• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** NVIDIA RTX 30 SERIES NOW ONLINE AT OVERCLOCKERS UK (3090 / 3080 / 3070) **

Soldato
One important thing to consider looking to reviews I think ...
Remember the base clock of the 2080 series was largely ignored and most auto boosted into games around the 1900+ compared to the "stock" of 1710.
By the sounds of it the ampere chips are not as overclockable due maybe to the process in its infancy, or heat/power restraints.
In the interest of comparison, finding a reviewer that locks the core to stock clocks will benefit those looking at AIB worst case scenario ;)

I think any card that doesn't boost at all would be a candidate for RMA though surely.

I'm pretty sure they would suggest flashing a bios and if that didn't work RMA time.

Associate
Why are people calling it pre-orders when the cards are being released on Thursday? Pre-order happens when something hasn't released. These cards are releasing on Thursday at 2pm and that's when you can order, not pre-order. There is no pre-order here. OCUK have stated they have stock ready to send.

Soldato
Why are people calling it pre-orders when the cards are being released on Thursday? Pre-order happens when something hasn't released. These cards are releasing on Thursday at 2pm and that's when you can order, not pre-order. There is no pre-order here. OCUK have stated they have stock ready to send.

how much stock though that is the question..

Soldato

Possibly due to the first post by Gibbo stating.....

You cannot place pre-orders yet but you can on the following dates:
- 3090 September 24th 2pm
- 3080 September 17th 2pm
- 3070 October

Caporegime

1. They have stated they have stock but not of every card listed
2. Some cards will be pre-order only on release date as the manufacturer stil;l hasnt finished making them (custom oc boards)
3. Due to likely demand, some cards may well be out of stock and become preorder by 2.01pm

Associate
It would appear not. Jacob from EVGA said they have based that card on the reference board but changed a couple of things, Which annoyingly means a reference waterblock wont fit it., GRRRRRRRRRR
I have been pestering from the beginning waterblock suppliers.
According to Ezmodding (they sell Bykski blocks), only EVGA on XC3 models has confirm using reference PCB. Plus they do two distinctions between reference models. Type 1 with standard capacitors and type 2 with high capacitors quoting this brands for high capacitors:
- Zotac
- Galax / KFA²
- Colorful / Igame
- Palit
- Gainward

EKWB has in his config database a few more models, but they haven't specify which block is compatible. My guessing is that this models are using reference PCB and will be the first ones receiving the first waterblocks. But there is no way to know it.
You can check the models there:
https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

I have discovered this brand today and they are developing some blocks. The quality looks superB. Don't know if they ship to UK thought.
https://optimuspc.com/products/absolute-gpu-block-rtx-2080-ti

I have been told by Aquacomputer that they might have some blocks by the end of October. But not confirmations on compatibility either.

In resume I wouldn't put the hand on the fire for anyone..

Last edited:
Caporegime
I have been pestering from the beginning waterblock suppliers.
According to Ezmodding(they sell Bykski blocks), only EVGA with XC3 has confirm using reference PCB. Plus they do two distinctions between reference models. Type 1 with standard capacitors and type 2 with high capacitors quoting this brands for high capacitors:
- Zotac
- Galax / KFA²
- Colorful / Igame
- Palit
- Gainward

EKWB has in his config database a few more models, but they haven't specify which block is compatible.
You can check the models there:
https://www.ekwb.com/configurator/

In resume I wouldn't put the hand on the fire for anyone..

Yet a guy from EVGA says they have used the reference pcb for the XC3 but then made some changes. Its going to be a nightmare,.

Soldato
Thats annoying then that EVGA has slightly tweaked the board on their basic card. Was going to perhaps go EVGA and watercool it.

Looks like its the Zotac Trinity then for me.

If W/C then likely the best bet.
Stock the cooler design doesn't appear to be much different to what they used on 2080 super cards, and the reviews I saw of those were both noisier and less effective than most.
But if your going to stick it under water, thats a mute point and the card (so far) is one of the cheapest listed.

Associate
So the Zotac is a bit of a beast. At 317mm, its going to be a bit too big for my Corsair 280x and front mounted radiator. Even with the radiator moved to the top it looks like it will encrouch onto the fans.

Back
Top Bottom