• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

ARCHIVE - *** NVIDIA GEFORCE RTX 3080 SERIES STOCK SITUATION *** - NO COMPETITOR DISCUSSION

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sem

Sem

Soldato
Well I will be keeping my preorder for now, to stay in the queue and will try my luck on the nvidia site, as I hear the founders edition will be back in stock next week.

do you know if they fixed the issue with bots being able to buy instantly yet

Associate
I'm wondering, since the EVGA cards and Strix never went on sale yesterday, there might be a chance that some of us waiting may be able to get it when it comes out.

Have we got a date on when these are suppose to be out?

Associate
I'm wondering, since the EVGA cards and Strix never went on sale yesterday, there might be a chance that some of us waiting may be able to get it when it comes out.

I've been given a date for the 5th of October for my EVGA but who knows....

Associate

Only somewhat rumored dates, Strix OC 2 weeks for first shipment and then the non-OC verison.... no eta, some are saying November

Associate
Read a few today, mines Ethereum at 93 MH/sec on the overclocked versions and the Chinese farms are supposedly changing over to 3080’s from what some posts on Tweaktown said... Back to another running fight with the Miners it seems.....
From someone that doesn't know anything about mining, what kind of money are they making with that rate?

Associate
tbh if theres stock of the 3090 before the 3080 I will just by one of those instead but I'm not going to hold my breath.
Seems that a lot of people are going to be going down that route. Out of the 12 people I know that were trying to get a 3080 I personally know of 4 others, myself included, that are trying our luck at the 3090 next week.

Soldato
Okay I know I'm one of the lucky ones to be getting my 3080 so soon but there's so much salt in here it's unbelievable. The blame for this lies squarely at Nvidias feet. I suspect they rushed this out to stop big navi in its tracks, but I don't believe anyone expected demand to be this high.

Associate
Prepare to be gouged.
I will see, again I have one on pre order, if I get a 3080 great if I don;t or it takes too long I will just cancel, my current card will suffice for now, I'm in no rush, I do admit I will struggle to buy stuff from OC in the future just on the basis of the last two big launches I've had the unfortunate pleasure to go through. It's not their fault in the majority but it seems like they haven't learn't a single thing from the last time if anything they got worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom