• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
There are so many disconjointed monologues going on within the forum discussion it is getting rather pathetic.

At the end of the day, either give OC a large sum of money and wait (how long is a piece of string) until the cards come in stock, letting OC profit off your cash deposits (hoping they don't go into liquidation in the meantime i.e. covid, brexit, WW-fudging-III, etc) or shut the fudge up and just get a refund.

There is no doubt, considering OC are still taking pre-orders (yep - still taking peoples cash - and they know the industry!), we are all getting royal mugged off as OC have several million quid in the bank and living quite nicely of the interest. It doesn't take a degree from Oxford to work out several thousand customer, multiply the minimum of £650 (plus the postage that most will never happen!) adds up to a shed load of cash making a few people very wealthy in short term.

For people thinking OC are innocent in all this, you clearly live a sheltered life and can marry my sister any day.

If you want retribution for this fiasco, a poor Google review on OC will reduce the chance of this company's unscrupulous behaviour from happening again.

Anyway, my monlogue is now over, and in the words of Eminem - I'm outie!

They won't be making much as there payment processor takes time to pass on the funds. Business accounts don't tend to give very good interest rates (if any) and we are at all time low interest rates in the UK.

Pay by credit card and you will be protected, debit card does have protection, but not as good.

Lets just pay along with the "shed load of cash making a few people very wealthy" line.

If they have 10,000 pre-orders with an average price of £700, that's 7 million.
If they could put the money in the bank and get 1% interest they would make £5,833 interest in a month (before tax). (None of this is possible)

Yeah I don't think pre-orders are making anyone rich. :)

Associate
My hope is that enough people will want to cancel their orders that it will run me up in the que enough. Managed to get a Pre-order in for 649 MSI trio at 09/18/20 at 00:54:22

Associate
Bought my card exactly 1 minute after launch (14:01) and it hasnt shipped yet.. I think this wait will be longer than people expect lol

Edit: received out of stock email
Wow that's a big oof. Seems like a months long wait ahead if we stay on the queue... I mean you ordered it basically on launch and still received an out of stock email (unless I am mistaken, maybe all buyers including those whose cards got shipped receive the same email)

Associate
Wow that's a big oof. Seems like a months long wait ahead if we stay on the queue... I mean you ordered it basically on launch and still received an out of stock email (unless I am mistaken, maybe all buyers including those whose cards got shipped receive the same email)
I don't think they do, I think you ethier receive the shipped or out of stock email.. Just can't believe I didn't get allocated a zotac trinity even though I placed my order 1 minute after launch lol. I'm hopeful I might get one next week.. I should be very low in the queue..right?

Associate
I don't think they do, I think you ethier receive the shipped or out of stock email.. Just can't believe I didn't get allocated a zotac trinity even though I placed my order 1 minute after launch lol. I'm hopeful I might get one next week.. I should be very low in the queue..right?
Did anyone actually got an shipped notification email? I wanna see it lol. And yes even if you are in queue I think you will get yours earlier next week

Associate
From someone that doesn't know anything about mining, what kind of money are they making with that rate?

Basically you could purchase a GeForce RTX 3080 now and the graphics card basically pays for itself in less than ten months. Of course, you'll also have to take into consideration the wear and tear that cryptomining puts on your hardware. The older cards took over a year or so I think to pay back.

Associate
We also have the 20gig 3080 soon as well which may or may not be a lot better than the standard 10 gig version.

Like others I am going to sit on my MSI Trio pre-order for a couple of weeks and see what develops.

Soldato
There are so many disconjointed monologues going on within the forum discussion it is getting rather pathetic.

At the end of the day, either give OC a large sum of money and wait (how long is a piece of string) until the cards come in stock, letting OC profit off your cash deposits (hoping they don't go into liquidation in the meantime i.e. covid, brexit, WW-fudging-III, etc) or shut the fudge up and just get a refund.

There is no doubt, considering OC are still taking pre-orders (yep - still taking peoples cash - and they know the industry!), we are all getting royal mugged off as OC have several million quid in the bank and living quite nicely of the interest. It doesn't take a degree from Oxford to work out several thousand customer, multiply the minimum of £650 (plus the postage that most will never happen!) adds up to a shed load of cash making a few people very wealthy in short term.

For people thinking OC are innocent in all this, you clearly live a sheltered life and can marry my sister any day.

If you want retribution for this fiasco, a poor Google review on OC will reduce the chance of this company's unscrupulous behaviour from happening again.

Anyway, my monlogue is now over, and in the words of Eminem - I'm outie!

starts out by talking about monologues, goes onto type up a storm. Lol

Associate
I ordered mine just after 3pm. It was the Gigabyte Eagle OC. I don't expect to get it anytime soon, tbh. I'm curious about queue position ETA. However, at the end of the day the way I see it is if you give up your position you'll wait longer, or you bide your time and hope it comes in early. We will all get them eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom