• Series S

Votes: 104 11.8%
  • Not interested

Votes: 230 26.0%
  • Both

Votes: 22 2.5%

• Total voters
Soldato
Ahh fair enough, never really take anything as fact on the net lol.

Actually might go for the all access pass monthly sub as makes the cost a bit more easier to swallow.

So far only Game and Smyth are doing it but only for the series one s. Not seeing anything about the series X.
Its been Game and Smyths since last year.

They won't have the new consoles yet as preorders don't open till the 22md September.

Man of Honour
Good prices but I find the Xbox interface a bit gross and the controller my least favourite of the 3 ‘competitors’, so will probably wait for the PlayStation offering.

Associate
was going to try and initially get a one X as an upgrade for now and wait for the prices of the series X to reduce a little bit before taking the plunge, as I thought the Series X would be around the £600 mark. But at the price point they are offering the new Series S and X makes more sense to jump straight to the new ones and miss the one X all together.
I'm still rocking the original Xbox one so for me will be a decent upgrade. Would be happy with the Series S too but ideally want the blu ray / uhd drive in there so really needs to be X as it will be my main player in the living room, I retired my media PC a while back and use the Xbox one for netflix, amazon and streaming moves from my server and playing discs etc.
Will have to get my order in - this along with the announced enhancements to gamespass recently makes this a great option - for me anyway.

Associate
was going to try and initially get a one X as an upgrade for now and wait for the prices of the series X to reduce a little bit before taking the plunge, as I thought the Series X would be around the £600 mark. But at the price point they are offering the new Series S and X makes more sense to jump straight to the new ones and miss the one X all together.
I'm still rocking the original Xbox one so for me will be a decent upgrade. Would be happy with the Series S too but ideally want the blu ray / uhd drive in there so really needs to be X as it will be my main player in the living room, I retired my media PC a while back and use the Xbox one for netflix, amazon and streaming moves from my server and playing discs etc.
Will have to get my order in - this along with the announced enhancements to gamespass recently makes this a great option - for me anyway.
If you're going to do that anyway (like me) I'd Rather have the money in my pocket.

Imo it's the same as you're going to have to pay it anyway and two years is not that long of a time.. they should have done it over the console lifecycle i.e. 5 years.

Associate
Am I right in assuming that the Series X is fully backwards compatible with all previous Xbox titles?

So I can just throw my OG Xbox games in the disc drive and they'll play fine?

Associate
Imo it's the same as you're going to have to pay it anyway and two years is not that long of a time.. they should have done it over the console lifecycle i.e. 5 years.

Well yes, considering its 0%. Great for me as they money I had put aside for the Series X can now go to PC upgrades.

Soldato
Am I right in assuming that the Series X is fully backwards compatible with all previous Xbox titles?

So I can just throw my OG Xbox games in the disc drive and they'll play fine?

Per MM-Seat, if it plays on Xbox One, it plays on Series X|S. If it doesn't, and it isn't a Series X|S title, then it won't. Though more backwards compatibility titles should start landing again after the new consoles launch.

Back
Top Bottom