• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Caporegime
Well they wont get away with it this time. the FE is £649. End of. no price creep. and for once its one of the best looking (and perfectly well cooling and functioning) cards there is. So why anyone would buy a price gouged AIB is beyond me.

They did the last series.....................Loads of people ignored the FE and bought more expensive AIB boards which didnt give them any better performance. Why do you think the buying public are any difference this time? Already we have one board from Asus with a £180 premium on it and we havent even got to their super overclocked ROG custom boards yet. .

Soldato
They did the last series.....................Loads of people ignored the FE and bought more expensive AIB boards which didnt give them any better performance. Why do you think the buying public are any difference this time? Already we have one board from Asus with a £180 premium on it and we havent even got to their super overclocked ROG custom boards yet. .
Because this is the first time people are (on the whole) loving the look of the FE. and the cooling system looks top drawer.
tbh I don't care what other people do. I know I can get a card for £650. so won't be mugged if OCUK gouge. it's their loss.

Associate
I guess some people don't mind paying a premium for a card they maybe prefer the look of or maybe they even have a favourite brand they'd rather go with. Personally I go with the one that gives me the best performance/extras for my money.

Associate
Because this is the first time people are (on the whole) and the cooling system looks top drawer.

It certainly looks good, but I'm not convinced it will be as good as AIB coolers. Especially with all those components so close together. It looks like a larger sapphire pulse vega 56 cooler, and that was on a budget line.

I'm also a little concerned that the FE cards as well as most of the AIB ones will end up being power limited by using only 2x8 pins. There seem to be very few like the strix offering the 3rd power socket.

OcUK Staff
OP
Sorry to ask Gibbo, but do you know when the cards will be landing at OCUK? Is there a date or simply when they are available?

Some are landing as soon as now, but there will be no pictures, no benchmarks and no early chances to order one, there is an NDA in place and OcUK shall be following it to the letter!

Soldato
It certainly looks good, but I'm not convinced it will be as good as AIB coolers. Especially with all those components so close together. It looks like a larger sapphire pulse vega 56 cooler, and that was on a budget line.

I'm also a little concerned that the FE cards as well as most of the AIB ones will end up being power limited by using only 2x8 pins. There seem to be very few like the strix offering the 3rd power socket.

Aye, you've got vapour chambers. 3-4 slots.. fans being over 100mm and 6-8 heat pipes.
Finally warming up to Aorus one , but where oh where is the white HOF ? Remember they did that very limited twin 120mm version for Asia a while ago. Stunning for 1*** series

OcUK Staff
OP
Awwww no pyramid pics :(

The last time NVIDIA said to me "Gibbo no pyramids" I went and built a castle. :D

OCUKGTX670Fortress.jpg

They are now wiser to me finding loop holes in their instructions and have now clearly stated a blanket no photos of stock, unboxing etc. etc.

So you guys just gonna have to wait for reviews, but the old days, were damn good days and lots of fun.

Soldato
The last time NVIDIA said to me "Gibbo no pyramids" I went and built a castle. :D

OCUKGTX670Fortress.jpg

They are now wiser to me finding loop holes in their instructions and have now clearly stated a blanket no photos of stock, unboxing etc. etc.

So you guys just gonna have to wait for reviews, but the old days, were damn good days and lots of fun.

what happens if you just stack the Brown boxes they are shipped in . look like RTX is turned off... but still. just large brown boxes that may contain 3***

Back
Top Bottom