• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
There are so many disconjointed monologues going on within the forum discussion it is getting rather pathetic.

At the end of the day, either give OC a large sum of money and wait (how long is a piece of string) until the cards come in stock, letting OC profit off your cash deposits (hoping they don't go into liquidation in the meantime i.e. covid, brexit, WW-fudging-III, etc) or shut the fudge up and just get a refund.

There is no doubt, considering OC are still taking pre-orders (yep - still taking peoples cash - and they know the industry!), we are all getting royal mugged off as OC have several million quid in the bank and living quite nicely of the interest. It doesn't take a degree from Oxford to work out several thousand customer, multiply the minimum of £650 (plus the postage that most will never happen!) adds up to a shed load of cash making a few people very wealthy in short term.

For people thinking OC are innocent in all this, you clearly live a sheltered life and can marry my sister any day.

If you want retribution for this fiasco, a poor Google review on OC will reduce the chance of this company's unscrupulous behaviour from happening again.

Anyway, my monlogue is now over, and in the words of Eminem - I'm outie!

Last edited:
Associate
MSI Trio - Not in stock.
jeeperscreepers: 14:07
lemonland: 14:09
phatmonkey: 14:14 (0)
sonnytbh: 14:15
terrorsoul: 14:26 (+8)
timahkin: 14:27
robwaudby: 14:28
psychas: 14:33
ohsmaug: 15:17
demon: 15:19
chk4: 16:35
juvenal: 21:40

Mine on the site says 17:28,so I should have it in time for the sequel to CP2077.

Associate
Well, the first retailer I can order an Asus 3080 TUF from at RRP will get my money.

I'd like it to be OCUK, but that seems unlikely currently.

Prices might get back to normality, I can wait.
I don't think stock will ever match demand for months and months so the price is only going to stay upwards,

Associate
Well, the first retailer I can order an Asus 3080 TUF from at RRP will get my money.

I'd like it to be OCUK, but that seems unlikely currently.

Prices might get back to normality, I can wait.
I don't think stock will ever match demand for months and months so the price is only going to stay upwards,

Associate
Honestly my mistake was going in thinking it was gonna be like the PS5 launch. If I get in quick enough then I'll get one, but if I hang around then I won't.

That was not the case for the 3080 which I think why I and many others were so disappointed.

Associate
tbh
I won't pay above RRP so in that case I will either buy a s/h 2080Ti or wait until the next round of Nvidia cards, where hopefully we are out of this pandemic and retailers have better software to cope with bots.
I'm sort of past caring, I will give my pre order a couple of weeks if it doesnt move I will cancel and either go for a 3090 (not that I really feel like giving either nvidia or oc any money) or just sack it off altogether and buy a second hand card on the market

Associate
Honestly my mistake was going in thinking it was gonna be like the PS5 launch. If I get in quick enough then I'll get one, but if I hang around then I won't.

That was not the case for the 3080 which I think why I and many others were so disappointed.

Exactly my thinking as well. I knew it was going to be in high demand but expected a fair crack at ordering within the few minute window. "You snooze you lose..."

But my experience, as with pretty much everyone else, was that it was impossible. Kudos to those who actually got a card, can you pick my next lottery numbers?

Associate
Its just crazy that I was able to get a PS5 randomly because I was watching a live stream and they mentioned oh hey I hear Target opened up their preorders. took me minutes to setup an account and got an email my preorder was confirmed. Ironically, I was WELL prepped for this 3080 release F5ing hours prior to the release time, I even got lucky without having the websites crash on me and I still was instantly denied seconds after release. Unbelievable.

Associate
I went for Aorus Master. Order placed at 14:29. Anyone else gone for the master? Hoping there isn't too many and once Gigabyte decide to ship the card it'll be a quick turnaround... Hoping anyway

Associate
Anyone have an idea when Amazon are gonna start releasing cards? Seems all silent from them atm
I bought the asus tuf on launch day just after midnight. It said sold and fulfilled by amazon and linked to the asus store. Tonight I got a cancellation email so I doubt it will be any time soon.

Associate
I went for the Zotac Trinity, I liked the 5 year warranty.

I am just gonna forget about it and sit in the que and look forward to the day when I have really forgotten about it and an email lands in my inbox saying "Shipped".
Either way I was going to fork out £700 bangers including delivery, so it may as well be now and the card turn up out of the blue later.

I am using a 2080 Super at the moment which I actually bought only a year ago from OCUK as a temporary card before the 3080's were out (I could have got the 2080Ti, but no point).

Soldato
Read a few today, mines Ethereum at 93 MH/sec on the overclocked versions and the Chinese farms are supposedly changing over to 3080’s from what some posts on Tweaktown said... Back to another running fight with the Miners it seems.....

I suspect 3070 will be even better for cost/performance. :O

The RTX 3090 probably won't be affected by mining! :p

From someone that doesn't know anything about mining, what kind of money are they making with that rate?

Currently around £4.00-£4.50 before electric costs. Uses 6-7 kW per day, so £0.20 (3p/kWh) - £1.05(15p/kWh) day.

To be fair they may be buying up older cards given the price reductions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom