due to the stuck pixel...

I had purchased from somewhere else, so I just took it back this morning. Going back to my rog swift and its gutting. The picture quality was brilliant on the Odyssey, its not just the ultra wide.

Associate
Is it just me or does that 32" look small? It makes me wonder that the 27" i've ordered isn't going to feel utterly tiny.

Can't seem to find any size comparisons as everyone is reviewing the 32".

Associate
Is it just me or does that 32" look small? It makes me wonder that the 27" i've ordered isn't going to feel utterly tiny.

I've been second guessing myself on that the whole time too!

I chose it partly because it was cheaper, but also because on my desk I only have about 62cm as the gap between the 2 other 24" panels I have (I have a 3 monitor setup, 1 for work PC, 2 for home PC). From the measurements, the 27" will fit in that gap, but the 32" at ~70cm wide would not fit, without a larger desk. And I know that playing games from where I sit on my existing 24" panel (the middle of the 3) is fine, so the 27" is only going to be bigger and better anyway, right?

Associate
I've been second guessing myself on that the whole time too!

I chose it partly because it was cheaper, but also because on my desk I only have about 62cm as the gap between the 2 other 24" panels I have (I have a 3 monitor setup, 1 for work PC, 2 for home PC). From the measurements, the 27" will fit in that gap, but the 32" at ~70cm wide would not fit, without a larger desk. And I know that playing games from where I sit on my existing 24" panel (the middle of the 3) is fine, so the 27" is only going to be bigger and better anyway, right?

Well that's my assumption. I'm on 2 screens atm, an old 23" HP Pavillion xi and a (i think) 21" Dell (i can't even find a model number). This will basically replace the Dell and if i'm impressed enough i may even get a second for the uniform effect or an equivalent flat screen for work etc.

Associate
Apparently the curve is nicer on the 32 than the 27, just due to size and having more room for it to curve out at the sides and wrap around you a little more.

Also, for those of us that are not in our 20s anymore, text reading is much easier on the eyes on the 32 :)

Soldato

My desk is fairly big tbh! So makes it look smaller than it is. Honestly 32" is more than enough!

Associate
I went from a 34" Ultrawide to the 32" G7....definitely couldn't go any smaller.....in fact I was actually very interested in the LG 27GN950-B - which is 144HZ, IPS, 4K, but it only has a 27" option and really didn't want to go that small.

Associate
Those of you with the 32", or getting the 32" as replacement for an existing display, what is the approximate distance between your eyes and the screen? I'm in quite a small room, with a corner desk, and it's about 70cm between my eyes and my displays when I'm typing/gaming. Not sure if this is shorter than most, or about the same, but I'm hoping the 27" will fill my field of view nicely based on sitting at that distance whereas the 32" might need me further back to fit is all in. Hard to know until I get it, and to then be sure if it's the right fit for the space, instead of the 32". All this waiting is painful.

Permabanned
Got my 32" G7 yesterday (ordered on Sunday before it was in stock most places including here).

Coming from a 27" G-Sync (Hardware Module) 1800R Curve monitor that was basic but no real issues with.

To be honesty I am sitting here trying to like it as I have major flickering like many others are experiencing no matter what settings I try on or off, impossible to even watch a movie as it will stutter I assume due to fact the movie FPS will be lower than the 80-240hz range which is very high esp when the 27" G7 is 60-240hz (CRU shows mines as 60-144 for some reason) on latest Firmware.

Also found out the SDR Contrast is pretty low for any decent modern VA (should be at least 2500-3000) the new Gigabyte 32" Curved VA hit over 5400 in reviews after calibration.

HDR support in Windows 10 is poor and looks washed out and not too many games I own support it (none currently installed) and will not be ideal esp as you cannot set the monitor to 10bit (for HDR600) at 240hz and if you do set to 240hz your GPU will not full down-clock and if you use Nvidia Inspector to do so it will stutter watching videos like YouTube etc.

I have zero dead pixels and back-light bleed on empty screen looks ok with little brighter at edges and in YT HDR/Local Dimming test videos with a white ball(s) moving around the local dimming made the rest of the screen look very black last night (daytime will look blacker anyhow).

Ideally I would prefer the new 1500R curve as 1000R is a bit much at first but time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom